FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lessons-learned- Don’t be hurry Take the Time to Make the Right Decision

+4
rijayasooriya
thambi
invest-abc
thisarap
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

thisarap

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I have started dealing with CSE during last year with 100000 Rupees, when my starting period I had a lot of dreams some thing like double, or tribal share price and earning maximum profit. Due to this reason had the quick decision and followed manipulated shares some times withdraw money from credit card and invest, because I thought I can settle that amount from profit. But end of the result is 0.

Now I have realizes the situation 10% gain is maximum enough. My advice is every time doesn’t look at the short term profit. Invest some money for long term and balance amount you can use for the day to day transaction.

invest-abc

Manager - Equity Analytics

thisarap wrote:I have started dealing with CSE during last year with 100000 Rupees, when my starting period I had a lot of dreams some thing like double, or tribal share price and earning maximum profit. Due to this reason had the quick decision and followed manipulated shares some times withdraw money from credit card and invest, because I thought I can settle that amount from profit. But end of the result is 0.

Now I have realizes the situation 10% gain is maximum enough. My advice is every time doesn’t look at the short term profit. Invest some money for long term and balance amount you can use for the day to day transaction.

I think you are one of the luck once who learnt the hard way and survived at CSE. But majority would make mistakes and quit the markets very early.

thambi

thambi

i completely agree with you .... ive gone through the same thing

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

thisarap wrote:
Now I have realizes the situation 10% gain is maximum enough.

If u expect 10% per annum better to go for a FD in a good bank.

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

thisarap wrote:I have started dealing with CSE during last year with 100000 Rupees, when my starting period I had a lot of dreams some thing like double, or tribal share price and earning maximum profit. Due to this reason had the quick decision and followed manipulated shares some times withdraw money from credit card and invest, because I thought I can settle that amount from profit. But end of the result is 0.

if you expect 10% return per year from CSE is not worth, since now Banks for 9 to 9.5% for one year F.D, my expected return is 20 to 25% per year and i am happy that i able to achieve it

thisarap

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Gaja wrote:

if you expect 10% return per year from CSE is not worth, since now Banks for 9 to 9.5% for one year F.D, my expected return is 20 to 25% per year and i am happy that i able to achieve it

Yes Geja and Rajasooriya both you are correct .
But isn’t it good to have “less expectation – high returns”? This is always better than expecting too much at the beginning and feeling very low if your gamble is in vain..sometimes we could be lucky in our investments to hit a jackpot and feeling over the moon. One more thing; as I told you earlier, allotment in long term could generate perks as high as 100% or more .

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

thisarap wrote:
Gaja wrote:

But isn’t it good to have “less expectation – high returns”? This is always better than expecting too much at the beginning and feeling very low if your gamble is in vain..sometimes we could be lucky in our investments to hit a jackpot and feeling over the moon. One more thing; as I told you earlier, allotment in long term could generate perks as high as 100% or more .

Ha...Ha....Ha.....Hidden Dream...Very Good...Very Good....Wink

Last edited by rijayasooriya on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gaja

rijayasooriya wrote:
thisarap wrote:
Gaja wrote:

What i mean is what i do, once i decided to invest in share i will study about it whether it will give the expected return of mine, and if i satisfy i go for it and most of the times i got more than i expected sometime i stuck decided to sell of good example with me Asiri & Amsl, after holding for more than year i sold it for same price and now happy about the decision.

thisarap

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Gaja wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
thisarap wrote:
Gaja wrote:

What i mean is what i do, once i decided to invest in share i will study about it whether it will give the expected return of mine, and if i satisfy i go for it and most of the times i got more than i expected sometime i stuck decided to sell of good example with me Asiri & Amsl, after holding for more than year i sold it for same price and now happy about the decision.

cheers Don’t be hurry Take the Time to Make the Right Decision Smile cheers

Chinwi

Chinwi

thisarap wrote:

I think your inner mind was telling not about the annual return. 10% gain in one instance is achievable and you can repeat it many times during an year. (assume all gone OK)

If you invest 100,000 today to buy a share @ 10/- and if you sell it @ 11.00 tomorrow that is it. Your gain is 10,000 Rupees , 10% return. ( brokerage neglected)

At the same time, if it reached 25 or 30 after your selling - like HVA today- you may regret. Best thing is trying to have an idea of the real value of the share. - Which is somewhat difficult for a newcomer.

thisarap

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Chinwi wrote:
thisarap wrote:

I think your inner mind was telling not about the annual return. 10% gain in one instance is achievable and you can repeat it many times during an year. (assume all gone OK)

If you invest 100,000 today to buy a share @ 10/- and if you sell it @ 11.00 tomorrow that is it. Your gain is 10,000 Rupees , 10% return. ( brokerage neglected)

At the same time, if it reached 25 or 30 after your selling - like HVA today- you may regret. Best thing is trying to have an idea of the real value of the share. - Which is somewhat difficult for a newcomer.
Yes Chinwi per transaction gain 10% ok,I could be one day one or one year……………now a day most of the people are forget about fundamental values followed the manipulate shares . For example during the last period people are follow the Nation lanka finance and earned profit for sort period and came back to same position . The CLND also on same condition.

sajeethk

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

i think its happen cos of human nature. most dont have exit plan of investment particular shares. cos always expect to price go up and make big profit. but when price come down worry and waiting.. if some one have good exit plan of each share investment they can switch some share which low at same time.

Soundchips

market need to stabilize on investments......force selling may be still going on. ...still there are credit issues... until then ups and downs can be seen...

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Soundchips wrote:until then ups and downs can be seen...

Up and Downs have to be there brother...Otherwise how can we earn something Wink

thisarap

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

rijayasooriya wrote:
Soundchips wrote:until then ups and downs can be seen...

Up and Downs have to be there brother...Otherwise how can we earn something Wink

Yes At Least 2 or 3 green days and 3 or 2 Red days per week should be there for the strong market.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum