FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» Sri Lanka gets emergency China loan as rupee hits record low
by CHRONICLE™ Today at 9:42 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by abey Today at 6:14 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Mr. X Today at 4:55 pm

» LOLC Share Price
by EGG Today at 4:28 pm

» ELPL & WATA
by High-flyer Today at 2:29 pm

» VPEL high return share
by Eranga87 Today at 2:25 pm

» Import Restrictions and True State of Local Tile Manufacturers
by EquityChamp Today at 2:17 pm

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by vikiperera Today at 12:43 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by stockchaser Today at 12:04 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Today at 10:58 am

» Crypto , Digital Currency Trading , Forex
by Kevinmikegrit Today at 9:40 am

» Day Traders must gradually start accumulating a well diversified portfolio of stocks which are cash generative. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» Is 12th a holiday CSE
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 10:46 am

» Kelani TYRES
by shan31 Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:07 pm

» VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000)
by shan31 Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:54 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by shan31 Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:34 pm

» South Asia’s first Disneyland to come up in Sri Lanka
by samaritan Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:42 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:53 pm

» TALAWAKELLE TEA ESTATES PLC (TPL.N0000)
by lakymahesh Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:20 pm

» Sri Lanka bans palm oil imports, tells producers to uproot plantations
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:22 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » What is happening to CDB share price?

What is happening to CDB share price?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:35 am

dudi


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
good advice, Roshana.from now on I am not going to trust any broker .nevertheless,you seem to be honest

22What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:05 am

rainmaker


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Bad advice .... trust you broker's research manager. They are well educated honest fellows who earn a pittance for their hard work

Also experts on the forum are smarter than you think.....

23What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty re cdb Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:04 pm

malan100


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Jana1 wrote:Compared to 2011 and 2012 performance CDB is not doing well and there is a enough risk in future as its major exposure to vehicle leasing. Vehicle importers are being slaughted right now whilst  leasing companies are in the menu within 2 years as leasing were given for 4 years, if government keeps their tax high.. Still that is good value counter but no big retailers wanna take risk as it has very high no of shares in ESOP, and also ceylinco group...I also have this share so long, it seems the opportunity cost is very high even bought at reasonable price...


2012 cdb has given 1rupee, and 2011 2rupees. in 2013 they have given 2.75rs per share as a divident. so please some one explain whether cdb doing well or doing bad compare to 2011 and 2012. im confuse. need experts advice.

24What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:50 pm

dudi


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
don't know what to do now.rainmaker says brokers can be trusted.roshana says don't trust them. I am confused.who can help me?

25What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:30 pm

pathfinder


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@dudi wrote:don't know what to do now.rainmaker says brokers can be trusted.roshana says don't trust them. I am confused.who can help me?

Don't trust anyone,try to learn,this forum gives plenty of learning materials.go through those and get the wisdom,have faith on it.

Ultimately it's you and your money!

26What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:45 pm

dudi


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
That's why I joined this forum. to learn and be knowledgeble before I invest in shares.already i have gathered valuable info thanks to some of the members who share their views and opinions

27What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:28 pm

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
as I know......
in this forum and/or broker or anyone else...
who says thing about shares..... belong to following four categories....

1. purposefully saying things wrongly or incorrectly for benefits of personal gains...
2. unknowingly [they believe it as truth] saying things wrongly or incorrectly for benefits of personal gains...
3. purposefully saying things correctly for benefits of personal gains...or not [what they said may not be happened though the facts they said is true]
4. purposefully saying things correctly for benefits of personal gains...or not [what they said comes true closely or as it is..]

but we are so thankful and happy only when...... if thing said is become true... no matter the said person belong to which of the above four category.....

but i feel like people belong to category one is the most dangerous...... and not NICE!

but no matter what, it is our ownself ... should take care at least up to possible/capable home work level to understand and test what others said... and then if test at least close to pass mark then act on.....

coz mostly many says what others saidto them...while few says what they come out by their own self after bit of analysis/studies....

but both these groups can go wrong...
coz its a CSE - a LADY! Wink  control by many MEN! Laughing Laughing



Last edited by KDDND on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : english correction)

28What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:22 pm

roshana7549


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@rainmaker wrote:Bad advice .... trust you broker's research manager. They are well educated honest fellows who earn a pittance for their hard work

Also experts on the forum are smarter than you think.....

I repeat, when it comes to money never trust anyone except for your parents, parents are the only people in this world who do anything without expecting a return.
How can I trust my broker when they recommend jkh as their key buys at the price of 285.......pls refer Asia capital weekly report.
I don't blame them since they 're humans and humans make mistakes, and what they do is a job, we can not expect the same passion that we have on our investment from them.....therefore simply I don't trust them, but listen to them
Since this is your hard earned money, don't trust them but listen to make informed decisions.....

Pls read Kalama suthra ............





29What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:38 pm

dudi


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Roshana now I know that your broker is Asia Capital. I'll never go to Asia Capital.how about reading kama suthra roshana?

30What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@KDDND wrote:as I know......
in this forum and/or broker or anyone else...
who says thing about shares..... belong to following four categories....

1. purposefully saying things wrongly or incorrectly for benefits of personal gains...
2. unknowingly [they believe it as truth] saying things wrongly or incorrectly for benefits of personal gains...
3. purposefully saying things correctly for benefits of personal gains...or not [what they said may not be happened though the facts they said is true]
4. purposefully saying things correctly for benefits of personal gains...or not [what they said comes true closely or as it is..]

but we are so thankful and happy only when...... if thing said is become true... no matter the said person belong to which of the above four category.....

but i feel like people belong to category one is the most dangerous...... and not NICE!

but no matter what, it is our ownself ... should take care at least up to possible/capable home work level to understand and test what others said... and then if test at least close to pass mark then act on.....

coz mostly many says what others saidto them...while few says what they come out by their own self after bit of analysis/studies....

but both these groups can go wrong...
coz its a CSE - a LADY! Wink  control by many MEN! Laughing Laughing

How about people posting for no personal gain but for entertainment and to make fun of the above 4?!

31What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:34 pm

roshana7549


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@dudi wrote:Roshana now I know that your broker is Asia Capital. I'll never go to Asia Capital.how about reading kama suthra roshana?
It s not a problem with the Asia capital, what i meant was don't trust your broker but take their advises as ideas not as final decisions.
Please read the Kalama suthra which is available on internet.......essence of the kalama suthra was published by one gentlemen in this forum sometime ago....it is about being rational and not just merely imitating something for the sake of doing.

32What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:11 pm

dudi


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
u r a real asset to this forum roshana.u must stay in this forum as long as possible

33What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:01 am

sharekhan

sharekhan
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Kama Sutra

34What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:52 am

dudi


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Sharekhan what do you mean? is it a name of a particular stock?

35What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:42 am

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Rajitha wrote:
@KDDND wrote:as I know......
in this forum and/or broker or anyone else...
who says thing about shares..... belong to following four categories....

1. purposefully saying things wrongly or incorrectly for benefits of personal gains...
2. unknowingly [they believe it as truth] saying things wrongly or incorrectly for benefits of personal gains...
3. purposefully saying things correctly for benefits of personal gains...or not [what they said may not be happened though the facts they said is true]
4. purposefully saying things correctly for benefits of personal gains...or not [what they said comes true closely or as it is..]

but we are so thankful and happy only when...... if thing said is become true... no matter the said person belong to which of the above four category.....

but i feel like people belong to category one is the most dangerous...... and not NICE!

but no matter what, it is our ownself ... should take care at least up to possible/capable home work level to understand and test what others said... and then if test at least close to pass mark then act on.....

coz mostly many says what others saidto them...while few says what they come out by their own self after bit of analysis/studies....

but both these groups can go wrong...
coz its a CSE - a LADY! Wink  control by many MEN! Laughing Laughing

How about people posting for no personal gain but for entertainment and to make fun of the above 4?!


Hi Rajitha!
Thx for comment.... I respect n appreciate your words.....

i just focus my saying ...about shares.....

"KDDND wrote:as I know......
in this forum and/or broker or anyone else...
who says thing about shares..... belong to following four categories..............."
Wink Wink Wink 

but i know there are links in this forum about entertainments too...... i also enjoyed them .......Laughing 
Thx! GL!



Last edited by KDDND on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : content change)

36What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:29 am

dudi


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
let's be precise and focused on what is happening to the CDB share price.other bla,bla,bla is not so relevant at this point of time.

37What is happening to CDB share price? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening to CDB share price? Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:31 am

dudi


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
let's be precise and focused on what is happening to the CDB share price.other bla,bla,bla is not so relevant at this point of time.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum