FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 9:31 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers...

+27
dishii
Aamiable
soileconomy
pkumara
rijayasooriya
arrowms
yoyo
mcqueen
GAIN
econ
bePositive
banarahu
Genting
Gaja
lamaya
Deva
Jana1
Marketinvest
Slstock
smallville
sapumal
PhilipW
Roboticfx
hariesha
RichDad
swan03
seyon
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... - Page 3 Empty Re: Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:53 pm

sumith9999

Stock Trader

Hi there,

According to my knowledge, No one can force sell, without informing the client. That is that must inform the client 'we have to force sell share xxx at xxx price to regularise account." "What do you say?? Can you deposit the money or shall we sell ??" If you can not deposit they will sell, if you deposit the due cash then no issue for them. It is the logical and correct thing to do by the broker. I think here ur advisor/dealer forgot to inform u and now ur advisor is trying to cover up his error?

You report this matter to CSE it is a violation of your rights. No one can force sell? Reason: we buy on credit even if we have cash in hand in our bank accounts - thinking we can shape it by selling quickly.

They must tell us b4 force selling so that we can withdraw cash and deposit to regularise the account. As simple as that. Although this did not happen to me I am very angry.!! Advice : I don't buy on credit even if I have small amount as Rs 500 on red side I deposit cash immediately so that I am square with them. Time to change ur broker as well!
sumith9999

52Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... - Page 3 Empty Re: Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:32 pm

investor1984

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

sumith9999 wrote:
Hi there,

According to my knowledge, No one can force sell, without informing the client. That is that must inform the client 'we have to force sell share xxx at xxx price to regularise account." "What do you say?? Can you deposit the money or shall we sell ??" If you can not deposit they will sell, if you deposit the due cash then no issue for them. It is the logical and correct thing to do by the broker. I think here ur advisor/dealer forgot to inform u and now ur advisor is trying to cover up his error?

You report this matter to CSE it is a violation of your rights. No one can force sell? Reason: we buy on credit even if we have cash in hand in our bank accounts - thinking we can shape it by selling quickly.

They must tell us b4 force selling so that we can withdraw cash and deposit to regularise the account. As simple as that. Although this did not happen to me I am very angry.!! Advice : I don't buy on credit even if I have small amount as Rs 500 on red side I deposit cash immediately so that I am square with them. Time to change ur broker as well!
sumith9999

Well sumith9999 u seems to be very rare breed in CSE , no one will go for credit if they got cash in hand , person might go for a day trade and maximum up to t+5 not till their counters get forced sell. and how sure are u that brokers can't force sell???? informing the client doing that is of-course good business ethic, which is something we sees rarely in today's business world.

53Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... - Page 3 Empty Re: Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:01 pm

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

dishii wrote:

Yes i agree with you on this "Do not pass your mistake to broker. any way i also do not recommend that thing if he force sell without informing investor. but dear friend you has tried earn money using Acuity Funds without using your money so how you are going to blame broker." The very same thing happened to me as well, last week my broker sold my shares without even informing me. But the thing is that he (name start with C) sold more than the credited value. Smile

"A stockbroker is an individual who is especially trained and certified to participate in the securities market on behalf of clients. "
most of the time my broker (c) not answering the phone. actually he's seems very very busy person ... then i meet guy on the 5th floor name Dilanjan ... i ask him to buy some shares he sold my HVA shares instantly with 15000/- loss (i got 5000 shares 17.6) ..... but he sold 15.... then purchase CSD at 19.6..... but now HVA reach almost 60 .... Smile .

As i earlier said brokers do not lend on free of charge, we paying interest on that. Now this all happened due to not proper understanding of the new rule, closer to the month end only top mgt realized that firm does not have a sufficient fund to lend to the retailers, that does not meant that they have rights to do the force selling of the innocent retail investors outstanding. I know well so called C, He does not care about the investors, Now the brokers are keen on achieving their target and tried to earn the commission as much as they can.

Same thing to happened to me also, After this incident My Adviser called me yesterday and briefed, He said after announcement of the new rule He was allocated to lend 10Mn for his clients and he also managed with in that limit. On closer to the month end, his manager instructed to reduce his consolidated exposure to 6Mn, the he was forced to sell of his all clients proportionately.

Now u can imagine the Acuity top management's responsibility. Even they don't know their net liquid position. I know some of them do not have any paper qualification. Still i am waiting CEO response to go for the Next step.

Last edited by seyon on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total

54Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... - Page 3 Empty Re: Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Thanks for the open discussion on the issue of force selling. ....Now realize that, still there is a possibility of credit based stocks declining further due to this effect of force selling which takes place time to time at the CSE......

Investment oriented stocks which grow on corporate earnings and cash rich conglomerates remains the safest option. ...This scenario seems to have been proven repeatedly at the CSE.... monday onwards I buy only stocks with good results..... That is the reason why it is important to stick to financial results all the time.... Smile Smile

55Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... - Page 3 Empty Re: Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:32 am

seyon

Hi Friends,

Today CEO replied me that the compliance officer is carrying out inquiry and will replay the final outcome within day or two.

The way he replied me shows me He is very genuine and helpful. So if someone ( Our forum members) were affected due to the forced selling by the Acuity Stockbrokers, You could also contact CEO. He can help you.

If u need contact details, u can contact me through the PM.

56Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... - Page 3 Empty Re: Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:45 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

seyon wrote:Hi Friends,

Today CEO replied me that the compliance officer is carrying out inquiry and will replay the final outcome within day or two.

The way he replied me shows me He is very genuine and helpful. So if someone ( Our forum members) were affected due to the forced selling by the Acuity Stockbrokers, You could also contact CEO. He can help you.

If u need contact details, u can contact me through the PM.

That is really a good news.I thought u would loose more money and time.

57Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... - Page 3 Empty Re: Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:36 am

Soundchips

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

seyon wrote:Hi Friends

Just now, i was shocked, when i open sold note, Some stocks have been forced sale. Ok let me brief my scenario, I have been mainly dealing with capital trust.

I am with Acuity due to my friend who is one the broker. Generally I don"t buy on credit whit Acuity. After announcement of relaxing credit, i just asked from my broker How much u can allow credit. He said 50% of my portfolio and u can settle with in one month, then i bought some stocks ( exposure about 40% of my portfolio), then on last Thursday He called me and told, his mangers requested to either settle or sell some stocks to reduce the exposure by 10% due to the month end regulator reporting, balance to be settled he can manage it for one month. Then i sold some stock on break-even and some are on small loss.

On Friday I did not get any calls from my brokers or even any other staff, Now the sold note shows the entire balance to be settled has been forced sale with out informing me. Now i called to my broker He said, due to the month end reporting, his manger did forced sale to some of A/c who has out standing. Then i asked that, You should have informed me, He said brokers has a right to do the force sale.

I do not worry, if they sold it on profit or even at break even. But what has happened it they sold of some stock @ very lowest price ( Buyers quote) and this results the huge loss.

Friends pls help to this situation, Can i make a complaint to SEC. As per my understanding, I really do not know whether the broker has a right to forced sale or not, even if he has a right He must have to inform to the clients for the option before selling Am I right.

But nothing was happened to my case. So Friends whoever dealing with Acuity Pls be careful and check with ur Portfolio.

Friends Pls help on this.

Aug 31, 2011 ... not so long ago..

58Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... - Page 3 Empty Re: Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 am

mono

mono

CEO is my friend is a really nice guy Smile

Acuity is generally a nice brokerage a lot more genuine than most, although a little bit more incompetent as well.

59Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... - Page 3 Empty Re: Be careful with Acuity Stockbrokers... Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:08 am

Soundchips

More credit again and force selling again...another episode?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum