FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Posts = 58 & Reputation = 100. How can this possible?

+14
Slstock
UKboy
manula
rijayasooriya
Investor99
glwking
limestone
StocksWatch
Rajitha
mark
smallville
Rocky
Quibit
Carolis
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Carolis

Manager - Equity Analytics

no offense mate. I'm thinking how come this possible? There are so many members explain in depth details about stocks but dont get this kind of posts to rep ratio. How this possible? Tell me. Thanks

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Please read the forum help section regarding points and reputation. This question has been answered many timez in the forum. Please do not post without reading or searching the forum for previous posts. Search button is available in many places within the forum.

Carolis

Quibit wrote:Please read the forum help section regarding points and reputation
Thanks for the response Quibit. I understood very clearly how the Reps calculate. But my question is this guy a genius to get this many reps for such a small number of posts?

Quibit

I will ask moderators to look into the matter.

Carolis

Quibit wrote:I will ask moderators to look into the matter.
Thanks a lot Quibit

Rocky

Rocky
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Any sort of reputation scheme or points awarding system is not 100% perfect.
The system now in place is just to give the members a rough idea of the member who contributes and the level of experience and acceptance by the members in general.
There are excellent comments made by some members but not picked up due to the lack of communication skills.

There may be others who have a good number of friends on this forum and they {may} be givings + Reps indiscriminately. That can never be traced and challenged on the forum. What I suggest is that let it be for a while. Who cares much about the number of reps a particular 'King' has or a 'queen' does not have. The big question is does that person make sense? Is he want to get an inner sense of satisfaction by getting undue credit.

If any member is trying anything funny, the moderators will deal with him over time. You may request him for some pertinent information on what he had stated in the post and move on from there. Sifting is taking place and the chaff will disappear. Those who really want to do business on the CSE will contribute information that is worthwhile and not negative.

So members, please your right of choice with care and refrain from bringing discredit to this forum.

We cannot go to any other forum as all are investors check this forum prior to investing. If we want the world to invest in CSE, then we better behave at least now.

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

He's the guys behind the topic "Is this going to be another lackadaisical web forum" where he tried to entighten the promotional activities and may have colelcted the reps by doing so..
As Hybris_OS mentioned, its not the number of +s a person gets matters, its the value addition he brings in to the forum..

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

why he dont deserve it?just bcoz of that he pointed out the failures?
my idea is he deserve it,i may be wrong.......
btw quality of posts worth than the reputation points as small pointed out,any person have the right to vote as to his knowledge..
we want manipulation free forum Smile
will see who agree Very Happy

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Actually Some guy has been spamming + votes for me in the past week or so as well!

I had to work so hard to get those negative rep from the ignorant always wrong people! They were a testament to how wrong the majority were and how right I was ! Now I will have the same reps like the rest of mutual back scratching share promoting lot who are still slaves to the old promoted stocks and their thinking!

Please who ever been spamming those votes stop it! I enjoy those negative rep more!!

StocksWatch

The original poster of this thread is an admirer of SL.Market. See following thread for his comment. He says “Sl.Market I like your style. Please keep posting.”

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t5142p20-smlln-trading-below-44#38196

As glwking went against SL.Market, this person cannot tolerate him getting this much of positive reputation points. It is merely a petty personal issue. I don’t know why we should bother responding.

Carolis

mark wrote:why he dont deserve it?just bcoz of that he pointed out the failures?
btw quality of posts worth than the reputation points as small pointed out,any person have the right to vote as to his knowledge..

Hi dude, if he deserves that many reps for few posts then people like slstock, smallville innam etc should have 1000s of reps.

limestone

limestone

Since I joined this forum I used to look at the reputation points of the other people . but now I don’t care about the reputation marks as now I know about the people who make good posts. Some times, when I see those names I used to click even if I am not interested about the particular topic .

I don’t want to reveal those names as a matter of policy.

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Carolis wrote:
mark wrote:why he dont deserve it?just bcoz of that he pointed out the failures?

Hi dude, if he deserves that many reps for few posts then people like slstock, smallville innam etc should have 1000s of reps.

hehehe, you dont now mate how much reps i have given to those people,those are my teachers.respect them very much,you have just only gave 85 +reps up to now..
btw there is many posts which really deserve +reps,specially my guru smallville....slstock,small..etc are gems for this forum....
hope you ddnt jumbled up people who deserve reps Very Happy
good luck

Carolis

mark wrote:
Carolis wrote:

hehehe, you dont now mate how much reps i have given to those people,those are my teachers.respect them very much,you have just only gave 85 +reps up to now..
btw there is many posts which really deserve +reps,specially my guru smallville....slstock,small..etc are gems for this forum....
hope you ddnt jumbled up people who deserve reps Very Happy
good luck
Hi Mark please get my point. If I can learn something from someone I always give + reps. For me glwking's reps look very very unusual. Thats the only point I want to tell. If you think glwkings reps normal then slstock should have more than 5000 reps.

glwking

glwking

Even I was wondering I how I got this much reputation points. In fact I have commented in one of my post too. Honestly I don't any expect reputation point. In reality I am not going to contest election from this reputation points.

My humble request to Admin & moderators. Please remove my reputation points and make it to zero.

Investor99

Hi Guys and gals if this rep point is making such a big issue why don’t you restrict one rep point per day per person. So an individual can only vote for the best posting he/she thinks for the day

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Investor99 wrote:Hi Guys and gals if this rep point is making such a big issue why don’t you restrict one rep point per day per person. So an individual can only vote for the best posting he/she thinks for the day
Not a bad suggestion....But it is really an unnecessary thing to keep on discussing this reputation.
This like that sms thing in tv channels

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

I don"t know why this members are fighting for a small things like school children. Market has fallen and all the members portfolio is red and we have to see how we can cover over loss at least if possible. No matter who wrote what in the forum, u must have a brain to decide that other wise you will loose your money and not mine. For me this is very useful web forum and i have some members in mind writing good valuable topics and mostly i am concentrate on those topics only. Same time i agree this forum has to free from manipulators and rubbish. Hope moderators will do their work. Very Happy

UKboy

UKboy

Rajitha wrote:Actually Some guy has been spamming + votes for me in the past week or so as well!

I had to work so hard to get those negative rep from the ignorant always wrong people! They were a testament to how wrong the majority were and how right I was ! Now I will have the same reps like the rest of mutual back scratching share promoting lot who are still slaves to the old promoted stocks and their thinking!

Please who ever been spamming those votes stop it! I enjoy those negative rep more!!

No matter how much we argue. I always wanted to see you in + rep region. So gave few chances but man it was a very hard rescue mission Laughing

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Rajitha wrote:Actually Some guy has been spamming + votes for me in the past week or so as well!

Just for that you get a +rep.

Academic

I made you in positive region with a +rep. It is not always necessary to agree. The disagreements count more than agreements, sometimes. What we need is diversity. As a policy I have never given a - rep to any, check with my profile!

Hope you have the voting power now. So you are an adult again cyclops (just kidding)!

Indranige nandamma

Stock Trader

Carolis wrote:no offense mate. I'm thinking how come this possible? There are so many members explain in depth details about stocks but dont get this kind of posts to rep ratio. How this possible? Tell me. Thanks
This can be possible when someone trying to revealing about a stock or about a person.
In invest***.uk some lads and zingas pushed PCH to 30 using repeated posts. Many investors who bought PCH at that price are very much angry with Nizams and they will give many + to posts against Nizams. Zinga you are out here

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Indranige nandamma wrote:
Carolis wrote:no offense mate. I'm thinking how come this possible? There are so many members explain in depth details about stocks but dont get this kind of posts to rep ratio. How this possible? Tell me. Thanks
This can be possible when someone trying to revealing about a stock or about a person.
In invest***.uk some lads and zingas pushed PCH to 30 using repeated posts. Many investors who bought PCH at that price are very much angry with Nizams and they will give many + to posts against Nizams. Zinga you are out here
Nice username friend. Let us hope ur LELI will act intelligently. Wink

Carolis

Thanks alot for whoever gave me - reps for just for show something unusual. Even someone tried to say I support SL Market & thats why I opened this title. So simply go against with the flow I got - reps. You have to go with the flow to get + reps not the quality. Some gives + reps just because the other guy is a friend of yours or a result of an argument. Again not for Quality of the post. Crazy world. Smile

invest-abc

Carolis wrote:Thanks alot for whoever gave me - reps for just for show something unusual. Even someone tried to say I support SL Market & thats why I opened this title. So simply go against with the flow I got - reps. You have to go with the flow to get + reps not the quality. Some gives + reps just because the other guy is a friend of yours or a result of an argument. Again not for Quality of the post. Crazy world. Smile

Hey Bro, you may be right on this..I don't know....but for me this is an utter waste of time...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum