FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nawaloka lose 500 million while parents lose thir child ?

+16
gamaya
smallville
Redbulls
Monster
Hanoifortune
wallstreetguy
Whitebull
UKboy
chanvi
timeout
hawklk
zenobia
worthiness
VISA
Slstock
Chinwi
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

VISA

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

just for those who want to know what is asphyxiation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asphyxia

wallstreetguy

Sri lanka should have more legal literacy! People without any knowledge will have to suffer when big corporates and other individuals get away from crime and neglience.

People should be more educated on our legal system so these useless jacks can be sued!

They do have a good case here! They can go for trial and ask for compensation for millions . But the fact is, the life lost.... is lost..... :/

Chinwi

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

රජයේ රෝහලක ඇතිවන සුළු සිද්දියක් වටා නිල මැස්සන් සේ රොක් වී පැයෙන් පැයට සජීවී වාර්තා පුරවන TV නාලිකා ගොළු වත රකිද්දී , පත්තර කාරයන් සිය නිරුවත පෙන්වද්දී , පාරට බහින විවිධ සමිති සංගම් නිදා ගනිද්දී මෙම පුවත අදාල ආයතනයේ නම හෙළිකරමින්ම ආයෝජන සයිට් එකක සඳහන් කල යුතුද , එසේ නම් එය කෙසේ සඳහන් කරන්නේ දැයි ගැටළුවක් විය.

එහිදී හෙඩිම වශයෙන් Nawaloka lose 500 million while parents lose their child ? ලෙස යොදා ගැනුනේ මෙම දරුවාගේ ජීවිතය ජීවිත වටිනාකම එලෙස සම කිරීමට නොවන බව සඳහන් කරමි. මෙම පුවත පැමිණියේ මෙම සිද්ධිය නිසා නවලෝක රෝහලේ ස්කන් යන්තරයට කොටි 50 ක අලාභයක් වූ බවට ඔවුන් ප්‍රකාශ කරන බවට වූ සඳහනත් සමගය.

Hanoifortune

chanvi wrote:Nawaloka = yamaloka
I have very very bad experience. Dont go there even for a Xray.
appreciate if could share with us your bad experience.

Hanoifortune

wallstreetguy wrote:Sri lanka should have more legal literacy! People without any knowledge will have to suffer when big corporates and other individuals get away from crime and neglience.

People should be more educated on our legal system so these useless jacks can be sued!

They do have a good case here! They can go for trial and ask for compensation for millions . But the fact is, the life lost.... is lost..... :/
still,Parents can get the money and gift to a government rural hospital to upgrade a building or machinery under their child's name.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Here is speculative sad scenario that can happen.

What if the hospital owner decide to spend a lot of money trying to Cover this up paying lawyers and other parties huge amounts which otherwise could be given as direct compensation in this poor child's name ( for a good cause to uplift other hospitals) ?

Odds of admitting fault and paying compensation : 1
Odds of trying to cover this up by paying/manipulating "others" : 50

We know given the situation which is the more noble act but ?

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Mother seeks justice

Giving evidence at the inquiry into the death of a five-year-old girl at the Colombo Nawaloka Hospital, the mother today pleaded in Court not to let the investigations into the death of her daughter is covered up by the money power.

The 40-year-old Indumathi Ekanayake a resident of Heiyantuduwa told Colombo Fort Magistrate Kanishka Wijeratne that she was making such a request because similar tragedies could happen to other patients in the future. The Magistrate observed that he would conduct a fair inquiry in accordance with the legal provisions vested in him.

The witness said, on January 31 she brought her daughter to the Nawaloka Hospital in Colombo because she was suffering from minor symptoms similar to a fit. She said it was the first time that the child had suffered from such abnormal behaviour. The mother said the doctor who checked the child recommended three blood tests and to obtain an MRI scan report. The witness said after being anesthetized, her daughter Buddhini Kaushalya Ratnayake was put into the MRI scanning machine and a sound was heard after 30 minutes.

“There were only a doctor and a technician inside the MRI scan room when the incident happened. I heard the doctor shouting that the balloon had exploded and nobody was there to assist him. I pushed off a ward attendant towards the room because there was nobody inside the room to help the doctor. When my daughter was pulled out from the machine, I saw, she had turned blue and the belly had become swollen. Other doctors came there 0nly after eight or ten minutes had lapsed,” the witness said.

“Then they admitted my child to the ICU and put on a vacuum machine when I told them her body was so cold. They were deceiving us for a period of four days. On the fourth day I saw ants entering her nose,” she said.

She said one of the doctors who were in the hospital told her that the death was not due to the fault of hospital management. She further complained to court that although her daughter had died inside the MRI scan machine; the hospital management had concealed this fact and declared that she died four days later.

Meanwhile, the Magistrate observed that officials of the hospital would be summoned to give evidence in connection with the incident on the next hearing date and further magisterial inquiry was fixed for February 18.

Counsel Ravindranath Dabare and Rushanka Samaranayake appeared for the aggrieved party. Counsel Arosha Koggalawellala and Akalanka Ukwatta appeared for Nawaloka Hospital.( Lakmal Sooriyagoda)

Source: http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/25676-mother-seeks-justice-.html

28Nawaloka lose 500 million while parents lose thir child ? - Page 2 Empty Nawaloka denies culpability after 15 days Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

By Crystal Koelmeyer

* Child was not subjected to MRI scan
* She died after a bout of fits

Fifteen days after Buddhini Kaushalya’s death at Nawaloka Hospital, the hospital authorities claim that “child was NOT put into the M.R.I machine. “

Five-year-old Buddhini Kaushalya of Mabima, Kelaniya died at Nawaloka Hospital in Colombo on February 1. It was widely reported that she died while undergoing an MRI scan. The family of Buddhini Kaushalya accused
Nawaloka hospitals PLC of negligence which, they said, led to the child’s death.

In a sudden weekend release (issued on February 15) just before the Sunday news deadlines Nawaloka Hospitals Marketing Manager Sidath Kiriella said the child did not go through the MRI scan and died following a bout of fits.

The hospital therefore states that “the machine was in perfect working order and certainly not blown out/damaged as alleged by certain news reports/publications.”

“The child was alive when taken to the S.I.C.U. In fact, at the S.I.C.U, E.C.G monitoring was done and the Echo study showed a structurally and functionally normal heart. The child had fits at the S.I.C.U as well,” the statement says. It also says that the child was not dead when she was admitted to the S.I.C.U.

The child, according to hospital authorities, was successfully resuscitated due to the prompt action by the skilled team of doctors and emergency personnel. “In the circumstances there was no fault/negligence whatsoever on the part of the Nawaloka Hospital,” the statement says.

Mother shocked by denial
Speaking to ‘The Nation’, Buddhini Kaushalhya’s mother, Chamila Rathnayaka says that she was at the entrance of the MRI scanning room when the child was taken for the MRI scan. (According to hospital regulations, anyone not involved medical process cannot enter the scanning room). Her daughter, she says, was taken into the scanning room at 4.20 pm on 1st of February.

Ten minutes later, she said, she heard the sound of a burst inside the scanning room. “And when the child was taken out of the room her body had turned dark and bloated. She was taken out of the scanning room at around 4.40 pm” she asserted.

The MRI scan was recommended by Dr. deleted Pathirana and the anesthesia prior to the scan was handled by Dr. Ira Seneviratne, the mother stated.

“During the scan, Dr. Seneviratne screamed saying the child did not receive oxygen. I clearly heard that,” she said.

For the first day, the Nawaloka Hospital had charged Rs. 41,000 for treatments. The hospital, according to the mother, had not charged for the MRI scan. “They were not in a position to charge for the MRI scan as the child died inside the scanning room,” Chamila added.

Chamila further added that she was shocked by the statement released by Nawaloka Hospitals PLC.

Nawaloka has this to say...

We are reluctantly compelled to issue this news item in view of the adverse publicity based on incorrect/false facts regarding the death of Buddhini Kaushalya Ratnayake

At the outset, we sympathize with the parents and relations for the loss of the child. However we state without any ambiguity whatsoever that the death of the child is in no way due to the fault/negligence of
the Nawaloka Hospital

A brief summary of the facts would be relevant
1.) The child, Buddhini Kaushalya, suffered from Rett syndrome as revealed by her mother and published in the media. Rett syndrome is a rare genetic disorder which affects the way in which the brain develops. Over time, children with Rett syndrome have increasing problems with movement, coordination and communication that may affect their ability to use their hands, communicate and walk.

2.) As the disease progresses fits are well known to occur

3.) The child had been treated for several years by a leading Consultant Pediatrician for over 2 ½ years. The child has also been treated by a Consultant Pediatric Neurologist

4.) On or about 30thJanuary 2013 the child developed fits and was admitted to Nawaloka Hospital for further investigation under the care of the Consultant Pediatrician

5.) Two consultants requested an M.R.I scan of the child

6.) The child was accordingly taken to the scanning unit

7.) However before the scan child had another bout of fits and suffered from cardiac arrest. The child was never put in to the machine. In fact the machine was never started.

8.) Consultants and Emergency Medical personnel from various disciplines rushed in and were able to resuscitate the child

9.) The child was immediately taken to the S.I.C.U and the child unfortunately passed away whilst at the S.I.C.U
In the circumstances the following facts are extremely clear;
1.) The child was NOT put into the M.R.I machine, the M.R.I had not even been started

2.) Thus the child could not have been injured in any way whatsoever by the M.R.I machine

3.) The M.R.I machine was in perfect working order at all times. All appointments for the M.R.I on that day were in fact carried out

4.) After the child suffered from cardiac arrest and was removed from the M.R.I Unit, M.R.I scans were performed on 13 patients using the very same M.R.I machine.

5.) This clearly demonstrates that the machine was in perfect working order and certainly not blown out/damaged as alleged by certain news reports/publications

6.) Incidentally, the M.R.I machine in question was imported from Germany from Siemens, a leading and reputed firm, at a cost of approximately 300 Million Rupees

7.) The machine is 1 ½ years old and was maintained at all times by the local agent for Siemens

8.) It was in perfect working order

9.) The M.R.I machine is a state of the art machine and is presently one of the best in the world

10.) The child was alive when taken to the S.I.C.U. In fact, at the S.I.C.U, E.C.G monitoring was done and the Echo study showed a structurally and functionally normal heart. The child had fits at the S.I.C.U as well

11.) Thus, clearly, the child was not dead when she was admitted to the S.I.C.U

12.) The child was successfully resuscitated due to the prompt action by the skilled team of doctors and emergency personnel.

13.) In the circumstances there was no fault/negligence whatsoever on the part of the Nawaloka Hospital
We have not commenced legal action for defamation against several publications as at present because we understand that the said publications may have emanated out of sympathy for the child.

However if after the release of this news statement, where the facts as set above clearly show that there was no negligence/fault on our part, there is continued publication of defamatory statements, we will have to conclude that the said publications are malicious and calculated to lower our reputation. In such event we would have to consult legal opinion on instituting action for claiming damages for past publications as well as publications in the future.

We conclude as we began, by offering our sympathy for the loss of the child. However no person should seek to manipulate the situation to distort facts and law to put the blame on us. We are in no way or manner responsible for the loss of the child.

Nawaloka Hospitals has always maintained and will continue to maintain the highest standards in patient treatment and care
http://www.nation.lk/edition/latest-top-stories/item/15907-nawaloka-denies-culpability-after-15-days.html[b]

smallville

smallville

OK... now this is like, "they didnt bring tamarind at all ..." scenario..

lol! at the Nawaloka's mastermind..

RIP little one.. This is the usual (expected) jilmarts of greedy sons of a reputed father. Situation would've been better if late Mr. Dharmadasa Sr was alive I think.

The loss can never be replaced.

My condolences to the family for their loss..

gamaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Is there any occasion in Sri Lankan Medical history where the hospital/or doctor/nurse had admitted the mistake and paid compensation.

There has been none.and there will be none for the foreseeable future. Every thing is covered up. Bed head reports are cooked up. All evidence vanish. There may be bit of activity when its hot news. But eventually no justice happens.

Just wait and see if any justice happens to the negligence of Matara Hospital staff for the law students case.

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Redbulls wrote:By Crystal Koelmeyer

* Child was not subjected to MRI scan
* She died after a bout of fits

Fifteen days after Buddhini Kaushalya’s death at Nawaloka Hospital, the hospital authorities claim that “child was NOT put into the M.R.I machine. “

Five-year-old Buddhini Kaushalya of Mabima, Kelaniya died at Nawaloka Hospital in Colombo on February 1. It was widely reported that she died while undergoing an MRI scan. The family of Buddhini Kaushalya accused
Nawaloka hospitals PLC of negligence which, they said, led to the child’s death.

In a sudden weekend release (issued on February 15) just before the Sunday news deadlines Nawaloka Hospitals Marketing Manager Sidath Kiriella said the child did not go through the MRI scan and died following a bout of fits.

The hospital therefore states that “the machine was in perfect working order and certainly not blown out/damaged as alleged by certain news reports/publications.”

“The child was alive when taken to the S.I.C.U. In fact, at the S.I.C.U, E.C.G monitoring was done and the Echo study showed a structurally and functionally normal heart. The child had fits at the S.I.C.U as well,” the statement says. It also says that the child was not dead when she was admitted to the S.I.C.U.

The child, according to hospital authorities, was successfully resuscitated due to the prompt action by the skilled team of doctors and emergency personnel. “In the circumstances there was no fault/negligence whatsoever on the part of the Nawaloka Hospital,” the statement says.

Mother shocked by denial
Speaking to ‘The Nation’, Buddhini Kaushalhya’s mother, Chamila Rathnayaka says that she was at the entrance of the MRI scanning room when the child was taken for the MRI scan. (According to hospital regulations, anyone not involved medical process cannot enter the scanning room). Her daughter, she says, was taken into the scanning room at 4.20 pm on 1st of February.

Ten minutes later, she said, she heard the sound of a burst inside the scanning room. “And when the child was taken out of the room her body had turned dark and bloated. She was taken out of the scanning room at around 4.40 pm” she asserted.

The MRI scan was recommended by Dr. deleted Pathirana and the anesthesia prior to the scan was handled by Dr. Ira Seneviratne, the mother stated.

“During the scan, Dr. Seneviratne screamed saying the child did not receive oxygen. I clearly heard that,” she said.

For the first day, the Nawaloka Hospital had charged Rs. 41,000 for treatments. The hospital, according to the mother, had not charged for the MRI scan. “They were not in a position to charge for the MRI scan as the child died inside the scanning room,” Chamila added.

Chamila further added that she was shocked by the statement released by Nawaloka Hospitals PLC.

Nawaloka has this to say...

We are reluctantly compelled to issue this news item in view of the adverse publicity based on incorrect/false facts regarding the death of Buddhini Kaushalya Ratnayake

At the outset, we sympathize with the parents and relations for the loss of the child. However we state without any ambiguity whatsoever that the death of the child is in no way due to the fault/negligence of
the Nawaloka Hospital

A brief summary of the facts would be relevant
1.) The child, Buddhini Kaushalya, suffered from Rett syndrome as revealed by her mother and published in the media. Rett syndrome is a rare genetic disorder which affects the way in which the brain develops. Over time, children with Rett syndrome have increasing problems with movement, coordination and communication that may affect their ability to use their hands, communicate and walk.

2.) As the disease progresses fits are well known to occur

3.) The child had been treated for several years by a leading Consultant Pediatrician for over 2 ½ years. The child has also been treated by a Consultant Pediatric Neurologist

4.) On or about 30thJanuary 2013 the child developed fits and was admitted to Nawaloka Hospital for further investigation under the care of the Consultant Pediatrician

5.) Two consultants requested an M.R.I scan of the child

6.) The child was accordingly taken to the scanning unit

7.) However before the scan child had another bout of fits and suffered from cardiac arrest. The child was never put in to the machine. In fact the machine was never started.

8.) Consultants and Emergency Medical personnel from various disciplines rushed in and were able to resuscitate the child

9.) The child was immediately taken to the S.I.C.U and the child unfortunately passed away whilst at the S.I.C.U
In the circumstances the following facts are extremely clear;
1.) The child was NOT put into the M.R.I machine, the M.R.I had not even been started

2.) Thus the child could not have been injured in any way whatsoever by the M.R.I machine

3.) The M.R.I machine was in perfect working order at all times. All appointments for the M.R.I on that day were in fact carried out

4.) After the child suffered from cardiac arrest and was removed from the M.R.I Unit, M.R.I scans were performed on 13 patients using the very same M.R.I machine.

5.) This clearly demonstrates that the machine was in perfect working order and certainly not blown out/damaged as alleged by certain news reports/publications

6.) Incidentally, the M.R.I machine in question was imported from Germany from Siemens, a leading and reputed firm, at a cost of approximately 300 Million Rupees

7.) The machine is 1 ½ years old and was maintained at all times by the local agent for Siemens

8.) It was in perfect working order

9.) The M.R.I machine is a state of the art machine and is presently one of the best in the world

10.) The child was alive when taken to the S.I.C.U. In fact, at the S.I.C.U, E.C.G monitoring was done and the Echo study showed a structurally and functionally normal heart. The child had fits at the S.I.C.U as well

11.) Thus, clearly, the child was not dead when she was admitted to the S.I.C.U

12.) The child was successfully resuscitated due to the prompt action by the skilled team of doctors and emergency personnel.

13.) In the circumstances there was no fault/negligence whatsoever on the part of the Nawaloka Hospital
We have not commenced legal action for defamation against several publications as at present because we understand that the said publications may have emanated out of sympathy for the child.

However if after the release of this news statement, where the facts as set above clearly show that there was no negligence/fault on our part, there is continued publication of defamatory statements, we will have to conclude that the said publications are malicious and calculated to lower our reputation. In such event we would have to consult legal opinion on instituting action for claiming damages for past publications as well as publications in the future.

We conclude as we began, by offering our sympathy for the loss of the child. However no person should seek to manipulate the situation to distort facts and law to put the blame on us. We are in no way or manner responsible for the loss of the child.

Nawaloka Hospitals has always maintained and will continue to maintain the highest standards in patient treatment and care
http://www.nation.lk/edition/latest-top-stories/item/15907-nawaloka-denies-culpability-after-15-days.html[b]

Matanam nikam pissu wage Razz

jonny

jonny

How did this Nawaloka got Sri lanka quality standard (SLS)..Pagawa deelada danne ne.. Evil or Very Mad

Chinwi

Chinwi

If they clearly prove this with the records, specially if the particular machine was used to scan the other patients after 4.30 p.m. then we have to accept their statement.

We can not trust local media personnel whatsoever. Even the newspapers produce nothing more than gossip sites. Initial news said, the angry relatives attacked and the 500 million machine was destroyed !.

The coconut theft case of a school going innocent child is very similar to this. Now they say she is a well known "horakame yana kella" of that area.

Slstock

Slstock

If this statement is correct and to prove it beyond doubt, all 13 people who underwent MRI needs to testify under oath to get written proof along with valid provable documentation of bills etc This is a serious matter where lot of manipulation can be made by mainly the hospital and a possibly by the party in distress. ( yes I still side with victims until they are proven wrong as a death is a death)

Chinwi wrote:

If they clearly prove this with the records, specially if the particular machine was used to scan the other patients after 4.30 p.m. then we have to accept their statement.

We can not trust local media personnel whatsoever. Even the newspapers produce nothing more than gossip sites. Initial news said, the angry relatives attacked and the 500 million machine was destroyed !.

The coconut theft case of a school going innocent child is very similar to this. Now they say she is a well known "horakame yana kella" of that area.

Gaja

If am not mistaken, today is court hearing of this case

Whitebull

What is the immediate cause of the death of the child ? According to CJMO report it is asphyxiation.

37Nawaloka lose 500 million while parents lose thir child ? - Page 2 Empty Are private hospitals holy cows? Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

By The Nation

A little child, Buddhini Kaushalya Ratnayake (5) died under strange circumstances at the Nawaloka Hospital. The child was admitted to hospital on January 31. The child’s parents blame hospital authorities and allude to malfunctioning equipment. The hospital claims the child died of natural causes stemming from her illness.

The story broke out around February 7 after the parents lodged a complaint with the Police (on the 6th). They claim that the hospital authorities misled them regarding the condition of the child. The further allege that the version presented by Nawaloka has not been consistent. It is pertinent that the parents were not allowed to see their child for 4 or 5 days.

The Nawaloka statement does not state the time and date of death. Neither does it say anything about the parents being allowed to see their child. This is strange, particularly considering the damage to reputation that any vagueness in statement can cause given the wide publicity the incident has received in the media.

Nawaloka claims, ‘We are reluctantly compelled to issue this news item in view of the adverse publicity based on incorrect/false facts regarding the death of Buddhini Kaushalya Ratnayake’. Nawaloka can then, legitimately, claim that delay in responding was ‘out of sympathy and concern for loved ones of the child in their time of grief’. Such corporate sensitivity is rare to the point of disbelief, however.
We can give Nawaloka the benefit of the doubt on this issue. The claims of all parties concerned, parents, doctors, nurses etc., however, must be verified and will be verified in court. Sensitivities, grief and such will be bested by reason, one must hope.
What is pertinent here is the tendency of media to name and shame state institutions and employees at the first hint of error and an equal aversion to name (forget shame) corporate entities (especially prominent ones) when wrongdoing is suspected. Everyone knew the child’s name but there was only mention of ‘a private hospital’. A good example would be the recent case where a law student was the victim of a medical misadventure. The Government hospital was named. Doctors were named. The entire state health sector was drawn over the media coals, so to speak.

No hospital is perfect. All doctors (like all professionals) make mistakes. People do leave room for error. On the other hand, if we were to scan the news pages of the past 10 years, we might very well conclude that private hospitals are perfect, that the patients who seek relief in them are treated by angels and if they do not recover it is because they came too late for medical teams to save them.

Nawaloka Hospital has given its version of events related to the death of little Buddhini Kaushalya Ratnayake. Nawaloka Hospital can take a second step. The hospital authorities can submit themselves to a comprehensive investigation regarding all pertinent factors associated with this case, including the status of relevant equipment and the testimony of all attending medical staff.
As for the media (us included of course), it is time we acknowledge our errors, flaws and irresponsibility and strive to do be less selective, in both praise and blame.
http://www.nation.lk/edition/editorial/item/15905-are-private-hospitals-holy-cows?.html

econ

econ
Global Moderator

IMHO, Nawaloka is the worst private hospital

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum