FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Niwa Today at 8:53 pm

» Directors' Dealings today
by SAGA Today at 6:02 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today
by SAGA Today at 5:59 pm

» CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)
by Antonym Today at 5:37 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC Interim Financial Statements quarter ended 30th June 2021
by samaritan Today at 10:03 am

» Shares to Buy
by abey Yesterday at 6:47 pm

» Boga unusual Collection....
by Wickyz Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» MILLENNIUM HOUSING DEVELOPERS PLC (MHDL.N0000)
by jehan008 Yesterday at 1:11 pm

» Sri Lanka FOB prices for black tea highest in the world
by samaritan Yesterday at 12:18 pm

» DPL Take over
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 12:12 pm

» HVA FOODS PLC (HVA.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:02 am

» INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS (CEYLON) PLC (ASPH.N0000)
by dayandacool Yesterday at 10:09 am

» CITIZENS DEVELOPMENT BUSINESS FINANCE PLC(CDB.N0000)
by engineer Yesterday at 7:06 am

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC . KZOO.N
by Pbv Yesterday at 12:22 am

» What will happen to AMF¿??????
by Tissa Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:46 pm

» Expert view on AMF??
by Tissa Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:12 pm

» Sell EXPO Buy EDEN sentiment changed to Exit EXPO Enter EDEN
by Bakkabwoi Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:57 pm

» What are the short term profit stocks you are planning to buy on this Monday? (Only honest ppl please)
by Hope123 Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:04 pm

» Discussion on mechanism to aid investors, Conducted BY Hon Finance Minister
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:57 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by kadik Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:15 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000)

DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000)

+51
Quibit
ruwan326
Namal
Nethu
DS Wijesinghe
hirankb
lakshanbandara
Ranga_17
yasasncas
gdid
EquityChamp
Maxime
Teller
hiransilva23
indi009
opfdo
kuma524
Nuwan Samarawickrama
RPPA
Jana
sapumal
visionstar
stevenapple
PrabathR
Gainer
Top Trader
shan
eKelum
bandara 123
dhanurrox
Market Sucker
stockback
Aubrey Perera
VALUEPICK
Jiggysaurus
sew
Light of Hope
hello
dilruk raja
NZ BOY
KDDND
Slstock
suddera
mark
rijayasooriya
Hiru
arrowms
laki
SLinvestor_
WildBear
cse.alpha
55 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Mon May 14, 2018 9:39 pm

hirankb


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Fundamentals
FY17/18 PAT    -33 mn (loss)
PBV                 6.30   (against a sector PBV of .98)
ROE                 -7.30   ( against a sector ROE of >10)
PER                  -88 x (against a sector PER of 5.75)

technicals
RSI                   77  ( highly over bought)
CMF                  only .15 after years in  negative territory and even after a 600% price gain
OBV                  not following price move but diverging , now nose diving.

Rights ratio        3 for 5 . and that is approx 40% delusion. 

 
Current YOY average volume with a 600% upward price move almost equal to previous YOY average volume with near 0% price move. This is a clear indication the 600% price move during last 12 months was almost totally in-breeding and no new cashflow has come in as indicated by poor CMF reading. 

Unless the company has a mother load of gold stashed off-balance sheet or some politician/s is/are trying to launder their looted money , their is no indication this bullish sentiment is genuine.  

This company is in deep water looking for a life jacket. Pls see if there is any announcements indicating directors buying which I doubt. May be some investor is trying to buy this entity for it's licence. . My forecast is a price  around 35/= after X-rights date and 12/= to 15/= by 3 months after . If you realy want to invest in this sector at this point in time  , why don't you look at COCR. In any case ASI/S&P will only start to move when the CBSL will either shrink the Policy rate corridor further or loosen monetary policy by reducing  AWPLR .Newtons laws of Motion is some what applicable to capital markets as well when big moves are made . When price moves are microscopic , then Schrodinger's wave function and Heisenberg's uncertainty principle are more likely to apply in an abstract form at least Very Happy . This advice given without prejudice. Use your value judgment and make your move. 

If you ask me , I would rather extract my prostrate gland with a fork than buy this stock. 

Remember , if something is too good to be true it usually is.

Even with all this crap, I could be proven wrong as past performance is not a guarantee of future performance.  

Good luck with your investing.

102DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Tue May 15, 2018 6:35 pm

lakshanbandara


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@hirankb wrote:Fundamentals
FY17/18 PAT    -33 mn (loss)
PBV                 6.30   (against a sector PBV of .98)
ROE                 -7.30   ( against a sector ROE of >10)
PER                  -88 x (against a sector PER of 5.75)

technicals
RSI                   77  ( highly over bought)
CMF                  only .15 after years in  negative territory and even after a 600% price gain
OBV                  not following price move but diverging , now nose diving.

Rights ratio        3 for 5 . and that is approx 40% delusion. 

 
Current YOY average volume with a 600% upward price move almost equal to previous YOY average volume with near 0% price move. This is a clear indication the 600% price move during last 12 months was almost totally in-breeding and no new cashflow has come in as indicated by poor CMF reading. 

Unless the company has a mother load of gold stashed off-balance sheet or some politician/s is/are trying to launder their looted money , their is no indication this bullish sentiment is genuine.  

This company is in deep water looking for a life jacket. Pls see if there is any announcements indicating directors buying which I doubt. May be some investor is trying to buy this entity for it's licence. . My forecast is a price  around 35/= after X-rights date and 12/= to 15/= by 3 months after . If you realy want to invest in this sector at this point in time  , why don't you look at COCR. In any case ASI/S&P will only start to move when the CBSL will either shrink the Policy rate corridor further or loosen monetary policy by reducing  AWPLR .Newtons laws of Motion is some what applicable to capital markets as well when big moves are made . When price moves are microscopic , then Schrodinger's wave function and Heisenberg's uncertainty principle are more likely to apply in an abstract form at least Very Happy . This advice given without prejudice. Use your value judgment and make your move. 

If you ask me , I would rather extract my prostrate gland with a fork than buy this stock. 

Remember , if something is too good to be true it usually is.

Even with all this crap, I could be proven wrong as past performance is not a guarantee of future performance.  

Good luck with your investing.


Thank you for the detailed answer.

I also noticed a similar situation (Rights Issue & Price doubled in few months) with SHL.

SHL pricing seems to be fine.

Stock Prices:

Jan 29 - Rs 12.90

Mar 16 - Rs 24.30 (Announced)

Mar 27 - Rs 21.50 (XDate)

Apr 12 - Rs 21.30

May 15 - Rs 21.90

How do you compare CALF to SHL?

Open for all to comment...
Thank you.

103DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Wed May 16, 2018 9:24 am

hirankb


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Highly speculative counter. neither the fundamentals or technicals indicate any inherent driver for this doubling in price after reporting huge reduction in net profits. May be the rise is due to the possibility of SHL is eyed by a foreign investor. If you intend short term trades at considerable risk .. yes go ahead this is better than CALF. Any inside information is already reflected in price. With a ROE of only 0.8% , the shareholders are better off by getting dividend than passing 80% of profits to retained earnings which earns only at a rate of .8% . The ROE has to be higher than AWPLR , by at least by 4% to even trigger your interest as an investor. But if you intend day-trading, then keep your ear to the ground by going to the brokers trading area to seek the market gossip and earn a couple of bucks a day if you are lucky.

104DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 pm

gdid


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Yes in SHL case there was a private placement & a right issue. both were at price 17 that was the reason behind SHL. when come to CALF what I see is the Dialog. they are holding around 98.8% of shares in CALF after mandatory offer. so public float is around 1.2%. & Dialog initially paid 28.70/- per share. now the right issue is offer 23.30/- demand went up & due to limited supply share went up and up.

About financial yes there is a huge loss showing in there statement BUT if you go detail you will see the main reason for loss is Impairment loss. check segments main loss sectors are Factoring segment & treasury segment. There cash flow is positive this time.
After all my view is risk is too high but with Dialog & there ability to new innovations this share have expectations.

This is just my view & not a recommendation. comments are always welcome from everyone

105DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Thu May 17, 2018 4:13 pm

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
NAVPS is just Rs. 8/91 and trading at Rs. 61/- ???
One needs to be extremely brave and make a huge gamble to buy this stock @ 61/- when it’s NAVPS is just Rs. 8/91 and the company is making huge losses.
I am not saying Dialog is incapable of Turing around CALF. They can very well route some of their Group financial business requirements through CALF to turnaround the. Company. Then we need to ask ourselves why couldn’t their former owner Cargills failed to do so? It could be because they had the Bank to do so and it would be difficult to run 2 profitable financial institutions under the same group in today’s macro economic conditions.
In my opinion it is prudent to wait and see until Dialog turns around the company.

106DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Fri May 25, 2018 1:15 pm

Nethu


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
whats going with CALF...?

107DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Sat May 26, 2018 5:07 am

lakshanbandara

lakshanbandara
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@hirankb wrote:Highly speculative counter. neither the fundamentals or technicals indicate any inherent driver for this doubling in price after reporting huge reduction in net profits. May be the rise is due to the possibility of SHL is eyed by a foreign investor. If you intend short term trades at considerable risk .. yes go ahead this is better than CALF. Any inside information is already reflected in price. With a ROE of only 0.8% , the shareholders are better off by getting dividend than passing 80% of profits to retained earnings which earns only at a rate of .8% . The ROE has to be higher than AWPLR , by at least by 4% to even trigger your interest as an investor. But if you intend day-trading, then keep your ear to the ground by going to the brokers trading area to seek the market gossip and earn a couple of bucks a day if you are lucky.

On 25-May-2018 (yesterday) 5 pm the Colombo Trust Finance PLC (CALF) - EGM held at Sri Lanka Foundation Institute.

I asked the following question from the chairman:

"
CALF share price more than doubled in 3 months.

Feb 26th Price Rs 25
May 25th Price Rs 67

It's too good to be true.

On the other end,
1. company made loss at the P&L

2. Price to Book ratio is greater than 6, but should be less than 1

Mr. chairman, in your openion
What are the valid reasons (value additions) other than rights issue for this unusual trend in share price?
"

The answers I received from Chairman and Audience were:
"
1. They had no control (no manipulations) over share price.

2. Less shares and buying pressure may have created this unusual trend

3. Share holders may have trusted Dialog as the backing company
"

My concern is:
If no value additions to the share influenced to double it's price, after XDate of the rights issue, the market will correct itself and share holders will have to unload their stock before such corrections to avoid considerable losses.

In that note, with consideration I did not buy CALF shares targeting at the attractive rights issue.

108DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty CALF Mon May 28, 2018 9:32 am

Ranga_17


Stock Trader
With my short analysis CALF has a back up company which is Dialog. Someone buys this share because of Dialog exempt that there is no reason to buy this share in the market. Thus the company share will reduce to previous price limit after right issue some time less than Rs. 20. If you invest in short term this not a your investment.  Surprised

109DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Mon May 28, 2018 12:22 pm

lakshanbandara

lakshanbandara
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@Ranga_17 wrote:With my short analysis CALF has a back up company which is Dialog. Someone buys this share because of Dialog exempt that there is no reason to buy this share in the market. Thus the company share will reduce to previous price limit after right issue some time less than Rs. 20. If you invest in short term this not a your investment.  Surprised

I too agree with you.

But, today (after ex-rights date 26-May-2018), the market price is around Rs 45 to Rs 54.

In my calculations, selling price (to break-even with 14% FD in 3 months after 1.12% cost) should be Rs. 50.60 (Buying price averaged to Rs 48.30).

Why the market takes time to correct itself?

110DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Mon May 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Ranga_17


Stock Trader
Today CALF closing price is near Rs. 50 and no bids when closed the market. And most of buyers ask high price, the price will definitely go down on next couple of week. On other hand this share has less liquidity in the market because Dialog has captured near 99% of shares of the company as well as only 1% trading in the market which means share has less attraction for the public. Thus someone who buy this share who could not sell quickly in the market and high risk for price down of the share.

111DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:56 pm

Nethu


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
why is the sudden interest for CALF.. Will it move up further..?

112DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:16 am

Nethu


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
CALF GOING UP... HUGE BUYING.. IS THIS GOING UP FURTHER....? EXPERTS PLZ COMMENT...

113DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:19 pm

Namal


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Highly illiquid share.. someone coloct around 50-53 level... Most of minority shareholders sell there shares at this level.... MAY GO UP..

114DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:14 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Namal wrote:Highly illiquid share.. someone coloct around 50-53 level... Most of minority shareholders sell there shares at this level.... MAY GO UP..
Due to ongoing Rights my advice is avoid this share.

115DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Namal


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
someone plays a dirty game on this share...

116DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty CALF @ 23.30+ Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:12 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Namal wrote:someone plays a dirty game on this share...
If you like to buy CALF wait till Rights falls below 1/= and buy rights and convert by paying 23.30 + lol!

117DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Nethu


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
today right price went up to 24.9.

118DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:27 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Nethu wrote:today right price went up to 24.9.
Rare to see a Rights going up.......... Most of the time last day it will trade below 1/=

309Rights for 559 @ 23.30 +

lets wait till 14th and see Question

119DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:25 am

Nethu


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
no buying interest for rights and even share. less than 1000 shares buying in normal share.. is it worth to sell rights in even above 10.. experts plz explan..

120DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:47 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Nethu wrote:no buying interest for rights and even share. less than 1000 shares buying in normal share.. is it worth to sell rights in even above 10.. experts plz explan..
Unless you are willing to pay 23.30 and convert Rights you need to sell. On 14th, tomorrow Rights might fall less than Rs1/=. Afters rights renunciation price will further drop.

121DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty CALF News & Reports Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:07 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
DIALOG FINANCE PLC - RIGHTS ISSUE

https://cdn.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_an...547033614_.pdf

122DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
d

123DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:03 pm

කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
clown clown clown clown  රැපියල් 38 අරගෙන  රැපියල් 50  විකුනා දැමුවා. cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops

124DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Any Ideas on CALF Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:34 pm

Enoka Fernandez


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Please let me know if its worth to keep it or sell it.

125DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:32 pm

Vasyan


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Calf10

126DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:39 pm

SAGA


Moderator
Moderator
I feel this is a strategy by directors to get away from recent manipulation .so this right issue would be a way to justify the price hike.now they can clearly manipulate.even if they go ahead with this right issue it will still remain as illiquid since current issued shares at 108 min.
On a positive note better to hold it since every chance their for manipulation.but don't buy extra amount since nothing is there to back up financialy(financial figures of the company poor)

127DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:03 pm

SAGA


Moderator
Moderator
Game started again

128DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:53 am

Vasyan


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
recently I notice that  no one interested in this stock it means still big players are playing with this 

It will go again -- not like NIFL but it will pass its high 122/= very soon

129DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) - Page 5 Empty Re: DIALOG FINANCE PLC (CALF.N0000) Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:04 pm

SAGA


Moderator
Moderator
Agree.Suddenly so silent. saw some sudden up ward movement in the past 2 days but some one put more selling orders in small quantities and killed the movement.its like LOLC movement for last few days. Upward movement suddenly stopped by putting big sales quantities.Definetly silent collection goin on.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum