FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

BFL, TAFL, GRAN - seems mega chicken rally soon

+14
Dr_CSE
market bull
SL.Market
suja
smallville
Rajitha
econ
fairbullrun
worthiness
Slstock
wsaman
MerdoxR
stockmania
Market.Player
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

suja

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Hey , I admire all the post why only posts by one person. What Rajitha has said is great though not going good with the rest of us. What Sl stock has said is also true it is us who take the final decision so look at both the positive and negative and move forward.

I am a CTC and a CTEA lover any other close to monopoly products I will look at , but the trend for the past one month is diffrerent and if you dont do trades in this enviorenment you would be foolish

Slstock

Director - Equity Analytics

We will admire all people who make positive or negative comments on any share but they should respect others and do not make false accusations . Also they have the right to dicuss matters politely. Some should also reliase they have commented and had interest on shares at one time that have also fallen to dust now. No body is God. If they are traders or short term player , who left the market and do not hold, do so . No problem. But do not insult others falsely. trying to show their superiority. Few members here have been with the forum and CSE through thick and thin.

I am speakign out , as there are several people missing who should comment here and I was unreasonably dragged into this because I showed interest on GRAN due to their growth potential at one point. Also this conversation alwasy comes without end. Lately policy issues, feed costs has hampered the industry. But it can change ( as with everythign in life)

BTW, why beat around the bush. Smallville, Econ , Innam and several other were accused on this matter. I hope these people will make comments here.

The real chicken promoters were not in this forum. So chicken haters should go to those places and make accusation without blaming a few retailer who have interest. We try our best to reduce promotions in this forum.

If some can find a post I made to promote a share I challenge them to prove it. If I cannot comment on a share , then all these analysis I make and knoweldge I learn the hard way I share will stop.

Remember who was here at the forum during difficult times and making comments here. Only a handful.

I hope every one here respects other withotu showing they know everything.

suja wrote:Hey , I admire all the post why only posts by one person. What Rajitha has said is great though not going good with the rest of us. What Sl stock has said is also true it is us who take the final decision so look at both the positive and negative and move forward.

I am a CTC and a CTEA lover any other close to monopoly products I will look at , but the trend for the past one month is diffrerent and if you dont do trades in this enviorenment you would be foolish

Last edited by slstock on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Rajitha,

Its not anyone's fault that you didnt notice the chicken shares. Ppl who invested in BFL about 2-3 yeas back harvested in 2011 run, so there's nothing wrong with it.. After all its an investment proved to have matured early..
Then there was PCH.. after a huge collocation at 9 it started the run.. So many cashed out.. It had some salient features to become a good company but the management was adamant and didnt see the customer correctly. So we had to forget its an emerging company.

BFL on the other hand was a company with less debt and a solid income stream with various products. Even maize added the benefits to the bottom line. Any company cant have Qtr-Qtr growth, Some times due to disasters, policy changes or in this case a change in eating patterns or buying patterns due to the increase of living cost, all chicken companies may find revenue drops.. Like wise there are temporary setbacks as well as permanent issues. What we should worry about the latter not even the 10-20 drop in revenue qtr-wise.
Every qty will not be like that in chicken we know the Q3 would be a better one historically..
Ok lets forget chicken,.

Hope you could put aside your anger for some shares and contribute the forum genuinely. We all know that u loved plantations. So why cant u talk about those since its very rare that we talk abt those shares now..
Rubber has many ups n downs hence KGAL could be affected but we know KGAL was a gem before the wage hike issue.. Remember u told that its a knee-jerk reaction..
So these are the things that we should talk about...

Humour is always welcome but attacks without facts are not healthy for a forum. Just becuz some one doesn't like your idea or have another opinion u dont become a fool..
Remember few days ago I said SL economy is slowly going up, then u came and brought a good bar chart and indicated we're not that strong in that dept.. Did I try to find any thing to attack u cuz u were not in my pages? No.. It was also part of learning.. Its just one example we might see things in different ways Wink

SLS,

Rajitha is stil learning from his mistakes so its good that we take it not serious..
As both of u are academics and u being a senior one, u might've seen 101 guys in this attitude..

Surprisingly Rajitha wont learn.. And if he's not willing to change the attitudes and contribute we might find its a bad idea to feed him Wink

SL.Market

Vice President - Equity Analytics

SLS..
Please don't challenge to any body to show you are correct and don't wast ur valuable time this type of argument in such a sunny season we are having...

Enjoy.... This is not the time for hot argument

Slstock

SL.Market wrote:SLS..
Please don't challenge to any body to show you are correct and don't wast ur valuable time this type of argument in such a sunny season we are having...

SL Market,
Bottom line, people should respect others and have proof for accusations if they want to do one.
Hope you remember the hard time you had SL.Market ?

I never said I am correct. But false accusation I will not tolerate just like any one will not.

Small,
I agree. Sometimes it is waste to spend time with people who are not sensitive or receptive to others opinions. But nobody would like a false accusation.

On the topic

I already mentioned what I need to say at this time about the poultry sector. Today these share held their ground from yesterday even during the down turn. Lets see what the future is . Short term players be alert and trade smart. , long term players: identify and study the risks and gains in this sector which I beleiev has potential.

If you are a chicken hater don;t invest. Simple.

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Funny thing is people asking for evidence and all I have done is given them some old evidence! I never went off and told people not to buy these shares last time when they shot up ! To the contrary I told it might not be a healthy one and only started to tell people not to buy when it started to shoot down! You people also go check what you have posted!

BTW I don't regrets like you smallvile not having invested in chicken shares back then as I already made a huge return investing on other shares! The only regret I have from those days is even going against my own instinct I did not cash out some fundamental shares(about 50% of my portfolio)!
Also I never said like some people here to go by any time of shares when they are going down! OR made false calculations! All my calculations I predicted regarding earnings were very close to the real figures even if the share prices does not appreciate!

PS:- Anyway I don't care a whole lot what most think but I'm just here to do my duty to educate the newcomers about both sides of the story than all ganking up and promoting certain stocks! Though it does help when there are soo many people here who I can always count on to be wrong Very Happy

SL.Market

SL.Market

slstock wrote:
SL.Market wrote:SLS..

SL Market,
Bottom line, people should respect others and have proof for accusations if they want to do one.
Hope you remember the hard time you had SL.Market ?

I never said I am correct. But false accusation I will not tolerate just like any one will not.

Small,
I agree. Sometimes it is waste to spend time with people who are not sensitive or receptive to others opinions. But nobody would like a false accusation.

On the topic

I already mentioned what I need to say at this time about the poultry sector. Today these share held their ground from yesterday even during the down turn. Lets see what the future is . Short term players be alert and trade smart. , long term players: identify and study the risks and gains in this sector which I believe has potential.

If you are a chicken hater don;t invest. Simple.

Yes... Why not
I continue here because of you
I personally think u should not argue with this type of people...
They come and go but u will be here for ever in EF...
Good Luck sir

Last edited by SL.Market on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total

market bull

market bull

BFL 1st q EPS is 3.1 with associate company profit adjustment.I dont think they will get super EPS in 2nd q also.Max 4-5.

All are expecting super EPS in 3 rd & 4th q's like last year.sometime they may get,but how can we tell exactly.If q3 profit is not good,Big guns will exit nicely from this share before publish date q3 a/c's.Finally who has to suffer,only retail investors.

This share is overvalued with current figures.

If you have simply earned money you can try your luck.

Next year ake goda ennath puluwan, naththatama nativennath puluwan.Decision is yours.

Market.Player wrote:Short Term (September'2012) Tragets,

BFL - EPS 28 X say PER 8 = Rs.224/- plus
TAFL - EPS 12 X say PER 8 = Rs.96/- plus
GRAN - EPS 15 X say PER 8 = Rs.120/- plus

Party time soon..

smallville

smallville

Rajitha wrote:
BTW I don't regrets like you smallvile not having invested in chicken shares back then as I already made a huge return investing on other shares!

Poor you dont seem to read much.. good if you have invested like us at least I mean in alternatives..

Rajitha wrote:
PS:- Anyway I don't care a whole lot what most think but I'm just here to do my duty to educate the newcomers about both sides of the story than all ganking up and promoting certain stocks! Though it does help when there are soo many people here who I can always count on to be wrong Very Happy

Good attitude.. Pls keep posting and educate new comers.. That's what strive to achive in this forum..
However, as u say many ppl will be wrong and you would be correct then you have something to happy about Wink.. After all you have so much of experience in CSE now so you can go in line with the well experienced ones.. Good luck with that..

We must always should know that we need to cash out when necessary, either shares are fundamentally strong or crap. If not we cannot take the short term volatilities in to our benefit..

If some one argues that we need to hold on to something that we bought at 150 after seeing it passing 400. Hell yeah. Hold.. Then when its beaten down to 200.. u can still hold.. But coming closer to 160 if you dont sell and protect your capital, having faith that it would pass 150 wont help.. At least if you dont sell it at 140 and recover a majority of your capital, looking at it when its at 100 or 120 make u miserable.. After all if you think about it, its not faith, its stupidity which we didnt realize at first place..

econ

econ
Global Moderator

We love chicken run but Rajitha loves plantation run Very Happy
Anyway Rajitha does not comment on plantations these days , I wonder why?? Very Happy

MerdoxR

MerdoxR
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

He is vegetarian Laughing

Dr_CSE

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Poultry shares on slow collection this morning. Those who love chicken run better get into bus while it is at the bus stop. Running into the moving bus may cause damage. We might see a chicken run this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

malanp

In CSE, a share becomes a GEM only once, no second time.

and trading pattern also never repeat.

That is the unique feature of CSE.

So if you think chicken run will start again, based on CSE history it can not happen.

buwr

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

market bull wrote:BFL 1st q EPS is 3.1 with associate company profit adjustment.I dont think they will get super EPS in 2nd q also.Max 4-5.

All are expecting super EPS in 3 rd & 4th q's like last year.sometime they may get,but how can we tell exactly.If q3 profit is not good,Big guns will exit nicely from this share before publish date q3 a/c's.Finally who has to suffer,only retail investors.

This share is overvalued with current figures.

If you have simply earned money you can try your luck.

Next year ake goda ennath puluwan, naththatama nativennath puluwan.Decision is yours.

Market.Player wrote:Short Term (September'2012) Tragets,

BFL - EPS 28 X say PER 8 = Rs.224/- plus
TAFL - EPS 12 X say PER 8 = Rs.96/- plus
GRAN - EPS 15 X say PER 8 = Rs.120/- plus

Party time soon..

Monday BFL will 200

tata

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

BFL is a highly manipulated share.
Irrespective of eps , this can be 200 , 300 or even back again where it was.
BFL recorded high eps in Q2/Q3 in 2010/11 mainly due to increased margin than volume.

All will depend 15 -20 players ........................

Test your luck!

aship

aship
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Friends,

History repeats at CSE

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum