FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» Is 12th a holiday CSE
by Vishwanarth Today at 10:46 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by jason12 Today at 1:25 am

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by dayandacool Yesterday at 11:19 pm

» Kelani TYRES
by shan31 Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000)
by shan31 Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by shan31 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by shan31 Yesterday at 7:34 pm

» Crypto , Digital Currency Trading , Forex
by RJ1010 Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» South Asia’s first Disneyland to come up in Sri Lanka
by samaritan Yesterday at 1:42 pm

» LOLC Share Price
by madukp Yesterday at 1:27 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:53 pm

» TALAWAKELLE TEA ESTATES PLC (TPL.N0000)
by lakymahesh Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:20 pm

» Sri Lanka bans palm oil imports, tells producers to uproot plantations
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:22 pm

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by Bakka1988 Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:33 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by madukp Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:33 pm

» ASPI Prediction by HNWI
by samaritan Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:09 am

» Price prediction on GRAN and TAFL
by desh87 Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:31 am

» දර්ශක අගයන් 8200 -9000 මට්ටමට හෝ ඉන් ඔබ්බට ජූලී මාසේ එන්න පුලුවන්
by kalu351 Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:25 pm

» The goal is to make money, not to prove you're right and the stock market is wrong. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:07 pm

» Potential shares for a short term gain
by EquityChamp Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:51 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Hidden side of the RED.....

Hidden side of the RED.....

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:33 pm

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
following questions on my mind, do you ?

1. Are we witnessing badly given credit, now clearing by famous STBs ?
2. Panic selling combined with blue chip profit taking ?
3. .......ppl are collecting by forcelly down the market through force selling, since now they can sell any time.

2Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Isn't this another great opportunity to lessen the average on some of the purchases made in haste ? Very Happy

3Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:58 pm

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Not only that............ neda ?

@Kithsiri wrote:Isn't this another great opportunity to lessen the average on some of the purchases made in haste ? Very Happy

4Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Market was heading where it should be, as I earlier posted in another thread some times back that some of the HNWI's already off loaded what they wanted to our so called intelligent traders/investors (In my language greddy bast***).
Nothing to worry all these guys will moarn for ever in this forum, because they are gamblers. Thats all.

5Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@opfdo wrote:following questions on my mind, do you ?

1. Are we witnessing badly given credit, now clearing by famous STBs ?
2. Panic selling combined with blue chip profit taking ?
3. .......ppl are collecting by forcelly down the market through force selling, since now they can sell any time.

1. no
2.no
3.no

6Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:32 pm

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Ture....

Share your thoughts currently on your mind, you may thinking why it is going down..... share it, then we can get an Idea..... about our mindset...

we badly need to change our thinking..... do not we....otherwise as I said before we can see more red days because of panic.....

@Redbulls wrote:Market was heading where it should be, as I earlier posted in another thread some times back that some of the HNWI's already off loaded what they wanted to our so called intelligent traders/investors (In my language greddy bast***).
Nothing to worry all these guys will moarn for ever in this forum, because they are gamblers. Thats all.

7Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@opfdo wrote:Ture....

Share your thoughts currently on your mind, you may thinking why it is going down..... share it, then we can get an Idea..... about our mindset...

we badly need to change our thinking..... do not we....otherwise as I said before we can see more red days because of panic.....

@Redbulls wrote:Market was heading where it should be, as I earlier posted in another thread some times back that some of the HNWI's already off loaded what they wanted to our so called intelligent traders/investors (In my language greddy bast***).
Nothing to worry all these guys will moarn for ever in this forum, because they are gamblers. Thats all.

Do some proper analyse why it went up,then we'll find the answer why its coming down.

Sorry to say in this forum and those who are doing so called trading in CSE are Gamblers.

AS I said so many times in this forum as well as also Slstock, why we need to worry too much on ASPI?
Concentrate on selected counters, there are still room for bargain hunters.

Plan a Trade, Trade a Plan.

8Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Redbulls wrote:
Do some proper analyse why it went up,then we'll find the answer why its coming down.

Sorry to say in this forum and those who are doing so called trading in CSE are Gamblers.

AS I said so many times in this forum as well as also Slstock, why we need to worry too much on ASPI?
Concentrate on selected counters, there are still room for bargain hunters.

Plan a Trade, Trade a Plan.

This is quite funny as I can remember you were one person also stating their are some good counters to buy even when market was over 5.9k! I did not see those kinds of posts back then than to buy intelligently good shares and posts like that. Well I guess next SLstock will also come here and say how he warned people about this down trend, the guy who kept saying people should not panic and sell when market was near 6000 level and going down (even till last week or so).

9Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Rajitha wrote:
@Redbulls wrote:
Do some proper analyse why it went up,then we'll find the answer why its coming down.

Sorry to say in this forum and those who are doing so called trading in CSE are Gamblers.

AS I said so many times in this forum as well as also Slstock, why we need to worry too much on ASPI?
Concentrate on selected counters, there are still room for bargain hunters.

Plan a Trade, Trade a Plan.

This is quite funny as I can remember you were one person also stating their are some good counters to buy even when market was over 5.9k! I did not see those kinds of posts back then than to buy intelligently good shares and posts like that. Well I guess next SLstock will also come here and say how he warned people about this down trend, the guy who kept saying people should not panic and sell when market was near 6000 level and going down (even till last week or so).

Still I'm maintaining that argument open, I can challege with anyone and I'm 1000 time correct there are still counters to collect for trading.
Please note if there are greedy pigs around you still you can find good counters.

10Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@ Rajitha
I know that you got personal grudge with Slstock and others.
I mentioned his name in my argument to retirate the point concerning of ASPI only.

11Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@ Rajitha:

The ego and personal issues come out again. You simply cannot let go can you?


If you don;t check the forum regulary it is your fault . Suddenly smart alecs like you come
when the market is Red to prove their ego issues.


If I recall you are the one who said before end of Sept market will 5000 and repeated it to sound smart. Did it happen? Was your prediction correct?


Do you understand that martket have cycles? Also unlike you we have ethics as Investors not to abandon ship when things go wrong. And ytes we have 3 different portfolios. Trading is only one of them.


How many times in this forum have I mentioned that market was overbought when RSI was over 90 needed correction. Go check. Do a search before you atleast try show your qualities. When these corrections happen ( manipulated or not) it can go to extremes and overcorrect. Did it not happen before. It went up the same way , to extremes 1000 points within a too short of a time . Some of us expected a correction .

Also, yes still there are very good value share to buy. But not for people like you. This is for people with investment plans and holding power with longer term target goals who does not panic and make rude comments at the drop of a hat when the market turns red.

So if people are short term , panic a lot, talk a lot and worry about optimizing profit , go sell when you want to. I presume you sold you DIMO and ALLI also now though you said they are your long term shares. Who is stopping you. Did I stop you .When I make a comment in a public forum I ofcourse target people who are unlike you have courtesy to Understand. Also I did not think I ahve the power to stop people from selling if they wanted to . WOW.

If you cannot understand the difference between short term, medium term and long term I suggest you keep quiet , follow you statergy and not drag people like me into your confused world. Thanks you.



@Rajitha wrote:
@Redbulls wrote:
Do some proper analyse why it went up,then we'll find the answer why its coming down.

Sorry to say in this forum and those who are doing so called trading in CSE are Gamblers.

AS I said so many times in this forum as well as also Slstock, why we need to worry too much on ASPI?
Concentrate on selected counters, there are still room for bargain hunters.

Plan a Trade, Trade a Plan.

This is quite funny as I can remember you were one person also stating their are some good counters to buy even when market was over 5.9k! I did not see those kinds of posts back then than to buy intelligently good shares and posts like that. Well I guess next SLstock will also come here and say how he warned people about this down trend, the guy who kept saying people should not panic and sell when market was near 6000 level and going down (even till last week or so).

12Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:59 pm

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
so Mr.Rajiths.... just no.....whats on your mind.....
I hope you are waiting for the bottom to collect ..........(joke)

@Rajitha wrote:
@opfdo wrote:following questions on my mind, do you ?

1. Are we witnessing badly given credit, now clearing by famous STBs ?
2. Panic selling combined with blue chip profit taking ?
3. .......ppl are collecting by forcelly down the market through force selling, since now they can sell any time.

1. no
2.no
3.no

13Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Jana1


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I dont know about personal trouble in bet rajithan and slstock. As far as I know slstock was highly bullish on the mkt at uptrend.
@Redbulls wrote:@ Rajitha
I know that you got personal grudge with Slstock and others.
I mentioned his name in my argument to retirate the point concerning of ASPI only.

14Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Animosities surface with RED ? Shocked

15Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Jana1 wrote:I dont know about personal trouble in bet rajithan and slstock. As far as I know slstock was highly bullish on the mkt at uptrend.
@Redbulls wrote:@ Rajitha
I know that you got personal grudge with Slstock and others.
I mentioned his name in my argument to retirate the point concerning of ASPI only.

I was highly bullish when ASI was around 4800 and made several posts i nthe forum. How many times did I mention it then.



http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19816-some-thoughts-on-cse-market-situation-at-present
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19939-good-shares-time-to-analyze-and-post-findings-open-invitation-to-all



How many would still have made 20-100% gains if you bought then. Go read. But even now, if one is having patience and investment goals I see bargain shares for the future. Some shares are trading at 1/3 peak values just due to short term issues. These shares will recover in the longer term as they have done for past 10-15 years in the company history. Thanks to uncouth people like some here I decided not to post finding/analysis even with facts now.


Remember that people can have short term, medium term and long term portfolio. if you are short term then you follow you stategy. I do too with my short term portfolio.
But I do not make CSE a platform for gambling, panic , quick money and no ethics as investor just because things can go wrong in the short term. Do you thing market is not going to go up again at some point( don;t ask me extactly when as I do not have magic ball). When it will then all these smart alecs will be silent and make use of it.


Just understand there will be cycles in market . Just make use of them wisely. I am not askign anyone with mental issues and panic to buy now as those are people who will blame at the drop of a hat,


I don;t not know what personal issue Rajitha has , as he has/had issues with many in the forum. Many senior members too. I can name so many.

I do not have any peronal issue with him and as I do not know him in person. I only have issues about him being discourteous, rude, suddenly showing up when market is red and trying to be smart and not understanding the difference between short trading , medium / long term investments

16Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
It's very important that professors and pundits should have fights and debates in a public forum. Then the rest of us can stand back and learn something.
Someone being called uncouth, discourteous, rude is a serious insult and it calls for a response.
Due to this SLEF professor on professor violence FUTA might call for another strike.

17Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Kithsiri wrote:Animosities surface with RED ? Shocked

Animosities can be one sided issues as some display.

But even those who does not have animosity in heart is attacked Unjustifiably, by characters who tries to show they know everythign and show superiorty anyone will **** will retaliate . Reasonable arguments are welcome and accepted. Extracting one word from a sentence and using it to their benefit will not be tolerated. Anyone including you will react if so.

It is amazinlg how certain parties make merry when we see some continous red days. I guess more fun is to come if so.



Last edited by slstock on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

18Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Jiggysaurus wrote:It's very important that professors and pundits should have fights and debates in a public forum. Then the rest of us can stand back and learn something.
Someone being called uncouth, discourteous, rude is a serious insult and it calls for a response.
Due to this SLEF professor on professor violence FUTA might call for another strike.

Please do not create unnecessary issues here and feed wild fires. This is a request.


BTW, I do not judge a person by his Degrees or designation. Degrees are piece of paper.

I judge people by their knowledge, their behaviour, their attitudes and their ethics and most importantly their humbleness to listen/comprehend and learn.


Some people without degress are 10 time smarter in a mundane way than some "professors" I have seen. All profession are need to make a society function. Nobody is superior to others in designation in my mind as we all serve a purpose in life. BTW a Professor can be someone who is learned enough in aspects i mentioned but who does not have a degree in my mind.

We are all here to learn. No professors or pundits here.

19Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:02 pm

malanp


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics


There are only two options, red or green.. up or down.

if somebody says market will be down, he is not an exceptional forcaster, just one among 50%.

20Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Whitebull


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:Some people without degress are 10 time smarter in a mundane way than some "professors" I have seen.

I do agree with you.Most of the professors in our country are not creative. They just say what they have been tought.And they do not think.(I am not talking about all the professors...there are few who do some productive things.)

Sometime eventhough they have not got any degree some village folks are very creative.Sometimes it is realy interesting to see how they overcome their problems using local methods.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum