FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Technical Analytics & Charts (1)

+59
monash
laksharemk
wappula
yaka
ole
m2_yapa
Leon
rainmaker
balapas
prabath
klpfernando
The Alchemist
bakapandithaya
sandanuwan
suja
mark
Arena
VertexCSE
Expert
sahan8896
Fresher
pathfinder
takefawaz
nimantha80
UAEBOY
hairai
godswen
nkuda
Dr_CSE
dinusha.kiwulegedara
raybenz1984
Jiggysaurus
fairbullrun
LateTackle
kav4
Whitebull
kas
D.G.Dayaratne
Stefan
Slstock
Backstage
opfdo
market bull
Antonym
Green79
val2004
malanp
manula
Redbulls
Kumar
CSE.SAS
lemuria
smallville
K.Haputantri
sriranga
chamith
Rajaraam
stumpy
traderathome
63 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 40]

226Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:24 pm

traderathome

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

The 170+ or 200 looks very very optimistic at this moment.But look at the bearish ALT BAT that would form once its @113 Fib level (Rs 130-140) from current 117.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

I am looking 2 targets in the months to come, in this run up.

227Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:35 pm

traderathome

Sorry Small,

I am unable to see anything on PAP .......

Sorry
TAH

228Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 am

traderathome

Market is closed tomorrow...... Sad

Whats the occasion..........
Is it Poya........

ooh man so much expectations...so many holidays.

229Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:35 am

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Yes its POYA today.. 2 for this month Wink.. Now I hate working for big MNOs.. Still gotta go n work.. S&#@...

If NDB gives a target on 130 at least, ur safe.. IMO the market should at least move up to 5300-5350 and test the resistance..

One thing you must understand dealing with DFN data.. They are incorrect. Draw a Fib and see the data they presetn and visually where the lines headed Evil or Very Mad
So dont rely much on that.. This is why I use Ami...

Abt PAP, nothing much as of a pattern but some collection has gone for 2 months.. just saw a breakout with extra high vol but not sure whether a distribution has taken place.
Collection amounted to abt 21 mil while after the breakout abt 12 mil traded.

A collection has mainly witnessed in 2.40 range. While the break out lasted in 2.60-2.80 range, I dont think the distribution is over yet (or may be its still being collected).

In recent times the least this has gone was 1.90.

MACD looks good for PAP when this was in 2.50-2.70 range.. And still not bad either

PAP mainly has to rely on CEB for their supplement of power to the main GRID and I've not checked this fundamentally.
The recent rains could benefit them while the drizzle we saw time to time in last few month was of no use (that's one reason why SL's are in power cuts today)

230Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:27 am

Whitebull

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

traderathome wrote:Market is closed tomorrow...... Sad

Whats the occasion..........
Is it Poya........

ooh man so much expectations...so many holidays.

It is because we have mixed up two systems.....Poyaday has to be a holiday in our country....(in fact there are four poyadays for a month.) Actually sunday is a holiday because it is the sabathday according to christiany.

PS:-This is not to suggest to change the holiday system in our country.

smallville:- One thing you must understand dealing with DFN data.. They are incorrect. Draw a Fib and see the data they presetn and visually where the lines headed

I also saw some problems with Fib but I did not find any other problem with DFN charts.

231Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:15 am

traderathome

traderathome

Thanks guys, infact I had installed ami & metastock on my laptop, they were working fine. But I removed both. So wil have it re installed. rabbit

232Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:24 am

traderathome

traderathome

My 1st chart on JKH N using AmiBroker with data uploaded by Small.

So thanks small, for the updated data upto 24th August.

The Target in my mind would be to 240~260 with 280 being unknown territory, so its too early to have higher hopes such price levels would be longterm, since the track record of CSE and investors specially theretailers may like to take profit and exit below 280~300.

The break-out is yet to trigger which is around 200~207.

The safer bet would be to Target 240-260 given the above circumstances.

The MACD is pointing upward which is good, but these are lagging indicators for a Trader who will be looking only on short term gains compared to the longterm.

So Entry Price is of essence, 190 would have been ideal, but i placed a BUY LIMIT order around 194 lets see whether it would fill next week,cos its been 2 days and the order is yet to fill. bounce

So I am not holding single share of JKH ATM.

Regards
TAH

233Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:27 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Thanks TAH. I am learning a lot from your posts.

234Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:04 am

smallville

smallville

Hmm.. Nice to see you with Ami TAH.. Now we both have same platform analysis gonna be easy...

I will upload the HPP.fla that I've got so you can get the HPP pattern in a fly.. Since we found something wrong with the code if you have a programming eye probably you could see where the code has gone wrong in detection (its all math nuh>) so amend if possible.

Also my database uses MAs;
Red - 15, Blue - 45, Green - 100 and SAR - 0.02.

You can change it accordingly like this;
Right click on the main chart - select "Parameteres" - Go down a bit and click near the designated no and chaged accordingly.

SAR value of 0.04 is good for short term.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Welcome to the world of Amibroker.. All thanks should go to Samuel Daniel who introduced this to us and provided the initial database.

Last edited by smallville on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

235Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:50 am

Backstage

Backstage

Though 90 percent of the analysis above my head, the 10 percent is very interesting and informative. Your banter gives us a sneak peak into the techie world.

Thanks, keep it up guys. I hope that the likes of Gann , Alladin will come out of hibernation and contribute.

236Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:57 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Thanks Small.....

Just new on Ami, but the database update is of some nuisance..... Razz

237Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:48 pm

kav4

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:I have this AMibroker AFL that shows the HPP patterns without manually trying it.. Even it showed as a Bearish crab (it means the pattern confirmed according to the code).. wonder what kinda calculation it does. scratch

This is why I only stick to normal pattern analysis.. he hee.. After all only the falling wedge gave some meaning..

Can we have that AFL please?

238Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:42 am

traderathome

traderathome

Small, i dont want to over discuss JKH here, but i coild not help seeing the bearish gartly (blue lines) @ 78.6fib and inverse head and shoulder break-out and reversal zones confluencing each other at 78.6%fib. If the break out do happen around 202 the next extension would be 161fib level which is 233Rs....that would be bearish crab.if you are lucky to fill up on pull back around 50fib 190-192 after price reaching 202.

So this would be my last update on JKH until some major turn of events take place....... Very Happy

Hope to see you on the other side of the trade.....
(Thats after locking on profit) cheers

regards
TAH

239Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:11 am

traderathome

traderathome

I will have an update on YORK for those interested......by tomorrow.

I have a test tomorrow so got to go now...

Gud Night
TAH Smile

240Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:03 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Here is the chart on YORK..if any one wants to place a buy order there are 2 price ranges you could consider during the pull back.

if you are lucky the price levels are 11~15 Very Happy

The P/E ratio is tad high for me.....compared to the sector.

Since early june we have been seeing the counter making Higher Highs and Higher Lows and yet to break below which is Rs15/-

Very Happy

Enjoy

241Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:47 pm

traderathome

traderathome

traderathome wrote:The 170+ or 200 looks very very optimistic at this moment.But look at the bearish ALT BAT that would form once its @113 Fib level (Rs 130-140) from current 117.

I am looking 2 targets in the months to come, in this run up.

This is highly speculative formation.......synced with chart pattern and harmonic price pattern keeping in mind the short term price reversals and with possible break-outs near significant fib levels. Laughing

PLEASE KEEPIN MIND, we are not trying to outsmart the Market here....But the scenario discussed here is for studying of priceactions (PA) near supports & resistance, and Buying opportunities on retracements on DIPS Very Happy

Happy
TAH

242Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:52 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Gud Night folks and see you on monday morning...

Sleepy
TAH Sleep

243Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:43 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Was a good day, since I began my portfolio has turned from red to green

244Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:55 am

traderathome

traderathome

I am not going mark the profit levels.....

I will keep it for you guys to place iton this one Basketball

Enjoy

TAH

245Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:21 am

kav4

Small or traderathome,

Can I have the AFL please.

246Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:53 am

traderathome

traderathome

kav4 wrote:Small or traderathome,

Can I have the AFL please.
whats AFL Surprised

I am drawing it manually btw. Smile

If you are looking for some programming on HPP (Harmonic Price Patterns) recognition, please browse previous posts in this thread.

And sorry if i could not be of any help .... :Deleted:
Regards
TAH

247Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:09 am

traderathome

traderathome

traderathome wrote:here is the updated asi chart with the reversal points. and possible targets for the long term....5500, 6200 7250 and 7800

Read with below comments on the next post Basketball

248Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:11 am

traderathome

traderathome

traderathome wrote:
Antonym wrote:
traderathome wrote:here is the updated asi chart with the reversal points. and possible targets for the long term....5500, 6200 7250 and 7800
@traderathome: I know this chart is important because it provides possible long term targets. But some of us are 'technically challenged'... We would appreciate a brief commentary highlighting the key features of your chart and explaining how each of those targets has been derived. Thanks!
I am very glad you asked that question. In any HPP (Harmonic Price Pattern) the peaks and low points act as Res or Supports.
the ASI chart depicted is now called as a BULLISH SHARK PATTERN, the last leg down in this case colored in BLUE and RED can extend below 1.618~2.24 FIB Levels.
The Bullish Shark Pattern can turnout to be a Bearish 5-0Pattern after moving up50% from last leg down. This is known as the correction leg.That is why i indicated 6250 to be precise will be the make or break for the BULLS although for me its the 50% retracement level. The shaded area indicates the entering of to the neutral zone (38.2%) which tested twice and failed. If this RES is broken, the momentum will carry up towards the first leg up which acted as a peak point and got corrected. which is confluencing around 7250 level. If left enough steam to break this 7250 we will surely see 7800 testing within 15-18months from now.

Hope this clears my target levels, please do let me know i will try and put some guide points to denote the peaks and the lows on the pattern for the noobs tryng to understand.

Sorry if i confused you more pale

Happy Trading/Investing
TAH pirat
original posted on June 15th and 16th.......Reading purposes only.

Glad we were there and did not leave CSE.....when the going was tough..... Very Happy

TAH

249Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:37 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Who will be there with us, when we reach 6200 Very Happy. Max Loss during bad times was 10% in unrealised loss column.Who will have the patience to go on till 6200 without hitting the SELL button. bounce

250Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 am

traderathome

traderathome

I thought I will post the updated ASI for the benefit of some traders. The Fib levels may mean nothing for some, but for those who wish to take profit off the table may do so, at the designated levels, so that we are lock on with longterm view. Very Happy others may ignore and follow their own trading/investing technique which has brought them profit through out.

But others who are overwhelmed, fear of loosing or early exit may try taking profits by working according to a trading plan......if the unrealised gain column is in green.

As same as we held on to our shares when the unrealised losses were around -11% against total investment. bounce

TAH

251Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:24 am

traderathome

traderathome

So imho, this run can take us to 5900 on its way up minor resistance around 5500 with next testing @5900.

Hopefully we can offload some around 6200 cheers
So Enjoy the Run... Very Happy
TAH
bounce

Last edited by traderathome on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

252Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:06 am

traderathome

traderathome

Are you seeing...what i am seeing.......@ Start of a Bull Run.....

And where will LLUB be when its breaks the consolidation..... Very Happy

TAH

My Target is Rs 270/-~Rs 300/- Levels are a possibility.....Anyone sharing my sentiments.....I dont have a time frame,but i can see where this could end up.So its a less risk i have loaded ......

I heard about a chinese stimulus package ........ Very Happy

253Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:31 am

traderathome

traderathome

Stimulus is not for the oil market but for its economy.....this could drive the oil prices higher yet again..

Very Happy

254Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:30 pm

LateTackle

LateTackle
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Thank you

255Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 10 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 pm

traderathome

traderathome

LateTackle wrote:Thank you
wow we got our small click of traders in UAE... Very Happy

TAH

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum