FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 9:31 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interim Financial Statement - HOPL

+10
kam2011
mark
Rajitha
innam
milanka
warren buff
tubal
SS
smallville
tkc
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 5:49 pm

tkc

tkc
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/709_1304683137.pdf

2Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 6:21 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

The first plantation result is out.. Now we're seeing the plantation profits for real..
EPS of 13.03 and 244% increased compared to last year..

Good revenue from Tea & Rubber and Tea being the primary source of income.. But Rubber has made the gross profit margin higher..

Lets see the others Wink

3Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 6:23 pm

tkc

tkc

smallville wrote:The first plantation result is out.. Now we're seeing the plantation profits for real..

Good revenue from Tea & Rubber and Tea being the primary source of income.. But Rubber has made the gross profit margin higher..

Lets see the others Wink
Yes really good result...That is why I posted this pdf...Bt I don't have any plantation stock at the moment... Rolling Eyes

4Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 6:45 pm

SS

SS
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

What will be the impact of Wage hike on HOPL. By the way what is the current status of it.

Question

5Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 6:48 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Good results indeed (the second infact the first was TPL), but like I said in that TPL thread and also repeated by cse.alpha in an unrelated thread, this is the last quarter we are seeing good results from plantations. Both rubber prices and tea prices are steadily declining.

6Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 6:52 pm

warren buff

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I think the wage hike issue is already factored into most Plantation share prices,hence trading at low PE multiples: Rubber and Palm Oil are less labour intensive anyway.

7Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 7:14 pm

milanka

milanka

Kindly refer these 2 news items .

1. Global Tyre production is increasing and hence more demand for NR . http://print.dailymirror.lk/business/127-local/43056.html

2. Due the High rainfall in Thailand and Malaysia the NR production is dropping. Production forecasts reduced.

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/global-natural-rubber-output-estimates-cut/434198/

If above 1 and 2 is correct then the NR price must move up unless there is some other issue blocking the price upward movement.

Correct me if I missed some thing in-between.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

8Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 7:28 pm

innam

innam
Manager - Equity Analytics

milanka wrote:Kindly refer these 2 news items .

1. Global Tyre production is increasing and hence more demand for NR . http://print.dailymirror.lk/business/127-local/43056.html

2. Due the High rainfall in Thailand and Malaysia the NR production is dropping. Production forecasts reduced.

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/global-natural-rubber-output-estimates-cut/434198/

If above 1 and 2 is correct then the NR price must move up unless there is some other issue blocking the price upward movement.

One in-between thing that you've missed is yesterday's oil price collapse
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/commodities/8497774/Oil-price-extends-sharp-falls-on-growth-fears.html

when oil falls, synthetic rubber prices fall and since it is a substitute for NR in certain industries NR prices can face downward pressure. NR prices will also be hurt if global economic growth slows

of course you can never accurately predict commodity prices so who knows what will happen next week.....

9Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 7:34 pm

tubal

innam wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/commodities/8497774/Oil-price-extends-sharp-falls-on-growth-fears.html

when oil falls, synthetic rubber prices fall and since it is a substitute for NR in certain industries NR prices can face downward pressure. NR prices will also be hurt if global economic growth slows

of course you can never accurately predict commodity prices so who knows what will happen next week.....

Thanks innam, I had actually just hit the send button when the system notified me of your post. Your have said what I have to and done it much better but i will add my 2 cents anyway:

Kindly refer these news items: Sri Lanka Tea Prices Fall: http://lbo.lk/fullstory.php?nid=92285926

And this more recent link on the business-standard.com which contradicts their previous article linked to by milanka. http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/natural-rubber-prices-dip-17-inweekimproved-supplies/434598/

And this link about global commodity prices falling. Crude price drop is bad news for rubber:
http://www.newstatesman.com/economy/2011/05/crude-consecutive-prices-drop

Please also note that rubber prices started declining before the Japanese tsunami, what was seen in recent weeks is temporary uptrend. This is pretty much like how people were saying in the second week of october that the share prices will keep on going up.

10Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 8:17 pm

milanka

milanka

Thanks both of you ( innam and tabul ) for the comprehensive analysis and highlighting what I missed in-between. Helped a lot identifying in complete business cycle not just the demand and supply but also the related areas too.

11Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

tubal wrote:Good results indeed (the second infact the first was TPL), but like I said in that TPL thread and also repeated by cse.alpha in an unrelated thread, this is the last quarter we are seeing good results from plantations. Both rubber prices and tea prices are steadily declining.

Please don't post crap without any research mate! I respect you but you just posting stuff with no base! These are the 3 last rubber auction prices! They are actually on the increase last few weeks!
19/4/2011 Latex Crepe No.1X 550.00 - 575.00 562.50
21/4/2011 Latex Crepe No.1X 575.00 - 585.00 580.0
26/4/2011 Latex Crepe No.1X 590.00 - flat 590.00
28/4/2011 Latex Crepe No.1X 610.00 - flat 610.00

And No!! The earnings for the next quarter will again be great! The wage hike thing is still under talk and this going quarter will even be over quite soon before that!

PS:- About the tea price fall , READ AGAIN WELL! It says the reason for this is the amazing amount of Tea output! So considering this plantation companies should have even better results not weaker! You could understand this if can remember the last quarter palm oil incident!

Last edited by Rajitha on Fri May 06, 2011 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

innam wrote:

The current high rubber prices are a result of more demand than supply! the main cause for this is the huge rubber needed for the tire business thats coming up from India and China! This is estimated to keep growing! Not mainly by synthetic rubber!
Well as a Sri Lankan saying goes
Kana onewenakota kabara goyat thala goya wenawa!

13Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 8:55 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

results are exceptional as we expected..............
some points to consider..........

*The company intends to add around 70 – 80 hectares of rubber per annum
during the next couple of years post replanting which would enable HOPL to produce higher output.

*Due to its high exposure to the high grown teas, we expect the segment to
experience greater volatility with regard to earnings as high growns are subject
to greater price fluctuations compared to low grown teas. Concerns also
exist with the expiry of the current wage agreement in March 2011 which if
revised upwards, should result in further increases in costs for the segment
and lower earnings due to high labour intensity.

*Issued Share Capital Voting-25Mn
*FY 2011 EPS Rs. 13.03
*PER-(70/13.03)= 5 TIMES
*revenue from tea-64% rubber-32%
*profit from tea-15% rubber-72%
*The rubber segment enjoyed significant gains thanks to soaring rubber prices.

14Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

Have a look at the share holder list ! You should be able to observer Dr . Senthilverl has exited the share in big way and almost ALL the banks have increased their stake by huge margins! Also the shares of the bottom half of the top 20 has increased a lot!

15Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 9:21 pm

tubal

Rajitha wrote:
tubal wrote:Good results indeed (the second infact the first was TPL), but like I said in that TPL thread and also repeated by cse.alpha in an unrelated thread, this is the last quarter we are seeing good results from plantations. Both rubber prices and tea prices are steadily declining.

Please don't post crap without any research mate! I respect you but you just posting stuff with no base! These are the 3 last rubber auction prices! They are actually on the increase last few weeks!

And No!! The earnings for the next quarter will again be great! The wage hike thing is still under talk and this going quarter will even be over quite soon before that!

PS:- About the tea price fall , READ AGAIN WELL! It says the reason for this is the amazing amount of Tea output! So considering this plantation companies should have even better results not weaker! You could understand this if can remember the last quarter palm oil incident!

Rajitha don't assume that you are the only one who knows about rubber prices. In fact, what I can tell you is that little knowledge is dangerous. As I mentioned in my post what we are seeing is a temporary uptrend in a medium term down trend..

The rubber prices have not been updated since the global decline. Please also note that the thai, malaysian and indonesian plantations will be out of wintering soon.

But you are free to dream on, and I will be gloating at you just like you were gloating at the chicken farmer. Oh and BTW, I've been warning about the chicken run since the days of investnow and most recently, I called the recent high on BFL as a double top.

16Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

tubal wrote:

Rajitha don't assume that you are the only one who knows about rubber prices. In fact, what I can tell you is that little knowledge is dangerous. As I mentioned in my post what we are seeing is a temporary uptrend in a medium term down trend..

The rubber prices have not been updated since the global decline. Please also note that the thai, malaysian and indonesian plantations will be out of wintering soon.

But you are free to dream on, and I will be gloating at you just like you were gloating at the chicken farmer. Oh and BTW, I've been warning about the chicken run since the days of investnow and most recently, I called the recent high on BFL as a double top.

I can safely say my little knowledge is way more than the knowledge you have! Having my father owned a tea estate and doing research on that field! The rubber price have updated since the global decline which last only week or two! Only reason the rubber prices even went down these few days were because of the close of auctions for a week!

Also regarding the wintering of other countries rubber plantations! Did you think all Sri lankan rubber factories were collecting at full swing ? Please go do some research ! The rubber output in the coming quarters will increase for sri lankan plantations and most plantation have new maturing HIGH YIELDING rubber crops as well! Also I'm not expecting the rubber prices to drop below Rs 500 anyway which is a more than great price!
Maybe its your prerogative to promote a slaughter house shares and to own parts of slaughter house but just remember the risks involved in it also!

FYI:- You have no clue how these estates undervalue the assets + earnings ! I pity you if you believe this quarters earnings they showing are if not atleast by large % undervalued with specially the union wage hike going on!

Last edited by Rajitha on Fri May 06, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 9:48 pm

tubal

Rajitha wrote:
tubal wrote:

I can safely say my little knowledge is way more than the knowledge you have! Having my father owned a tea estate and doing research on that field! The rubber price have updated since the global decline which last only week or two! Only reason the rubber prices even went down these few days were because of the close of auctions for a week!

Also regarding the wintering of other countries rubber plantations! Did you think all Sri lankan rubber factories were collecting at full swing ? Please go do some research ! The rubber output in the coming quarters will increase for sri lankan plantations and most plantation have new maturing HIGH YIELDING rubber crops as well! Also I'm not expecting the rubber prices to drop below Rs 500 anyway which is a more than great price!
Maybe its your prerogative to promote a slaughter house shares and to own parts of slaughter house but just remember the risks involved in it also!

I bow to your superior knowledge and concede victory. However from your writing style, it's apparent to me that your father ....................................................
But then I could be wrong about that too like you have proven me wrong about rubber just now and you have proven everyone else wrong about everything else. So once again I appologise if I have mistaken your ...... to be a Appu or a Thottam.

Oh even though you claim to be a lecturer in another thread, it seems that you have trouble reading (again I could be wrong about this and my sincere appologies if I am wrong), because what I said was I have warned against the chicken shares.. Perhaps I didn't write it in good enough english, as you claimed in another thread, you are the only one here who can write proper english. I think you are rite about that too.

Thanks and happy trading.

PS: please note that I am agreeing with everything you have said (in my poor english) so don't blast off another angry reply.

18Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 9:59 pm

milanka

milanka

SS wrote:What will be the impact of Wage hike on HOPL. By the way what is the current status of it.

Question

This link explains the current situ :
http://www.ft.lk/2011/05/06/talks-continue-over-plantation-wage-hike/

19Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 10:10 pm

kam2011

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:The first plantation result is out.. Now we're seeing the plantation profits for real..

Lets see the others Wink

I think this is the second financial report in the plantation sector forthe Q ending 31st march 2011. Talawakele report was out a week ago and that is also very impresive.

20Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 pm

smallville

smallville

kam2011 wrote:

Lets see the others Wink

I think this is the second financial report in the plantation sector forthe Q ending 31st march 2011. Talawakele report was out a week ago and that is also very impresive.

Ahh.. apologies.. i've really forgotten that Wink

21Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Sat May 07, 2011 12:46 am

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

if you want to know the future of the plantation companies ......
it all depend on global smart money.
lets see ......

P.S

forgive my vague language . I'm not biased to any commodity !!!

22Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Sat May 07, 2011 8:02 am

Soundchips

tkc wrote:http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/709_1304683137.pdf

Thanks... one by one results coming out..

23Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Sat May 07, 2011 12:53 pm

RockStock

Whatever the impressive result they showed, investors do not ready to invest confidently on plantation shares, that's why most plantations like KGAL, NAMU trade at very low P/E ratios. So that we can't say those are attractive based on low P/E ratios because they are never gonna appreciate beyond that level. But unfortunately some people with expertise knowledge on tea,rubber hold plantation stocks as their life.

PS. Some birds Can't fly.....

24Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Sat May 07, 2011 2:07 pm

smallville

smallville

RockStock wrote:Whatever the impressive result they showed, investors do not ready to invest confidently on plantation shares, that's why most plantations like KGAL, NAMU trade at very low P/E ratios. So that we can't say those are attractive based on low P/E ratios because they are never gonna appreciate beyond that level. But unfortunately some people with expertise knowledge on tea,rubber hold plantation stocks as their life.

PS. Some birds Can't fly.....

Well some ppl like me really keen on plantations like KGAL & NAMU for the fact of future earnings potential.. As much as these are cyclical, its ur wit says u gotta exit at certain points and buy back for the next run Wink There are reasons that they hold on to plantations while so many disagrees Wink

Well...IF U Know the Ropes then Hold Your Horses Wink

25Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Empty Re: Interim Financial Statement - HOPL Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:59 am

rubber.trader

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Rajitha wrote:

This is what you were saying at the time you sold your plantation shares and bought 'slaughter houses neda?'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum