FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

RCL - is this indicating Three White Soldiers pattern?

+6
yoyo
nadun_nevermore
Soundchips
Gaja
Slstock
smallville
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

RCL is one of the companies shown higher growth potential on recent results, while the below illustration is not a clear White soldiers pattern according to the below explanation, it seems to me a bit close..
There can be further uptrend for 1-2 days if so.. But this is not a buy/sell recommendation..

RCL - is this indicating Three White Soldiers pattern? Rcl-ne10

What Does Three White Soldiers Mean?

A bullish candlestick pattern that is used to predict the reversal of the current downtrend. This pattern consists of three consecutive long-bodied candlesticks that have closed higher than the previous day, with each session's open occurring within the body of the previous candle.

These long-bodied candlesticks are a sign of the change in investor sentiment and are used by traders to confirm a shift in momentum. This pattern may form after a period of consolidation, which is still a valid sign of a move higher, but it is not as desirable as it would be if it were found at the end of a prolonged downtrend.
Source : Investopedia.com

Important Results;

Theoretical performance: Bullish reversal
Tested performance: Bullish reversal 82% of the time
Frequency rank: 67
Overall performance rank: 32
Best percentage meeting price target: 34% (bull/bear market, up/down breakout)
Best average move in 10 days: -7.66% (bear market, down breakout)
Best 10-day performance rank: 4 (bull market, down breakout)
All ranks are out of 103 candlestick patterns with the top performer ranking 1. "Best" means the highest rated of the four combinations of bull/bear market, up/down breakouts.

Discussion

The three white soldiers candlestick pattern acts as a bullish reversal 82% of the time. What that means is it is more likely to breakout upward (a close above the top of the highest candle) than it is to breakout downward (a close below the lowest of the three candles). Duh. Just 593 out of 3,333 samples showed downward breakouts.

The candle ranks 67 for rarity, where a rank of 103 is unknown and 1 is a rock star. The overall performance is 32 and that means price does not trend all that well after the breakout. Nevertheless, after a downward breakout in a bear market, price can drop 7.66% on average, over 10 days, but that uses just 56 samples.

Source : http://thepatternsite.com/ThreeWhiteSoldiers.html

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:RCL is one of the companies shown higher growth potential on recent results, while the below illustration is not a clear White soldiers pattern according to the below explanation, it seems to me a bit close..
There can be further uptrend for 1-2 days if so.. But this is not a buy/sell recommendation..

RCL - is this indicating Three White Soldiers pattern? Rcl-ne10

What Does Three White Soldiers Mean?

A bullish candlestick pattern that is used to predict the reversal of the current downtrend. This pattern consists of three consecutive long-bodied candlesticks that have closed higher than the previous day, with each session's open occurring within the body of the previous candle.

These long-bodied candlesticks are a sign of the change in investor sentiment and are used by traders to confirm a shift in momentum. This pattern may form after a period of consolidation, which is still a valid sign of a move higher, but it is not as desirable as it would be if it were found at the end of a prolonged downtrend.
Source : Investopedia.com

Important Results;

Theoretical performance: Bullish reversal
Tested performance: Bullish reversal 82% of the time
Frequency rank: 67
Overall performance rank: 32
Best percentage meeting price target: 34% (bull/bear market, up/down breakout)
Best average move in 10 days: -7.66% (bear market, down breakout)
Best 10-day performance rank: 4 (bull market, down breakout)
All ranks are out of 103 candlestick patterns with the top performer ranking 1. "Best" means the highest rated of the four combinations of bull/bear market, up/down breakouts.

Discussion

The three white soldiers candlestick pattern acts as a bullish reversal 82% of the time. What that means is it is more likely to breakout upward (a close above the top of the highest candle) than it is to breakout downward (a close below the lowest of the three candles). Duh. Just 593 out of 3,333 samples showed downward breakouts.

The candle ranks 67 for rarity, where a rank of 103 is unknown and 1 is a rock star. The overall performance is 32 and that means price does not trend all that well after the breakout. Nevertheless, after a downward breakout in a bear market, price can drop 7.66% on average, over 10 days, but that uses just 56 samples.

Source : http://thepatternsite.com/ThreeWhiteSoldiers.html

Yes SmallVille it appear so and also volume was picking up. C
It crucial to see the Rs 165 resistance break .

Gaja

yesterday there was some demand in the morning trading hours

Soundchips

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Financials are good !

nadun_nevermore

nadun_nevermore
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

gaja and smallville...can any body of u both tell me..who is most loyal broker firm in SL to retailers....im having my accounts @ bartleet...and i had CLND 3700 shares bought @ a price of 17.4 six months ago...but my f***ing investment adviser asked me to sell my shares @ 23.. just before the price hit @ 46 1 week ago..i could hav gain 105000 profit out of this transaction but i got only 21000..im very disappointed with this and need to change my all accounts to another broker....advice me....thank you

Gaja

well there are different type of brokers in the market, who act in different way, and whether you sell at massive profit or loss they will get there commission, i am dealing with 3 brokers, and 2 of them will put forward there ideas only if i asked about a particular share or what they think it as the possibility of going up, sometimes it came as predicted and sometimes it went other way as well, another broker will not suggest anything but since he is the my 1st broker still i have a PF of around .5% of my total PF with him.

Some of my friends told that some of there brokers asked to buy a particular share or request them to sell a particular shares and one of there main customer dump the share or acquire it, so need to be careful about them

Also most of them have connections with the other broker firms and the management of the companies also backed by the research team, therefore sometimes they able to guess or identify the trends whats going to happen, so always discussed with them and share the ideas but make sure you only take the final decision, because finally this is your money and profit or loss belong to you

Gaja

so far a crossing of 1 million shares at 165

nadun_nevermore

nadun_nevermore
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

yes..thank you gaja...can you recommend me some other retailer friendly broker firms to open some new accounts as you feel... because here after thought about not to depend on 1 guy....

yoyo

yoyo
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

nadun_nevermore wrote:yes..thank you gaja...can you recommend me some other retailer friendly broker firms to open some new accounts as you feel... because here after thought about not to depend on 1 guy....

Bartleet may be bad, but it does not have rigid T+5 rules. They give margin facility for some time unlike Asha Philips. Some broker firms force sell your portfolio since they are strictly following the T+5 rules. If you are a trader you may be safe with BMS.

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Brokerages treat you relative to how big you account is with them. generally once you cross the 20mn mark they'll call you to buy shares.

gann

gann

Most importantly today RCL closed above 160 above the trading range . Thats very encouraging.

Last edited by gann on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

nadun_nevermore

nadun_nevermore
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

thanx yoyo....and it ll take quit long time to me to reach @ 20mn mark..coz im still a small investor....thanx for your advise mono....milanka recommended me JBS...whats your opinion??? Exclamation

stumpy

stumpy

I respect the professionalism in Lanka Securities!

JennyFunny

stumpy wrote:I respect the professionalism in Lanka Securities!

Yea Lanka Securities is very good..They are currently testing servers for DirectFN TWS as well..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum