FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Technical Analytics & Charts (1)

+59
monash
laksharemk
wappula
yaka
ole
m2_yapa
Leon
rainmaker
balapas
prabath
klpfernando
The Alchemist
bakapandithaya
sandanuwan
suja
mark
Arena
VertexCSE
Expert
sahan8896
Fresher
pathfinder
takefawaz
nimantha80
UAEBOY
hairai
godswen
nkuda
Dr_CSE
dinusha.kiwulegedara
raybenz1984
Jiggysaurus
fairbullrun
LateTackle
kav4
Whitebull
kas
D.G.Dayaratne
Stefan
Slstock
Backstage
opfdo
market bull
Antonym
Green79
val2004
malanp
manula
Redbulls
Kumar
CSE.SAS
lemuria
smallville
K.Haputantri
sriranga
chamith
Rajaraam
stumpy
traderathome
63 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 40]

201Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Whitebull

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

traderathome wrote:As most of you know by now, that i am muslim...but i cant disagree with what professor K Davids says in the following link.

I have the highest respect for Venerable M Sobitha Thero....

Perhaps most Sinhalese brothers may disagree, most of our eastern and northern muslim and tamil brothers will play the communal card as they usually good at it this time as well, thanks to Muslim Congress & TNA so that fear psychosis is instilled by the ruling party.

If UNP and JVP can agree principally on a common candidature, I am sure some of the Governing Party Minister will give their support covertly.

He will be the right person to abolish the EP and setting up of 18th amendment so that justice,police and election bodies will be independent from the state.

You will have a prime minister to answer to the parliament.

I will cast my vote for the Thero... Very Happy

http://www.colombotelegraph.com/index.php/can-sobitha-pull-off-victory-where-fonseka-flunked/

For the sake of Buddhism,Buddhists and Buddhists monks I think this should never happen.We all have witnessed the humiliation created by Hela Urumaya Saga.If this happens this will be the worst case scenario.Even now see how this so called Professor has adresses a buddhist monk it is just Sobitha.

Power hungry revengeful useless buggers have already made a very big insult to a person who should have been honoured as a war hero who is Ex-army commander Leutinent Genaral Sarath Fonseka(not General or Politician SF)

202Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:08 am

Redbulls

Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Whitebull wrote:
Power hungry revengeful useless buggers have already made a very big insult to a person who should have been honoured as a war hero who is Ex-army commander Leutinent Genaral Sarath Fonseka(not General or Politician SF)
Million time agree with you.

203Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:28 am

traderathome

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

European Union will provide Sri Lanka an Rs.9 billion (EUR 60 million) grant under its support to the District Development programme from 2012 to 2017, the Economic Development Ministry said

The announcement was made by EU Delegation Head Bernard Savage during a meeting with Minister Basil Rajapaksa yesterday in Colombo.

Under this programme, the projects identified by the Sri Lankan government as priority projects will be implemented by United Nations agencies -- UNDP, UNICEF, UNOPS, FAO, ILO and IFC, the ministry said.

Speaking at the event UN Resident Coordinator & UNDP Representative Subaine Nandy said that UN and its agencies would always cooperate with overall development strategies of the government and extend assistance in accordance with the requirements of the government. Experience gained and lessons learnt from the implementation of the projects can be used to design the next projects, he said.
http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/21481-sl-to-get-rs-9-billion-from-eu.html

204Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:35 am

traderathome

Central Bank Governor Ajith Nivard Cabraal said investors were not interested as to who was the Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman when they invest in the stock market.

There is an influx of Rs.29 billion in foreign exchange in the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) from foreign investors, he said. Sale of the shares is one of the several functions of the stock market.The shares available in our stock market are reliable and investors are aware of this. That is why they are investing in a large scale. They are not concerned about the individuals holding office in the SEC.

Mr. Cabraal said some took minor issues seriously because shortcomings could be corrected if we looked at these issues with an open mind.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/21480-investors-not-interested-in-whos-sec-chief-cabraal.html

205Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:39 am

D.G.Dayaratne

Pl do not try to manipulate share market using public funds.Private sector people will do the needful. pl give proper instructions to to managers of public funds. Verbal and writing instruction should be same
If public investment control by central Bank properly private sector know (retailers and others) to protect themselves
Market process will eliminate fools
NOT much regulation REQURED

Thanks

206Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Important:
i) The handle is a short pullback followed by a breakout with rising volume support.

ii) The cup should be "U" shaped bowl pattern or a rounding bottom. The perfect pattern would have equal highs on both sides of the cup, but this is not always the case.
Also its better to have a support level at the bottom of this "U" shape.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

While there is a cup n handle pattern, there also seems to be a Rising Wedge pattern (Dark Green lines)..

207Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 am

traderathome

traderathome

smallville wrote:Important:
i) The handle is a short pullback followed by a breakout with rising volume support.

ii) The cup should be "U" shaped bowl pattern or a rounding bottom. The perfect pattern would have equal highs on both sides of the cup, but this is not always the case.

While there is a cup n handle pattern, there also seems to be a Rising Wedge pattern (Dark Green lines)..
So small....where will you place your TP...... for this one I am Bullish @800/- would be the off load. Basketball

Regards
cheers

208Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:50 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

traderathome wrote:
K.Haputantri wrote:TAH thanks for the chart but small print on chart is a problem.
Hapu
4 more posts you will be in the 1000 post club....please accept my advance wishes in case i miss to congratulate u... Very Happy

Hope to see in 2000 club very soon..... Laughing

Regards & best wishes
TAH lol!

Thanks TAH.

209Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:21 pm

smallville

smallville

traderathome wrote:
smallville wrote:Important:

So small....where will you place your TP...... for this one I am Bullish @800/- would be the off load. Basketball

Regards
cheers

I'm not taking any positions at this moment... We're yet t see a rising vol on this..

210Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:50 am

traderathome

traderathome

I have already loaded , reload pending................. Very Happy

211Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:28 am

traderathome

traderathome

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Regards
TAH

212Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:31 am

traderathome

traderathome

My Chart on JINS will be posted this late evening....

I cant believe i have missed this one...and it has slipped under my radar until today...came with un expected dividends announcement.

Can we expect a final div to follow with this interim......The current price can reach 13Rs imo.

And Rs 20/- is possible...all that i will explain later......

If anyone studied the chart pattern, please feel free to post it here...

I will work on the HPP Very Happy

Thanks & Regards
TAH

213Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:30 pm

smallville

smallville

This is the JINS Chart..

I see a long term falling wedge has been broken out with a bullish candle. Then a gap opening followed by few days of pullback period making investors panic Wink
Then again, this started trading today with a huge GAP.. This is mainly due to yesterday's 1 rupee dividend announcement.
However there are good indicators; MACD & DEMA both crossed over the signal giving us an indication..

In general, the dividend run of JINS may increase its price by abt 2 rupees so there can be more upside to it.

BTW, I wonder why the hell this Bearish Crab did not come to effect.. Hmmm Manipulation???

Have I missed something TAH? I dont see any thing other than a dividend anticipation in last few day's trading..

214Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:24 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Hi Small,

For me pattern Failed, since it did not make the min retracement as highlighted, secondly the final LEG down did not touch 88.6% Fib level from the 1st Leg.

So there is no valid pattern on HPP.

215Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:38 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Here is FAILED Pattern using DFN Data.

regards
TAH

216Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:56 pm

chamith

chamith

hey small,
you hve the ami data. could you plz save it as a database and upload it for all of us if you dont mind,
plz

217Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 pm

traderathome

traderathome

JINS Bearish Alt BAT Pattern.

I would off load part of shares say 50% leave the balance and BUY @ 11-12.

Another scenario would be price reaching new highs around 20,25 Rs.

Basketball

218Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:06 pm

traderathome

traderathome

smallville wrote:

BTW, I wonder why the hell this Bearish Crab did not come to effect.. Hmmm Manipulation???

Have I missed something TAH? I dont see any thing other than a dividend anticipation in last few day's trading..
Perhaps some sensed the dividend announcement was around the corner ..could be insde info, we can not prove.
So issue is we can not outsmart the market,but we rely on price action.

Now a chance is their to take short term profit but its up to the individuals taste buds. bounce

i am not suggesting anything at all. so i leave it to the members.

Very Happy

219Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:09 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Someone was generous enough to sell me NDB shares @117

Since i can not thank him directly, i use this opportunity send my heartfelt thanks to that gentleman.

Thanks once again.....

only a partial filling , hope some one will be kind enough to fill the pending qty

Very Happy

220Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:26 pm

smallville

smallville

I have this AMibroker AFL that shows the HPP patterns without manually trying it.. Even it showed as a Bearish crab (it means the pattern confirmed according to the code).. wonder what kinda calculation it does. scratch

This is why I only stick to normal pattern analysis.. he hee.. After all only the falling wedge gave some meaning..

221Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 pm

smallville

smallville

TAH I've doubts on NDB.. See it only has a rising wedge...

A retrancement to 110-116 level is also could be on the cards.. Trade safely..

Last edited by smallville on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

222Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 pm

traderathome

traderathome

223Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Hi small, regarding the detectinfg of the pattern ,please recheck the coding, bcos if i go by the BLUE lines you have drown, the final leg is a retracement to the lower am i right. so you will draw the PRZ which is the price reversal meaning to the HIGH from the lower.so the pattern should be a BULLISH and not a bearish. thats how the code should identify.

Try and recheck the codes to correct the bugs...

thanks btw for the NDB, i will have look now Very Happy
TAH

224Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:59 pm

smallville

smallville

TAH, I also think its something wrong with the code.. Since programming is nt in my nature, I gotta leave it.. Mad

Would you like to look at PAP? I'm just doing a post on it..

Chamith,
Pls refer to this database.. It has upto 26th of Aug..

http://www.mediafire.com/?44tb0z7l6offzbr

225Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:07 pm

traderathome

traderathome

smallville wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

TAH I've doubts on NDB.. See it only has a rising wedge...

A retrancement to 110-116 level is also could be on the cards.. Trade safely..

Hi small,
Just analysed it NDB but " the big bang theory season 5 is distracting me" right now,

how ever i was able to complete it without much delay.
The pATTERN is Bullish Alt BAT,,,,,

Enjoy the potential is great compared to the RISK you will take....

Have a look its done using the weekly data on DFN TWS.

Appreciate your comments....Holding till 150+ should the market move in this fashion pirat

226Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:24 pm

traderathome

traderathome

The 170+ or 200 looks very very optimistic at this moment.But look at the bearish ALT BAT that would form once its @113 Fib level (Rs 130-140) from current 117.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

I am looking 2 targets in the months to come, in this run up.

227Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:35 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Sorry Small,

I am unable to see anything on PAP .......

Sorry
TAH

228Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 am

traderathome

traderathome

Market is closed tomorrow...... Sad

Whats the occasion..........
Is it Poya........

ooh man so much expectations...so many holidays.

229Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:35 am

smallville

smallville

Yes its POYA today.. 2 for this month Wink.. Now I hate working for big MNOs.. Still gotta go n work.. S&#@...

If NDB gives a target on 130 at least, ur safe.. IMO the market should at least move up to 5300-5350 and test the resistance..

One thing you must understand dealing with DFN data.. They are incorrect. Draw a Fib and see the data they presetn and visually where the lines headed Evil or Very Mad
So dont rely much on that.. This is why I use Ami...

Abt PAP, nothing much as of a pattern but some collection has gone for 2 months.. just saw a breakout with extra high vol but not sure whether a distribution has taken place.
Collection amounted to abt 21 mil while after the breakout abt 12 mil traded.

A collection has mainly witnessed in 2.40 range. While the break out lasted in 2.60-2.80 range, I dont think the distribution is over yet (or may be its still being collected).

In recent times the least this has gone was 1.90.

MACD looks good for PAP when this was in 2.50-2.70 range.. And still not bad either

PAP mainly has to rely on CEB for their supplement of power to the main GRID and I've not checked this fundamentally.
The recent rains could benefit them while the drizzle we saw time to time in last few month was of no use (that's one reason why SL's are in power cuts today)

230Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:27 am

Whitebull

traderathome wrote:Market is closed tomorrow...... Sad

Whats the occasion..........
Is it Poya........

ooh man so much expectations...so many holidays.

It is because we have mixed up two systems.....Poyaday has to be a holiday in our country....(in fact there are four poyadays for a month.) Actually sunday is a holiday because it is the sabathday according to christiany.

PS:-This is not to suggest to change the holiday system in our country.

smallville:- One thing you must understand dealing with DFN data.. They are incorrect. Draw a Fib and see the data they presetn and visually where the lines headed

I also saw some problems with Fib but I did not find any other problem with DFN charts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum