FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CSD - The hidden gem

+16
Backstage
Chinwi
pathfinder
RANGANA PERERA
smallville
dudi
WildBear
stockup&down
econ
Redbulls
stocks hunter
Jana1
malanp
rainmaker
Hawk Eye
Balanced_Views
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:34 pm

anges

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

you guys should be lecture's not traders ! you will find more success in lecturing ! good luck

52CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:44 am

Balanced_Views

anges wrote:you guys should be lecture's not traders ! you will find more success in lecturing ! good luck

Yes - CSD is a great share using any kind of analysis!

53CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:54 am

malanp

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

anges wrote:you guys should be lecture's not traders ! you will find more success in lecturing ! good luck

Good traders busy with trading while bad traders busy with writings.

54CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:16 pm

Balanced_Views

malanp wrote:

Good traders busy with trading while bad traders  busy with writings.

I agree - some try to keep CSD down so they can collect

But CSD will reach 13 in a few months

55CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:09 pm

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Hmmm Hmmm...

Some ppl have only 1 view for their shares.. Despite we talk of possible issues, yet they fail to understand the reality.. They see only shiny clouds..

My hint - When u deal with shares, its better to look at the companies that  have competitive advantages that others hardly can match..

I'll write something abt this..

BTW.. 'nuff said.. U guys gave me a good idea for trading...  cheers 
Have a nice time catching CSD

56CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:06 pm

pathfinder

pathfinder

smallville wrote:Hmmm Hmmm...

Some ppl have only 1 view for their shares.. Despite we talk of possible issues, yet they fail to understand the reality.. They see only shiny clouds..
Exactly, Later crying in the forum by saying....
why my shares not going up ........
what should I do know

typical tunnel vision afro 

57CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:25 am

Balanced_Views

pathfinder wrote:
smallville wrote:Hmmm Hmmm...

Exactly, Later crying in the forum by saying....
why my shares not going up ........
what should I do know

typical tunnel vision afro 

I gave you good reasons to buy it - stable well run company with a NAV of 28 trading at 10 with good future growth potential. No reason not to buy it. In my opinion a BUY.

People should do their own research.

58CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:22 pm

smallville

smallville

Balanced_Views wrote:
I gave you good reasons to buy it - stable well run company with a NAV of 28 trading at 10 with good future growth potential. No reason not to buy it. In my opinion a BUY.

Yes ppl should do their own work before entering but dont u think ur reasons are too biased?

I also did some research sometime back and shared in research section.. But looking back I cannot find much evidence to support a BUY decision other than if this is technically feasible to buy (I've not checked though)

Why should a company with a NAV of 28 is not going up despite all ur POSITIVE ONLY facts???

Just think a minute who we're trying to fool here..

59CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Balanced_Views

smallville wrote:
Balanced_Views wrote:

Yes ppl should do their own work before entering but dont u think ur reasons are too biased?

I also did some research sometime back and shared in research section.. But looking back I cannot find much evidence to support a BUY decision other than if this is technically feasible to buy (I've not checked though)

Why should a company with a NAV of 28 is not going up despite all ur POSITIVE ONLY facts???

Just think a minute who we're trying to fool here..

Yes but no one has pointed out any negative reasons based on facts - if they do, I would appreciate it very much since that would make it a healthy debate

60CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 pm

chat1028

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

This is a real gem. if you have just hold it for few weeks. this would reach to 14 level by this August since this is massively undervalue.

61CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:45 am

Balanced_Views

chat1028 wrote:This is a real gem. if you have just hold it for few weeks. this would reach to 14 level by this August since this is massively undervalue.

I agree. No one has any proper negative thing to say about this share. Its a brilliant share. I agree - 14 (40% growth)

62CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:02 pm

pathfinder

pathfinder

Balanced_Views wrote:
I agree. No one has any proper negative thing to say about this share.

If you have a "balanced views",you could have seen what I said earlier Evil or Very Mad 

63CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:47 pm

Balanced_Views

pathfinder wrote:
Balanced_Views wrote:
I agree. No one has any proper negative thing to say about this share.

If you have a "balanced views",you could have seen what I said earlier Evil or Very Mad 

I said "proper negative things". PROPER. It must be based on facts. Anyone can say a negative thing about any share but you must back it up with facts the same way I have provided facts on why it is a good share!

64CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:05 pm

pathfinder

pathfinder

Balanced_Views wrote:
I said "proper negative things". PROPER. It must be based on facts. Anyone can say a negative thing about any share but you must back it up with facts the same way I have provided facts on why it is a good share!
What is improper EPS,PE or NAVPS Mad 

65CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:21 pm

smallville

smallville

Balanced_Views wrote:

Yes but no one has pointed out any negative reasons based on facts - if they do, I would appreciate it very much since that would make it a healthy debate

Really??? u dint see this comment.. I told u ne, dont get urself blind folded..

smallville wrote:
Ohh.. I'm not saying Balanced_Views is from CT... Nor this CSD is a bad share.. In fact CSD is good but not a GEM.. THey dont have much to talk about as revenue generators or multipliers in coming years so that investors rally on this.. Only thing is its trading at more than half its NAV.. I thought this as an advantage earlier but I guess since they cannot make their income increase in big portions, its justifiable.. May be that's why Mr. D Perera is also silent..

Mate, in above quote, I implied that generating more and more income is difficult due to rentals cannot be increased in that manner..

If u dont understand this, then there's no point in having a further discussion of a GEM.

As I said many times, trading opportunities are there with many shares.. In few months time, this can even hit 13-14 levels but there's no valid reason it to be based on NAV or EPS.
U cannot be possibly thinking that CSD can announce they increase rentals every quarter just to show their profits are increasing, can u?

66CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:41 pm

chat1028

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Dear Admin
This is what i feel on your comment
You said that Rental can not be increased every quarter.
As the same way any company can not increase their products & services price every quarter.
If your point is correct it should be related to every company.
Thanks

67CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:27 am

Balanced_Views

smallville wrote:
Balanced_Views wrote:

Really??? u dint see this comment.. I told u ne, dont get urself blind folded..

smallville wrote:
Ohh.. I'm not saying Balanced_Views is from CT... Nor this CSD is a bad share.. In fact CSD is good but not a GEM.. THey dont have much to talk about as revenue generators or multipliers in coming years so that investors rally on this.. Only thing is its trading at more than half its NAV.. I thought this as an advantage earlier but I guess since they cannot make their income increase in big portions, its justifiable.. May be that's why Mr. D Perera is also silent..

Mate, in above quote, I implied that generating more and more income is difficult due to rentals cannot be increased in that manner..

If u dont understand this, then there's no point in having a further discussion of a GEM.

As I said many times, trading opportunities are there with many shares.. In few months time, this can even hit 13-14 levels but there's no valid reason it to be based on NAV or EPS.
U cannot be possibly thinking that CSD can announce they increase rentals every quarter just to show their profits are increasing, can u?

But they are hoping to increase rentals due to refurbishments next quarter! And once they finish the office building in Union Place - of course rentals will go up! Esp since they wont be renting it to their parent company

68CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:37 pm

smallville

smallville

chat1028 wrote:Dear Admin
This is what i feel on your comment
You said that Rental can not be increased every quarter.
As the same way any company can not increase their products & services price every quarter.
If your point is correct it should be related to every company.
Thanks

Of course its related to every company... But there are ways companies can increase Qtr-Qtr results as well..

Cant companies increase/decrease the production too??
Cant companies make use of their investments/short term cash and generate some other income?
Cant companies think of product diversification or innovations and bring new products to the market?
Cant companies seek for new markets??

rabbit 

With CSD we can talk about rentals over and over.. See.. its again rentals when refurbishments happen and new office buildings come up..
If they have lands and if they sell those, revenues may go up too.. Then again that's a one-off which an investor would not think of..

Ohhh.. I'm tired of talking about rentals dudes.. Can u guys come up with some other ideas pls...

69CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:48 am

Balanced_Views

Balanced_Views wrote:My reasons for selecting CSD as one of the best shares in the CSE:

- Debt-Equity ratio is an excellent 0.1%

- An outstanding Price to Book value of 0.34

- A 50+ perch land at Union Place to be included in CSD’s portfolio and the construction of a 10 storey office complex on said land

- Additions: CSD is hoping to come up with extra value additions to their existing Seylan Tower premises

- Income increase: Rentals expected to go up after refurbishments

- Electricity cost reduction program: CSD has tied up with Access Solar Systems for bringing up innovative solar energy system in order to reduce electricity consumption of Seylan Towers by approx 30%.

- Absolutely no connection to the former regime - Kotelawala etc have nothing to do with this company - new shareholders and directors.

- 2 largest shareholders (other than the Bank) are JB Cocoshell and Dhammika Perera: two intelligent investors.

All Time High: 23.90
Current Price: Rs 10 (with a NAV of almost 29 - under-valued)
Target Price within 12 months*: Rs 14 (40% growth)

Disclaimer: please do your own research before making a decision. I am only stating my opinion. Dont let people tell you what to buy/sell - do your own analysis. I am not giving advice or making a recommendation - just stating my personal opinion based on facts. Thank You.

*Given that market conditions remain stable

This is THE stock to BUY right now. These levels are excellent. If you want 35% growth in three months, BUY

70CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:28 am

smallville

smallville

Balanced_Views wrote:
This is THE stock to BUY right now. These levels are excellent. If you want 35% growth in three months, BUY

Ok.. Are u lost buying high???? Now ur promoting this rather than answering my questions..

Would like to encourage you to re-asses ur research with balanced facts rather than asking others to buy... Last warning if ur damn adamant to understand simple things..

71CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 am

Humble

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Balanced_Views wrote:
Balanced_Views wrote:My reasons for selecting CSD as one of the best shares in the CSE:

- Debt-Equity ratio is an excellent 0.1%

- An outstanding Price to Book value of 0.34

- A 50+ perch land at Union Place to be included in CSD’s portfolio and the construction of a 10 storey office complex on said land

- Additions: CSD is hoping to come up with extra value additions to their existing Seylan Tower premises

- Income increase: Rentals expected to go up after refurbishments

- Electricity cost reduction program: CSD has tied up with Access Solar Systems for bringing up innovative solar energy system in order to reduce electricity consumption of Seylan Towers by approx 30%.

- Absolutely no connection to the former regime - Kotelawala etc have nothing to do with this company - new shareholders and directors.

- 2 largest shareholders (other than the Bank) are JB Cocoshell and Dhammika Perera: two intelligent investors.

All Time High: 23.90
Current Price: Rs 10 (with a NAV of almost 29 - under-valued)
Target Price within 12 months*: Rs 14 (40% growth)

Disclaimer: please do your own research before making a decision. I am only stating my opinion. Dont let people tell you what to buy/sell - do your own analysis. I am not giving advice or making a recommendation - just stating my personal opinion based on facts. Thank You.

*Given that market conditions remain stable

Yeah - great share.

72CSD - The hidden gem - Page 3 Empty Re: CSD - The hidden gem Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Jana1

smallville wrote:
Balanced_Views wrote:

Ok.. Are u lost buying high???? Now ur promoting this rather than answering my questions..

Would like to encourage you to re-asses ur research with balanced facts rather than asking others to buy... Last warning if ur damn adamant to understand simple things..

His intention was obviously visible from his first message. I think we inadvertently increase the no of post for useless thread. Yes, CSD is having good asset base- revaluation,  with less cash flow, and could make small rally to 13-13.5. It will be a gem if it stops feeding its parents. Until that it is not gem....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum