FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

LIOC is attractive at Rs.47?

+12
shadow walker
Vptilak
THILANGAF
Pethi
TechAnalyst
D.G.Dayaratne
Harry82
SHARK aka TAH
yellow knife
Octopus
TanTan
Business Basil
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:32 am

Business Basil

Manager - Equity Analytics

is it attractive?

2LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:31 am

TanTan

TanTan
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Even 48.

3LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:45 am

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

For some members Rs 100

4LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:26 am

yellow knife

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

As per earnings reported so far it is attractive upto 90... Rest we can not say until we see this quarter report

5LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:17 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Buy above 47.20 The Bullishness further confirms for those who are reluctant still

6LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:20 am

Harry82

Harry82
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

This quarter result may down. Someone is trying to sell.
Dont buy LIOC. That is over valued share at present market condition

7LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:26 am

yellow knife

Harry82 wrote:This quarter result may down. Someone is trying to sell.
Dont  buy LIOC. That is over valued share at present market condition

PE ration below 6 is over valued.... A new lesson for investors...thanx harry for enlightening us... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

8LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:38 am

D.G.Dayaratne

NDB stock brokers also say last quarter performance not good they do not advice to buy

But some people try to promote this share for their personal benefits

No economic reason to go up this share

9LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:48 am

Harry82

Harry82

D.G.Dayaratne,
You are correct.
This quarter profit down PE ration up 6 to 12.
12 is over valued.

10LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:58 am

TechAnalyst

TechAnalyst
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Harry82 wrote:This quarter result may down. Someone is trying to sell.
Dont  buy LIOC. That is over valued share at present market condition

LOL man, Don't be stupid. How many overvalued shares we have at the moment. We are in a bullish market. You are talking about only fundamentals here. But don't forget about Technical analysis. Technical analysis confirms that LIOC is potential to go up. However it is your decision to buy or not

11LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:00 am

Harry82

Harry82

Technical analysis confirms that LIOC is potential to go up..

BUT after that fuel price Down.
Therefore profit down

12LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:07 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Harry82 wrote: D.G.Dayaratne,
You are correct.
12  is over valued.
Dear Harry82 How did you arrive at 12 PER Very Happy

We had an EPS 2.26 in the 1st Qtr. If we multiply by 4 = we get 10 which is trading 4.7time. As per your calculation this should have made a Loss in the 2nd Quarter. Is this possible with dwindling oil prices.......

How do you know before the 2nd quarter reports issued to general public, you seem to have any insider information, if thats to be true, what you are saying is illegal then and making a serious statement in this public forum. because we as public dont have any access to such information which you have.
Please be serious what you say.......

Market Price reflects share prices based on future earnings......

13LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:10 am

TechAnalyst

TechAnalyst
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

SHARK aka TAH wrote:
You are correct.
12  is over valued.
Dear Harry82 How did you arrive at 12 PER Very Happy

We had an EPS 2.26 in the 1st Qtr. If we multiply by 4 = we get 10 which is trading 4.7time. As per your calculation this should have made a Loss in the 2nd Quarter. Is this possible with dwindling oil prices.......

How do you know before the 2nd quarter reports issued to general public, you seem to have any insider information, if thats to be true, what you are saying is illegal then and making a serious statement in this public forum. because we as public dont have any access to such information which you have.
Please be serious what you say.......

Market Price reflects share prices based on future earnings......

1+ on this Very Happy

14LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:13 am

Pethi

Pethi

You are correct.
12  is over valued.

I am out of LIOC. don't think to get back for some time.
I think it should consolidate now.

15LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:18 am

yellow knife

As per my calculations PE ratio 12 is still not over valued... But to reach PE 12 LIOC should trade at Rs 120.00 per share.. Its still trading at 46+

16LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:24 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Pethi,
I respect your decision to exit LIOC.
And you are expecting it to Range, but if you look at it technicallly for this share to consolidate, this should made a reversal @45 and now should be trading below 40. And to be precise around 38-39 levels.
Look at it now, went up to 49 and now its 46-47 and have a nice support for us around 45-44.
IMO lioc has started its 2nd phase of continuation from cup formation.

I may be wrong, dont think i am promoting LIOC..... but letting everyone know there is a potential gain to be made out of this.
If i were looking for personal benefits and selfish individual i would not be sharing charts etc among the members in SLEF.

You decide
Good luck

17LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:33 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Further dont forget, the top head and shoulder formation i was anticipating, was a mistake as i did not take overall market trend in to consideration, if the market had reversed deffa we would have seen LIOC to fall around 30ish.
So dont under estimate overall market trend.....

I am not pushing anyone to BUY.

Thanks DGD & Harry82 for giving us different perspectives to LIOC....

At the end of the day we all strive to gain something out of CSE.

So the question of Personal benefits does not arise only for 1 individual or section of Individuals.

its common for all investing in share market, and we expect our shares to gain from time to time.

No body is here to live with the Dividends alone what the companies distribute. We need Capital gains as well to survive.

The question is how ethical and the road we followed to gain while helping other members in this forum that matters most.

Happy Trading & Good Luck
Shark

18LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:19 am

Pethi

Pethi

SHARK aka TAH wrote:Pethi,
I respect your decision to exit LIOC.
And you are expecting it to Range, but if you look at it technicallly for this share to consolidate, this should made a reversal @45 and now should be trading below 40. And to be precise around 38-39 levels.
Look at it now, went up to 49 and now its 46-47 and have a nice support for us around 45-44.
IMO lioc has started its 2nd phase of continuation from cup formation.

I may be wrong, dont think i am promoting LIOC..... but letting everyone know there is a potential gain to be made out of this.
If i were looking for personal benefits and selfish individual i would not be sharing charts etc among the members in SLEF.

You decide
Good luck

Actually, I did not expect it to go around 39.
I told in the forum and had few discussions even with wendi, saying that it will fall to 44.50.
because that is where the earlier resistance was (I mean before the hike)

normally, what happens is earlier resistance becomes the new support.

our old support was @ 39.

to move in to the old support, we should break our new support which is earlier resistance.(44.50)

Let me get clear with this,
I am not buying LIOC not because it is a bad share. without a doubt It is a good share to hold in your Portfolio.

it is one of my own rules that after making considerable profits, I wont look at the same share for some time.
May be in future, I may have to pay the premium to buy LIOC. @50/60 who knows??

I think it should consolidate somewhere now before the next up/down.

Good Luck with LIOC.

19LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 am

yellow knife

Dear Pethi

I dont want to interfere with the way you deal with shares.. But I ve said it earlier as well "Dont treat your sold shares as divorced wife"... The same share that gave you profit can further go up.. Evaluate it as if you are into a new relationship

20LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:50 am

D.G.Dayaratne

All the shares of LIOC have been purchased below present price. Big quantity between Rs 38 to 39 according to CSE statistics

Event at present most of share holders can sell with good profit

Therefore not possible to go up further

Last edited by D.G.Dayaratne on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

21LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:17 pm

THILANGAF

Harry82 wrote:Technical analysis confirms that LIOC is potential to go up..

BUT after that fuel price Down.
Therefore profit down

After fuel price cutting you can check current world oil price level . That is continuously falling down that you cant stop which means you cant stop LIOC uptrend. Now a days these things people are aware so don't try to make them fools.
When global oil price slipping down then 2nd quarter results will drop of LIOC????? funny Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

22LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:24 pm

THILANGAF

You are correct.
12  is over valued.

Do you know about PE ratio please let me know how does it go up 6 to 12?????

THILANGAF

Oil prices are crashing down Crude oil price is USD 91.59 and Brent oil price is USD 95.60 at the moment.What do you think about guys?? any idea about 2nd quarter profit???? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

24LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Vptilak

THILANGAF wrote:Oil prices are crashing down Crude oil price is USD 91.59 and Brent oil price is USD 95.60 at the moment.What do you think about guys?? any idea about 2nd quarter profit???? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Second Q would be definitely good and Third Q as well. But Question is about 4 th Q after Price reduction?

25LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Empty Re: LIOC is attractive at Rs.47? Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:12 pm

THILANGAF

Vptilak wrote:
THILANGAF wrote:Oil prices are crashing down Crude oil price is USD 91.59 and Brent oil price is USD 95.60 at the moment.What do you think about guys?? any idea about 2nd quarter profit???? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Second Q would be definitely good and Third Q as well. But Question is about 4 th Q after Price reduction?

Last financial year LIOC made very good profit with EPS Rs 9.04 that time avg crude oil price is USD 100 and Brent oil price is USD 110. Now days crude oil price around USD 91 . Local Price reduction will not effect much to LIOC due to global oil price decline. and within next year global oil price will not go according to expert reports. So LIOC will have much better Earning per share for next financial year!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum