FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by ApolloCSE Yesterday at 2:01 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Difficult to break 5600 ?

+10
Rapaport
market bull
Roboticfx
wikum100
fairbullrun
anjelo
Market.Player
oops
stockmania
Sudarshen
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Sudarshen

Manager - Equity Analytics

Will it be more difficult to break 5600 ?

2Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:47 pm

stockmania

stockmania

No, 6000+ at the end of the month cheers

3Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:51 pm

oops

ubalata 5200 idanma amaruine.Ane pala yanna. Very Happy Very Happy.
RSI karayoi FIBANA.... KARAYOI KO DAN? Razz

4Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Market.Player

Market.Player
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

This is party time

5Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:29 pm

anjelo

anjelo
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

ow dan bana kiyana ayata hulan thamai. un bana kiuwata unge portfolio walath dan junk share pirila athi...
hva tikak ehema.. uuuurrmmmm...

6Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:40 pm

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

HI Guys, we know that who predicted correct way are happy mood and my opinion we should welcome all the contributions whether it is supportive or counter with our ways of expressions.

I am really enjoying even I am beginner I understood now the people sentiments are higher and the market still positive mood to upward. flower
but some of technical explanations need to consider with respective little dipped but for that less chance to happen because still upward trend mood is high.
Thanks for all the guys specially for the right people of prediction
bounce cheers

wikum100

WHAT DO YOU THINK ????WHO RESPONSIBLE ???DO YOU THINK NEW DGRESPONSIBLE ??OR MANUPULATORS OR SHEER SMALL INVESTOR DRIVEN ???WHERE WILL THIS STOP ????6000 IN THIS WEEK ????

8Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

This time it will skyrocket to +8000. Laughing

9Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:36 pm

stockmania

stockmania

Hope Next Year 9000+

10Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:40 pm

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

stockmania wrote:Hope Next Year 9000+

Is it too much positive??? if then kiyala wedak ne Wink

11Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:02 pm

market bull

market bull
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I have predicted 5500 on 25th of last month,it happened 10 days later,i am happy.but guys dont be foolish now,market is over brought & expecting a correction sooner than later.most probably this week. I feel this trend will be continued at least another 4-5 weeks with some breaks.now people talking about 8,000-9,000L.But try to learn something from the past

I have sold all my portfolio except one junk share i have(GREG).I wanted to sell GREG also today but later i saw some movements of that share & decided not to sell until it comes to at least NAPS level.(my target is 22-23 with next bull run)

Happy trading Very Happy

12Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Rapaport

Rapaport

Watch the market carefully and learn from the past. Market cannot move up 500-1000 points every month in a consistent fashion. It doesn't make sense.
people have already started talking about unrealistic figures. I can remeber i used to think the same and think that the market can double next year and so on but i feel those are now signs of immaturity. Dont insult the guys who talk sense but learn from them. They can be right and you may not have the experience to understand what they say. Please respect otherwise good members may get disgusted and leave!

The beginning of the bull phase is very strong as we can see and most will join in to sell soon. They need to make a profit and yes they will definitely go back in for the next party.

13Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Fresher

wikum - topic has been merged. please avoid using CAPS

14Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:17 pm

stockmania

stockmania

Rapaport wrote:Watch the market carefully and learn from the past. Market cannot move up 500-1000 points every month in a consistent fashion. It doesn't make sense.
people have already started talking about unrealistic figures. I can remeber i used to think the same and think that the market can double next year and so on but i feel those are now signs of immaturity. Dont insult the guys who talk sense but learn from them. They can be right and you may not have the experience to understand what they say. Please respect otherwise good members may get disgusted and leave!

The beginning of the bull phase is very strong as we can see and most will join in to sell soon. They need to make a profit and yes they will definitely go back in for the next party.

See the bull at 2010 August ASI movement Market can move more than 1000 points if REAL bull came. And check how ASI dropped during last year. Dropping also can happen in same scale.

15Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:42 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

This is what we actually learn in this forum...

Crowd mentality..

lol!

Average ppl never learn.. By the time a mojority learn the truth.. It may be too late..
For the information of ignorant;
Some counters still being collected and some speculative being dumped by some of the known names...
They may be thanking now.. lol!

16Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:23 am

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

Hi.. smallv,
is it the fact that ASI not moving as some guys are expecting, just I need further elaboration if you ok pls
Regrds
FBR

17Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:53 am

smallville

smallville

fairbullrun wrote:Hi.. smallv,
is it the fact that ASI not moving as some guys are expecting, just I need further elaboration if you ok pls
Regrds
FBR

A market cannot move like this.. Pullbacks, sideways, corrections are necessary for the market to survive.

The way it has reached 5500 from 4900 made me skepticle on many aspects.

Following a chat with a good friend of mine who was also a techie, it was evident that most of the upside was financed by credit.. Are we fools to think that HNWIs made that much of money in the bear market? They were patiently waiting to dump their crap when market turns green and I beleive they've done that..

All those so called "hi volumes" were dumpings of some high not worthy investors imo.. I may be wrong but as per the tech theories we're just not seeing a healthy run.. some may say double or tripple bottoms or even many patters have been formed.. but no real strength in this..

If the runs we saw were credit runs, we know what happened last time with too much credit. eh?

I only have few shares so only less to loose if it doesn't run..

So doubts come to my mind as I'm not waiting to dump at the moment Wink

Having said that I have to emphasize that my trading patterns only suitable for me.. Cool

18Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:05 am

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

I do accept ur explanations but I knew due to this ongoing uptrend new investors as far my knowledge some of my friends are trying to invest and some are trying to open another account with best rank trading brokers. What does it mean to me some new investors or those backward are coming and is this not lead to continue the uptrend. Pls explain me I am not having expert knowledge I just raising based on my present observation not technically and fundamentally strong.
Regards
FBR Smile

19Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:05 am

anubis

@smallville: I've been pulling my hair to try to find an explanation for the current run. On one hand, the market was undervalued, but the sharpness of this rise doesn't seem to fit this way of thinking (may be I'm wrong, slstock for example might argue otherwise).

There are two other explanations:

1. Market was pushed down by some gang purposely and with the recent reforms at SEC, they simply let these restraints go... (causing the market to correct itself). (this is something you hinted at on a previous thread)

2. Market is being pushed up by some gang for some evil purpose.

At this point I have no clue what's going on. Since I'm an ultra-small-scale investor / trader (+ a newbie), I've decided to stay away. That is kind of foolish, since I'm totally missing this train... but I just can't make up my mind to jump in... Sad

Cheers!

20Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:41 am

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

anubis wrote:@smallville: I've been pulling my hair to try to find an explanation for the current run. On one hand, the market was undervalued, but the sharpness of this rise doesn't seem to fit this way of thinking (may be I'm wrong, slstock for example might argue otherwise).

1. Market was pushed down by some gang purposely and with the recent reforms at SEC, they simply let these restraints go... (causing the market to correct itself). (this is something you hinted at on a previous thread)

At this point I have no clue what's going on. Since I'm an ultra-small-scale investor / trader (+ a newbie), I've decided to stay away. That is kind of foolish, since I'm totally missing this train... but I just can't make up my mind to jump in... Sad

Cheers!

I would like to see how slstock give an explanation for this as you say "[quote="anubis"]@smallville: I've been pulling my hair to try to find an explanation for the current run. On one hand, the market was undervalued, but the sharpness of this rise doesn't seem to fit this way of thinking (may be I'm wrong, slstock for example might argue otherwise)."

Tks
FBR
scratch

21Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:22 am

smallville

smallville

anubis wrote:There are two other explanations:

Cheers!

Good one.. both reasons are valid.. Market had a correction itself imo but that was artificailly fueled by some gand who wanted the SEC head gone,, so the crashing was inevitable.. Now intelligent ppl bought the stockt at the bottom thanks to this Wink
Then these ppl need suckers to sell their averaged stuff...
You've seen how OFFQ was manipulated to 3000 from 300 levels with just above 500 qty and exited after 3000.. This is how the games being played in CSE..

Danno danithi.. Nodanno danna ayata bena bena indithi.. What to do.. sometimes ignorance is bliss, sometimes not..

fairbullrun wrote:I do accept ur explanations but I knew due to this ongoing uptrend new investors as far my knowledge some of my friends are trying to invest and some are trying to open another account with best rank trading brokers. What does it mean to me some new investors or those backward are coming and is this not lead to continue the uptrend. Pls explain me I am not having expert knowledge I just raising based on my present observation not technically and fundamentally strong.
Regards
FBR Smile

FBR, as you may understand in this game; someone's fiasco is another one's victory.. So if new money doesnt come or if suckers wont born then how these HNWIs, prudent investors, brokers or traders promote stocks could sell their stocks easily and rapidly?

22Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:52 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Think it is not that difficult to answer this.

You are correct on both counts. Market was beaten down too much ( when at 4700-4800) by some forces or not. It appears that there was some manipulation of indices also. There were shares trading at unrealistic values. Some were lowest for 2-3 years with improving fundamentals than 2010-2011. So when the sentiments and the "environment" changed , people/retailers will be driving the run. Others joined the party. When the run happens some money might get recycled into new counters infusing a fresh round of buying. This cycle can keep going for some time unless the sentiment changes.

Did you notice the difference between previous and latest runs? Within the last year or so, everytime it ran a bit , some big order came to sell down. Since people were scared and less retailer participation was there it went lower and lower.

This time , it appeared there were buyer to match the sellers even when they sell down. Bigger orders started to come in. I still see heavily undervalued counters and some overvalued ones.

Having said all this , no market can go straight up or straight down always. So it is always better to play it safe if one is worried about short term. The market kept running for many session now. So at some point there can be some red days or corrections . But the severity of these red days or hours depends on the buyers coming to meet the seller. Will it dip as low as 4700 figures? For some counters we can say bye bye to those values.

I definetly see that there is more stronger purchase pattern than before. So we should not compare with previous times.

Anyway, we cannot expect market to keep going up and up without corrections.
At that time people will say I told you market will come down ;-)

anubis wrote:@smallville: I've been pulling my hair to try to find an explanation for the current run. On one hand, the market was undervalued, but the sharpness of this rise doesn't seem to fit this way of thinking (may be I'm wrong, slstock for example might argue otherwise).

Cheers!

23Difficult to break 5600 ?  Empty Re: Difficult to break 5600 ? Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:03 am

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

Well said slstock! I'm grateful to you sir. Your statement is a very needed one it explains the incident well.

Thanks small. Your sentiment is also valid and physical!

Happy Trading! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum