FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lets look at the Positive Side

+5
stockdad
MJ
manula
sajeethk
early
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lets look at the Positive Side Empty Lets look at the Positive Side Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:48 am

early

Manager - Equity Analytics

Yesterday, when I called my broker in the morning the ASI was down 105 points and he said some of their clients have sold off their entire portfolios.It could be same with other brokers too.A part of the portfolios that investors are disposing could be shares purchased on credit. If this continues most of the credit purchases with brokers would be cleared much before 30th September. Therefore the 30th September 25% credit clearence issue would not be an issue at all. Also the market showed strength towards end of the days trading and there seems to be strong support at ASI 6500 level.
Also, Sri Lanka is one of the best places to live right now.There is peace and economy is looking up. We have been protected from natural disasters and there is infrastructure development taking place around the Country.
I see a bright future for the country and the CSE too should perform very well once it tides over the present market correction.
Therefore, in my view we should think twice before selling off the valuable shares we have in our portfolios.

2Lets look at the Positive Side Empty Re: Lets look at the Positive Side Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:53 am

sajeethk

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

All the market there will be small down turn. however if medium and long run there will be a good positive growth ... since the GDP going above 7-9% there will be a good potential to grow the market too....

3Lets look at the Positive Side Empty Re: Lets look at the Positive Side Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:03 am

early

sajeethk wrote:All the market there will be small down turn. however if medium and long run there will be a good positive growth ... since the GDP going above 7-9% there will be a good potential to grow the market too....
Exactly.As you mention the GDP is at a very good level.There are also so many other positive indicators.We have to learn to be patient.We put money in fixed depsits at 6-7% annual interest and wait for one year without any complaints.Why cant we hold on to our share investements at least 6-12 months.The return could be even 100% depending on the shares we invest.

4Lets look at the Positive Side Empty Re: Lets look at the Positive Side Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:46 pm

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics

early wrote:Yesterday, when I called my broker in the morning the ASI was down 105 points and he said some of their clients have sold off their entire portfolios.It could be same with other brokers too.A part of the portfolios that investors are disposing could be shares purchased on credit. If this continues most of the credit purchases with brokers would be cleared much before 30th September. Therefore the 30th September 25% credit clearence issue would not be an issue at all. Also the market showed strength towards end of the days trading and there seems to be strong support at ASI 6500 level.
Also, Sri Lanka is one of the best places to live right now.There is peace and economy is looking up. We have been protected from natural disasters and there is infrastructure development taking place around the Country.
I see a bright future for the country and the CSE too should perform very well once it tides over the present market correction.
Therefore, in my view we should think twice before selling off the valuable shares we have in our portfolios.

I think the clients who are selling their full portfolio must be the people who don't have the holding power. Many invest in the market to get the gain in limited time. They have different reasons.. for example some people invest full of his saving for to build the house and to get good profit soon for his dream. so he does not like to wait. (i saw many posts like that in this forum).. so they cannot hold.. I think those type of people are leaving the market. These are the people who is going behind the rallies to become rich..double their money with in one day.. Actually we cannot call them investors..They will not think about the value of the share.. The real investors will stay in the market. They know what they are buying ..went to exit.. no rush.. Smile

5Lets look at the Positive Side Empty Re: Lets look at the Positive Side Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:19 pm

MJ

@ Majula

I personally believe that people who invest in CSE should look to have a balance between long term and short term.
With its past two years behavior, we all expect CSE to make our dreams come true in days….But this time though we all have to get there the hard way.

6Lets look at the Positive Side Empty Re: Lets look at the Positive Side Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:50 pm

stockdad

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

manula wrote:
early wrote:Yesterday, when I called my broker in the morning the ASI was down 105 points and he said some of their clients have sold off their entire portfolios.It could be same with other brokers too.A part of the portfolios that investors are disposing could be shares purchased on credit. If this continues most of the credit purchases with brokers would be cleared much before 30th September. Therefore the 30th September 25% credit clearence issue would not be an issue at all. Also the market showed strength towards end of the days trading and there seems to be strong support at ASI 6500 level.

I think the clients who are selling their full portfolio must be the people who don't have the holding power. Many invest in the market to get the gain in limited time. They have different reasons.. for example some people invest full of his saving for to build the house and to get good profit soon for his dream. so he does not like to wait. (i saw many posts like that in this forum).. so they cannot hold.. I think those type of people are leaving the market. These are the people who is going behind the rallies to become rich..double their money with in one day.. Actually we cannot call them investors..They will not think about the value of the share.. The real investors will stay in the market. They know what they are buying ..went to exit.. no rush.. Smile

I think you are in confusion. Those who are selling are not only the people who do not have the holding power.
It depends on yr view of the market at any given point in relation to a timeframe.
If one thinks that he can buy back the same shares sometime later at lower levels or
identifies a better alternative then he is very much justified in selling.
Alternatively there are other people who just keep on holding onto shares waiting for the market to improve.
This is what a market is. So many different people. You cannot call others are not investors and call them names just because they are not doing same as you.
Can understand ur worry because the losses suffered due to the market condition now.
But, then the market perception right now seems to be of a weaker market at least in the near future.
Buy and hold may be a good policy for some while for others may act according to their perception of the market in their given situation.
Market is the sum total of all these different views.

7Lets look at the Positive Side Empty Re: Lets look at the Positive Side Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:53 am

Aamiable

manula wrote:

Real investments take several months to give any benefits…. Stocks attract investments grow slowly step by step ….over several months ....investments and funds come to them time to time , ……what ever the investments made on them stay much longer than 5 days ,….. Investors do not expect profits and exit within few days……..all the investments do not take profits at the same time and exit …..Only few exit majority stay on a long term basis…..these stocks remain stable when the overall market is downwards...businesses continue to show outstanding profits…

Smile

8Lets look at the Positive Side Empty Re: Lets look at the Positive Side Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:13 am

ShareShares

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

early wrote:
sajeethk wrote:All the market there will be small down turn. however if medium and long run there will be a good positive growth ... since the GDP going above 7-9% there will be a good potential to grow the market too....
Exactly.As you mention the GDP is at a very good level.There are also so many other positive indicators.We have to learn to be patient.We put money in fixed depsits at 6-7% annual interest and wait for one year without any complaints.Why cant we hold on to our share investements at least 6-12 months.The return could be even 100% depending on the shares we invest.

Most of those stocks remained green on Friday seem to be stable, there may be a few speculative counters among them, faint heated and panic driven stocks were all sold out, and solid investment based stocks remained strong last week. Friday ended up with an upward movement, long-term investments might return to CSE Monday onwards.

9Lets look at the Positive Side Empty Re: Lets look at the Positive Side Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:06 pm

early

Agree with you shareshares.Presntly the market does not offer much for speculative trading.Only very skillful traders like some of the experts of this forum would be able to take the risk and make a gain in these market conditions. On the other hand solid investement based stocks are looking extrmely attractive, and as you mention, many investors may start to take mid - long term positions on these shares from Monday onwards.

10Lets look at the Positive Side Empty Re: Lets look at the Positive Side Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:48 pm

duke

If you think few days even few weeks of selling can clear the accumulated credit, then some government funds could have easily cleared out the credit. These days what brokers are doing hard is trying to control the 50% of the mountain not from growing further.

11Lets look at the Positive Side Empty Re: Lets look at the Positive Side Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:06 pm

aship

aship
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi friends,

When I ask about this downfall my broker used to say people buy without money and later selling at any price.

May be he is correct. Some are buying hoping the market will go up within 3-5 days and ending up with forced selling. In the meantime, some get panic and sold of their entire portfolio. Persons realized this few months ago exit with cash and now hunting slowly and steadily; also institutions and persons who have cash always.

Anyway, most of the retailers got affected badly.

I also wanted some cash for something to spend on. Now, I've got a loan for this matter and will not withdraw from my portfolio. When things become better I will settle the loan by selling some shares.

We'll hope for a better tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum