FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19

+5
hariesha
seek
anubis
Chinwi
marusira
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Empty Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:17 pm

marusira

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t18852-reef-19-anyone-collected?highlight=reef

Thanks.

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Thank you. මතක තියාගෙන හිටිය නේද ?

----
For those who wanted to read my update:

අපි කවුරුත් බලන විදියටම නැතුව, එහෙම නැත්නම් අනුන් කියපු දෙයකට බැන බැන ඉන්න වෙලාවේ ඊට වඩා යමක් හොයා ගන්න බලන්න ඕන.

REEF ලොක්ක වන දිලිත් මහත්මය TK තුමත් එක්ක තියෙන හුටපටේ ගැන කළ මාද්‍ය සාකච්චාව මේ ෆෝරම් එකෙත් ගියා. ඒ ගැන ගැන විවිධ අදහස් පල උනා. ඒ නමුත් එකේ අස්සේ එක වාක්‍යයක තිබුන එක දෙයක් ගැන කවුරුවත් පෙන්නුවේ නැහැ.

ඔහු කියා තිබුන කල්පිටියේ හෝටලේ හදන්න රජයෙන් සහතිකය ලැබුනේ ගිය මාසේ කියල.

එක ඇත්තනම් දැන් හෝටල් ව්‍යාපෘතිය ආරම්භ කරන්න කට්ටිය සෙට් වෙනවා ඇති කියල සාධාරණ උපකල්පනයක් කරන්න පුළුවන්.
කල්පිටිය පැත්ත ගැන අපහු විවධ නිවුස් එහෙමත් එන්න පටන් අරන්. පලවී ගුවන් තොට හදන්නත් මුදල් වෙන් කරලා ලු. ඔන්න අද කියනවා දුපත් 99 අවුරුදු බදු දෙනවලු

ඒ අනුව නුදුරු අනාගතයේ අදාල කොටස් මිල උත්තේජනයක් විය හැකියි කියා දිලි ගේ කතාව ගිය දින වල මම හිතපු නමුත් නිකන් බැනුම් අහන්නේ මොකටද කියල මේකේ දැම්මේ නැහැ.

Good luck.

anubis

Salute! Cool

To be comfortable with dealing with warrants I guess you are a very seasoned player Smile

This is the kind of risk I fear to take because of my lack of experience, so I gravitate towards fundamentally sound shares... but then they don't yield as much returns... No

That coupled with the limited capital, I'm always kind of stuck... No

Can you share a couple of points on how to become a trader like yourself? I mean how to develop the skill to work with speculatives? Do you use technicals? Or may be you are very sensitive to news items?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

marusira

Chinwi wrote:Thank you. මතක තියාගෙන හිටිය නේද ?

----
For those who wanted to read my update:

අපි කවුරුත් බලන විදියටම නැතුව, එහෙම නැත්නම් අනුන් කියපු දෙයකට බැන බැන ඉන්න වෙලාවේ ඊට වඩා යමක් හොයා ගන්න බලන්න ඕන.

REEF ලොක්ක වන දිලිත් මහත්මය TK තුමත් එක්ක තියෙන හුටපටේ ගැන කළ මාද්‍ය සාකච්චාව මේ ෆෝරම් එකෙත් ගියා. ඒ ගැන ගැන විවිධ අදහස් පල උනා. ඒ නමුත් එකේ අස්සේ එක වාක්‍යයක තිබුන එක දෙයක් ගැන කවුරුවත් පෙන්නුවේ නැහැ.

ඔහු කියා තිබුන කල්පිටියේ හෝටලේ හදන්න රජයෙන් සහතිකය ලැබුනේ ගිය මාසේ කියල.

එක ඇත්තනම් දැන් හෝටල් ව්‍යාපෘතිය ආරම්භ කරන්න කට්ටිය සෙට් වෙනවා ඇති කියල සාධාරණ උපකල්පනයක් කරන්න පුළුවන්.
කල්පිටිය පැත්ත ගැන අපහු විවධ නිවුස් එහෙමත් එන්න පටන් අරන්. පලවී ගුවන් තොට හදන්නත් මුදල් වෙන් කරලා ලු. ඔන්න අද කියනවා දුපත් 99 අවුරුදු බදු දෙනවලු

ඒ අනුව නුදුරු අනාගතයේ අදාල කොටස් මිල උත්තේජනයක් විය හැකියි කියා දිලි ගේ කතාව ගිය දින වල මම හිතපු නමුත් නිකන් බැනුම් අහන්නේ මොකටද කියල මේකේ දැම්මේ නැහැ.

Good luck.

තමන් දන්නා දේ හැමදෙනා සමගින් බෙදා හදා ගන්න ඔබට ගොඩක් ස්තුතියි ....
ජයවේවා ......

seek

anubis wrote:Salute! Cool

To be comfortable with dealing with warrants I guess you are a very seasoned player Smile

This is the kind of risk I fear to take because of my lack of experience, so I gravitate towards fundamentally sound shares... but then they don't yield as much returns... No

Can you share a couple of points on how to become a trader like yourself? I mean how to develop the skill to work with speculatives? Do you use technicals? Or may be you are very sensitive to news items?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

He is a master.. He should have at least more than twenty years of experiences in CSE

If I am not mistaken he is the most experienced member in this forum..

Hats off Chinwi.. I bought bulk of REEF.W19 at 6.00 today selling my SAMP. Smile
Crazy idea isn’t it. I can come back to SAMP after 2-3 days if I want.

anubis

@seek: This is great! if only we can get him to share some of his tricks... Wink

I want to be dealing with speculatives but the fear always keeps me away... Mad

Cheers!

marusira

anubis wrote:@seek: This is great! if only we can get him to share some of his tricks... Wink

Cheers!
some times we have to take the risk.....
If u bought @ 6.00 could sell @ 6.90

seek

marusira wrote:
anubis wrote:@seek: This is great! if only we can get him to share some of his tricks... Wink

Cheers!
some times we have to take the risk.....
If u bought @ 6.00 could sell @ 6.90

Let your profits grow. I am not hurry to sell till see a trend reversal.

anubis

@marusira: I do understand that one should be willing to take a risk, but how is it justified? How do you measure the risk? Why REEF.19 and not GREG?

Basically, I'm not asking for a fish, I'm asking some tips on how to go fishing... Wink

Cheers!

10Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Empty Re: Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

OMG !

I am not a trader. Smile
I tried a bit. Most of the times end up with L.

You may call me a sniper. I always think about where we are heading as a country. Naturally a positive thinker about our motherland and its people.
I read reports, check Cashflow, debt situation etc. Like a sniper, wait calmly until I see a good target; specially trying to identify a such when no one show any interest about it.
Shoot it. Again wait , wait , wait weeks, months sometimes years to collect the benefit. Once in a while get unexpected results within few days. ( + or -)

I use common TA charts to get an overall idea about a market. Not an expert about it. Early days we plotted in graph-papers now go Yahoo.

Sometimes I become a fundamental maniac. If I to invest a considerable amount in a new hotel project or in a functioning industry I may physically go there to see the actual situation, if possible. :-) Because you should not believe or rely on media shows funded by interested parties.

Actually I even went to Kalpitiya area many months ago, got 1st hand info, did not gamble on REEF or CITK when they were trading high. pirat Now I feel a change, I should get ready to have a visit again in coming months.

Remember, I am not a guru, in the same boat with many of you for last many months. !

11Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Empty Re: Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:03 pm

anubis

@Chinwi: Many thanks for sharing your experience!!! Cool

You have highlighted several really good points. Need to work on those areas. Also, it seems making money in the stock market requires investing a lot of time in analyzing stocks etc. this is another area I need to improve. Simply placing your puny little saving in a "fundamental" stock is not going to get you going IMO, this is the hard truth I have come to realize.

Well, lesson learnt. Will be more patient and try to adjust my way of trading.

Thanks again for sharing the valuable experience!!!

Cheers!

12Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Empty Re: Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:08 pm

hariesha

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

seek wrote:
anubis wrote:Salute! Cool

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

He is a master.. He should have at least more than twenty years of experiences in CSE

If I am not mistaken he is the most experienced member in this forum..

Hats off Chinwi.. I bought bulk of REEF.W19 at 6.00 today selling my SAMP. Smile
Crazy idea isn’t it. I can come back to SAMP after 2-3 days if I want.

REEF.W0019 is one of the safest warrants in CSE. Conversion date is in 2015. So plenty of time to play. As in the case of most of the shares, Reef.N seem to be bottom out. People who invested in W19 when it was at 2.50/3 level earned about 250% return in last rally as it went pass 9/-. We are in the 2nd cycle in REEF/HVA. Already given about 20% return. Most of the shares are touching new levels with each cycle.

13Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Empty Re: Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:47 pm

Whitebull

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:OMG !

I am not a trader. Smile
I tried a bit. Most of the times end up with L.

You may call me a sniper. I always think about where we are heading as a country. Naturally a positive thinker about our motherland and its people.
I read reports, check Cashflow, debt situation etc. Like a sniper, wait calmly until I see a good target; specially trying to identify a such when no one show any interest about it.
Shoot it. Again wait , wait , wait weeks, months sometimes years to collect the benefit. Once in a while get unexpected results within few days. ( + or -)

I use common TA charts to get an overall idea about a market. Not an expert about it. Early days we plotted in graph-papers now go Yahoo.

Sometimes I become a fundamental maniac. If I to invest a considerable amount in a new hotel project or in a functioning industry I may physically go there to see the actual situation, if possible. :-) Because you should not believe or rely on media shows funded by interested parties.

Actually I even went to Kalpitiya area many months ago, got 1st hand info, did not gamble on REEF or CITK when they were trading high. pirat Now I feel a change, I should get ready to have a visit again in coming months.

Remember, I am not a guru, in the same boat with many of you for last many months. !

Good advice to all who have praised you for being right on REEF Wink

14Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Empty Re: Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:37 pm

Market Sucker

Market Sucker

Chinwi wrote:

Good luck.

apoi ow,ape kattiya hama dekatama kiyanne "HIDDEN AGENDAS" kiyalane Razz

dan me forum eke 95%kma thiyenne gon political talks,hama welema okkoma NEWSPAPERS meke publish karana nisa hoda topic ekak unath hariyata balaganna ba Evil or Very Mad

ape kattiya 4800 ganan waladi wikunala dan 5100 unama PORA TALK dala kiyanawa HNWI,MAFIA,PUMP AND DUMP kiyala, Razz
today i saw many PUMPS and mutual transfers in MFL,REEF W19,REEF N,HPFL..,probably their will be suckers in the end,but we must be careful when buying something, "IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCEPTION"

anyway you are great CHINWI,good luck

15Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Empty Re: Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:23 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

anubis wrote:@Chinwi: Many thanks for sharing your experience!!! Cool

You have highlighted several really good points. Need to work on those areas. Also, it seems making money in the stock market requires investing a lot of time in analyzing stocks etc. this is another area I need to improve. Simply placing your puny little saving in a "fundamental" stock is not going to get you going IMO, this is the hard truth I have come to realize.

Well, lesson learnt. Will be more patient and try to adjust my way of trading.

Thanks again for sharing the valuable experience!!!

Cheers!

Anubis,
As an investor it is okay (good) to have a mixture of short,medium,long term shares. Which percentage is more depends on your nature.Going with fundamentals deserves patience but the reward is it can be slow moving at the start but can bring you peace of mind when holding. They are usually for long term. But not necessarily.in a bull market once fundamentals gets some speculative info they can hit the roof. Notice that happened to DFCC,SPEN,LOLC for example in 2010.

Don't get discouraged if you hold fundamentals and see other shares gaining higher percentage regurn in these types of markets. Once the true bull comes all this can change. Investing and trading is game of studying developments,hunting for knowledge constantly, holding your nerve until your time comes . Every stock will have its time.

16Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Empty Re: Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:54 am

anubis

@slstock: 100% agree.

A limiting factor for me is that I can't spend more than 30 mins on the stock market per day... and this is the reason I go with fundamentals and once in a while come back and see what has happened. To be a good investor I guess you really have to be in it... it's not a part-time job as far as I have come to realize (painfully).

Anyway, I'm not going to let go of all the fundamentals and turn to be a trader all of a sudden Wink that's bound to fail. Although, I need to adjust my way of looking at the market, otherwise I will not be able to increase my capital.

Fundamental shares are good if you have like 50 Mils to invest, then you can do your research, place your money and relax. But think about someone like me with ~1Mil portfolio... like it or not I have to do at least a bit of trading to increase the capital IMHO. Particularly because I'm in this pathetic situation of not being able to pump in new capital... otherwise I'll be happy with fundamental shares because I can always keep buying...

Anyway, I'm not going to make any changes to my portfolio. But I have to start doing some digging into trading and see if it's something I can handle. Time is the major limiting factor Smile

Thanks a lot for everybody who gave pointers! Cool

Cheers!

17Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Empty Re: Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:20 am

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

anubis wrote:@slstock: 100% agree.

A limiting factor for me is that I can't spend more than 30 mins on the stock market per day... and this is the reason I go with fundamentals and once in a while come back and see what has happened. To be a good investor I guess you really have to be in it... it's not a part-time job as far as I have come to realize (painfully).

Anyway, I'm not going to let go of all the fundamentals and turn to be a trader all of a sudden Wink that's bound to fail. Although, I need to adjust my way of looking at the market, otherwise I will not be able to increase my capital.

Fundamental shares are good if you have like 50 Mils to invest, then you can do your research, place your money and relax. But think about someone like me with ~1Mil portfolio... like it or not I have to do at least a bit of trading to increase the capital IMHO. Particularly because I'm in this pathetic situation of not being able to pump in new capital... otherwise I'll be happy with fundamental shares because I can always keep buying...

Anyway, I'm not going to make any changes to my portfolio. But I have to start doing some digging into trading and see if it's something I can handle. Time is the major limiting factor Smile

Thanks a lot for everybody who gave pointers! Cool

Cheers!
i see you in me...same pathetic situ..... pale

better days are ahead sana..... bounce

Lets brace ourselves for the good days pirat

Look Alike
TAH

18Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Empty Re: Chinwi U said correctly about Reef W19 Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:30 am

anubis

@traderathome: Thank you for the comforting thoughts Wink

Let's see how things go, patience is the key.

Cheers!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum