FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hidden side of the RED.....

+24
traderathome
suja
Monster
WildBear
UKboy
bandara 123
ninja
wimalajeewa
D.G.Dayaratne
Backstage
SL.Market
Expert
smallville
kalum
Arena
Whitebull
malanp
Jiggysaurus
Jana1
Slstock
Rajitha
Redbulls
Kithsiri
opfdo
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:33 pm

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics

following questions on my mind, do you ?

1. Are we witnessing badly given credit, now clearing by famous STBs ?
2. Panic selling combined with blue chip profit taking ?
3. .......ppl are collecting by forcelly down the market through force selling, since now they can sell any time.

2Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Isn't this another great opportunity to lessen the average on some of the purchases made in haste ? Very Happy

3Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:58 pm

opfdo

opfdo

Not only that............ neda ?

Kithsiri wrote:Isn't this another great opportunity to lessen the average on some of the purchases made in haste ? Very Happy

4Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics

Market was heading where it should be, as I earlier posted in another thread some times back that some of the HNWI's already off loaded what they wanted to our so called intelligent traders/investors (In my language greddy bast***).
Nothing to worry all these guys will moarn for ever in this forum, because they are gamblers. Thats all.

5Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

opfdo wrote:following questions on my mind, do you ?

3. .......ppl are collecting by forcelly down the market through force selling, since now they can sell any time.

1. no
2.no
3.no

6Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:32 pm

opfdo

opfdo

Ture....

Share your thoughts currently on your mind, you may thinking why it is going down..... share it, then we can get an Idea..... about our mindset...

we badly need to change our thinking..... do not we....otherwise as I said before we can see more red days because of panic.....

Redbulls wrote:Market was heading where it should be, as I earlier posted in another thread some times back that some of the HNWI's already off loaded what they wanted to our so called intelligent traders/investors (In my language greddy bast***).
Nothing to worry all these guys will moarn for ever in this forum, because they are gamblers. Thats all.

7Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

opfdo wrote:Ture....

Share your thoughts currently on your mind, you may thinking why it is going down..... share it, then we can get an Idea..... about our mindset...

we badly need to change our thinking..... do not we....otherwise as I said before we can see more red days because of panic.....

Redbulls wrote:Market was heading where it should be, as I earlier posted in another thread some times back that some of the HNWI's already off loaded what they wanted to our so called intelligent traders/investors (In my language greddy bast***).

Do some proper analyse why it went up,then we'll find the answer why its coming down.

Sorry to say in this forum and those who are doing so called trading in CSE are Gamblers.

AS I said so many times in this forum as well as also Slstock, why we need to worry too much on ASPI?
Concentrate on selected counters, there are still room for bargain hunters.

Plan a Trade, Trade a Plan.

8Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

Redbulls wrote:
Do some proper analyse why it went up,then we'll find the answer why its coming down.

Sorry to say in this forum and those who are doing so called trading in CSE are Gamblers.

AS I said so many times in this forum as well as also Slstock, why we need to worry too much on ASPI?

This is quite funny as I can remember you were one person also stating their are some good counters to buy even when market was over 5.9k! I did not see those kinds of posts back then than to buy intelligently good shares and posts like that. Well I guess next SLstock will also come here and say how he warned people about this down trend, the guy who kept saying people should not panic and sell when market was near 6000 level and going down (even till last week or so).

9Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

Rajitha wrote:
Redbulls wrote:

This is quite funny as I can remember you were one person also stating their are some good counters to buy even when market was over 5.9k! I did not see those kinds of posts back then than to buy intelligently good shares and posts like that. Well I guess next SLstock will also come here and say how he warned people about this down trend, the guy who kept saying people should not panic and sell when market was near 6000 level and going down (even till last week or so).

Still I'm maintaining that argument open, I can challege with anyone and I'm 1000 time correct there are still counters to collect for trading.
Please note if there are greedy pigs around you still you can find good counters.

10Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

@ Rajitha
I know that you got personal grudge with Slstock and others.
I mentioned his name in my argument to retirate the point concerning of ASPI only.

11Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Slstock

Slstock

@ Rajitha:

The ego and personal issues come out again. You simply cannot let go can you?

If you don;t check the forum regulary it is your fault . Suddenly smart alecs like you come
when the market is Red to prove their ego issues.

If I recall you are the one who said before end of Sept market will 5000 and repeated it to sound smart. Did it happen? Was your prediction correct?

Do you understand that martket have cycles? Also unlike you we have ethics as Investors not to abandon ship when things go wrong. And ytes we have 3 different portfolios. Trading is only one of them.

How many times in this forum have I mentioned that market was overbought when RSI was over 90 needed correction. Go check. Do a search before you atleast try show your qualities. When these corrections happen ( manipulated or not) it can go to extremes and overcorrect. Did it not happen before. It went up the same way , to extremes 1000 points within a too short of a time . Some of us expected a correction .

Also, yes still there are very good value share to buy. But not for people like you. This is for people with investment plans and holding power with longer term target goals who does not panic and make rude comments at the drop of a hat when the market turns red.

So if people are short term , panic a lot, talk a lot and worry about optimizing profit , go sell when you want to. I presume you sold you DIMO and ALLI also now though you said they are your long term shares. Who is stopping you. Did I stop you .When I make a comment in a public forum I ofcourse target people who are unlike you have courtesy to Understand. Also I did not think I ahve the power to stop people from selling if they wanted to . WOW.

If you cannot understand the difference between short term, medium term and long term I suggest you keep quiet , follow you statergy and not drag people like me into your confused world. Thanks you.

Rajitha wrote:
Redbulls wrote:

12Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:59 pm

opfdo

opfdo

so Mr.Rajiths.... just no.....whats on your mind.....
I hope you are waiting for the bottom to collect ..........(joke)

Rajitha wrote:
opfdo wrote:following questions on my mind, do you ?

1. no
2.no
3.no

13Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Jana1

I dont know about personal trouble in bet rajithan and slstock. As far as I know slstock was highly bullish on the mkt at uptrend.
Redbulls wrote:@ Rajitha
I mentioned his name in my argument to retirate the point concerning of ASPI only.

14Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Animosities surface with RED ? Shocked

15Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Jana1 wrote:I dont know about personal trouble in bet rajithan and slstock. As far as I know slstock was highly bullish on the mkt at uptrend.
Redbulls wrote:@ Rajitha

I was highly bullish when ASI was around 4800 and made several posts i nthe forum. How many times did I mention it then.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19816-some-thoughts-on-cse-market-situation-at-present
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19939-good-shares-time-to-analyze-and-post-findings-open-invitation-to-all

How many would still have made 20-100% gains if you bought then. Go read. But even now, if one is having patience and investment goals I see bargain shares for the future. Some shares are trading at 1/3 peak values just due to short term issues. These shares will recover in the longer term as they have done for past 10-15 years in the company history. Thanks to uncouth people like some here I decided not to post finding/analysis even with facts now.

Remember that people can have short term, medium term and long term portfolio. if you are short term then you follow you stategy. I do too with my short term portfolio.
But I do not make CSE a platform for gambling, panic , quick money and no ethics as investor just because things can go wrong in the short term. Do you thing market is not going to go up again at some point( don;t ask me extactly when as I do not have magic ball). When it will then all these smart alecs will be silent and make use of it.

Just understand there will be cycles in market . Just make use of them wisely. I am not askign anyone with mental issues and panic to buy now as those are people who will blame at the drop of a hat,

I don;t not know what personal issue Rajitha has , as he has/had issues with many in the forum. Many senior members too. I can name so many.

I do not have any peronal issue with him and as I do not know him in person. I only have issues about him being discourteous, rude, suddenly showing up when market is red and trying to be smart and not understanding the difference between short trading , medium / long term investments

16Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus

It's very important that professors and pundits should have fights and debates in a public forum. Then the rest of us can stand back and learn something.
Someone being called uncouth, discourteous, rude is a serious insult and it calls for a response.
Due to this SLEF professor on professor violence FUTA might call for another strike.

17Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Kithsiri wrote:Animosities surface with RED ? Shocked

Animosities can be one sided issues as some display.

But even those who does not have animosity in heart is attacked Unjustifiably, by characters who tries to show they know everythign and show superiorty anyone will **** will retaliate . Reasonable arguments are welcome and accepted. Extracting one word from a sentence and using it to their benefit will not be tolerated. Anyone including you will react if so.

It is amazinlg how certain parties make merry when we see some continous red days. I guess more fun is to come if so.

Last edited by slstock on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

18Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Jiggysaurus wrote:It's very important that professors and pundits should have fights and debates in a public forum. Then the rest of us can stand back and learn something.
Someone being called uncouth, discourteous, rude is a serious insult and it calls for a response.
Due to this SLEF professor on professor violence FUTA might call for another strike.

Please do not create unnecessary issues here and feed wild fires. This is a request.

BTW, I do not judge a person by his Degrees or designation. Degrees are piece of paper.

I judge people by their knowledge, their behaviour, their attitudes and their ethics and most importantly their humbleness to listen/comprehend and learn.

Some people without degress are 10 time smarter in a mundane way than some "professors" I have seen. All profession are need to make a society function. Nobody is superior to others in designation in my mind as we all serve a purpose in life. BTW a Professor can be someone who is learned enough in aspects i mentioned but who does not have a degree in my mind.

We are all here to learn. No professors or pundits here.

19Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:02 pm

malanp

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

There are only two options, red or green.. up or down.

if somebody says market will be down, he is not an exceptional forcaster, just one among 50%.

20Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Whitebull

slstock wrote:Some people without degress are 10 time smarter in a mundane way than some "professors" I have seen.

I do agree with you.Most of the professors in our country are not creative. They just say what they have been tought.And they do not think.(I am not talking about all the professors...there are few who do some productive things.)

Sometime eventhough they have not got any degree some village folks are very creative.Sometimes it is realy interesting to see how they overcome their problems using local methods.

21Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:58 am

Rajitha

Rajitha

malanp wrote:

if somebody says market will be down, he is not an exceptional forcaster, just one among 50%.

When it becomes 50% * 50% *50% 50% that becomes 6.5% chance of becoming wrong and on the other side of the spectrum for some it is 6.25% chance of being right.

I'm 2 fed up here to post all the time from past these ppl have posted saying ppl to hold on and keep buying financially sound shares at peak values. Go and serach and youu can find at every market down rend and you can find these so called experts saying ppl to not panic and sell but to buy shares!

22Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:23 am

Slstock

Slstock

Some of us are getting fed up with people like you who cannot understand Simple Concepts between short term and long term and always try to highlight their personal strategy as the one and only for all.

Picking only words of part of sentence and using it to their personal benefit is not done. Read the whole post/s and then comment. If one tries to abuse and insult others, atleast have the decency to read the whole context the paragraph and then comment without picking words here and there.

Not everyone here is a short term trader. If you don;t like a post just ignore without thread crapping. Everybody has a right state their views in a decent way.

If CSE becomes a trader heaven like your strategy god help CSE to sustain in down trends. Everybody will sell out at the slightest pin drop and there will be no buyers. Who will but then. Thank goodness there are top 20 holder and Investors with ethics to not desert CSE and companies like changing pillows just because in the short term something goes wrong. When market goes up all these people vanish as they make use of it. Down trend is when they emerge.

But as a retailer one if free to choose their best stategy to suit their mentality. Short term trading , medium/long term investment.

Some of us follow all 3. It is our freedom. Kindly do not come here occasionally when market is Red and try to pick words here and there and show your superiority. Personal issue that you may seem to individually have is not entertained.

we got a taste of you below
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t22325-cdb-share-to-keep-an-eye-on

I have been trying to talk sense to you for years now. PMs, polite requests , nothign works .

When certain seniors really took on to you I even defended you . Then you decided to stay way from the forum to your fancy, Suddenly you come back and tart the same slandeing process. You never learn. You are just the same person who does not respect others views. So I also have lost respect for oyu.

However I do admit that you state logical thigns at times. For those I appreciate.

Rajitha wrote:
malanp wrote:

When it becomes 50% * 50% *50% 50% that becomes 6.5% chance of becoming wrong and on the other side of the spectrum for some it is 6.25% chance of being right.

I'm 2 fed up here to post all the time from past these ppl have posted saying ppl to hold on and keep buying financially sound shares at peak values. Go and serach and youu can find at every market down rend and you can find these so called experts saying ppl to not panic and sell but to buy shares!

23Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:58 am

Rajitha

Rajitha

What people should really get fed up with promoters promoting shares at peak when they can buy the same share more than 50% less if they buy at the right time In this forum long term is all the experts speak a they buy at peak always and for them buying at Rs1000 and selling at rs 1100 after 10 years is a great strategy Very Happy Very Happy :
For them person buying that same stock at Rs 500 and selling at rs 800 in 2 month time are traders with no value Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

24Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:38 am

opfdo

opfdo

I open this tread to understand memebers mind set, but it went in a umexpected path. Because of that I (we) understood one person's mindset. Anyway there are plenty of things to learn from this.
Thank you sls, you have posted great threads in this forum, which helped a lot for us. True you and some are told that the market need a correction since it is overbought. Now it is happening... But it seems it is heading for over correction. Because of panic and may be manipulation.
Sls... Do not worry about those kind of ppl. Keep up the good work you do.
Dear members, one thing I can say, market is heading again to over correction unless happen any strange thing. Therefore do not buy on credit. This is a good lesson for who are trading with lots of credit. If play on credit, go with a control, which you can handle when mrkt turn red.

25Hidden side of the RED..... Empty Re: Hidden side of the RED..... Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:49 am

Arena

@ opfdo

Yep this people are talking nonsense. some dont kw hw to build a good argument with out attacking others. They are very immature. Even cant understand what promotion is. And who the hell think that we can promote a share through this forum. We need big brokers to promote a share. Any way,,,,,,

There are people who said that mkt will never have a bull when ASI was around 4800. They talked nonsense and blamed every body in the forum who wanted to say CSE is undervalued. After having a 1000 points bull run the same fellow again blame every body saying nonsense . I dont wt to do friends. Please dont disturb others and respect every body. This may be the last time i comment on a horrible arguments Like this where people attack.

Tc

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum