FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to grab some shares !!!

+11
Rajaraam
kam2011
TortoizePlus
smallville
manula
rubber.trader
Tiger
Kumar
Stockmate
Universalgoal
Think9
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:52 am

Think9

Think9
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

GM all ! with the limited time i have, i have no time to write essays and explain all..

If the mkt turns red ( has a 80% chance of been red ), it will be the time to collect some shares for a better tomorrow.

some of the shares you guys need to look into : CWM / TAFL below 95 / ODEL / JINS below 14 / KOTA (MT) / COCO / HWPR .

2Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:04 am

Universalgoal

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Odel ? Surprised Surprised Surprised

Last edited by Universalgoal on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

3Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 am

Stockmate

Manager - Equity Analytics

Do not buy on credit

4Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:28 am

Think9

Think9

Do not buy on credit

thats obvious isnt it ? lol..

5Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:45 am

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Universalgoal wrote:Odel ? Surprised Surprised Surprised

No answer from anyone?

6Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:08 am

Tiger

Tiger

I would like to stay away from all of that.
I do not get involved in speculative shares or chicken, its against my ethical norms.

7Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:16 am

rubber.trader

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Think9 wrote:GM all ! with the limited time i have, i have no time to write essays and explain all..

If the mkt turns red ( has a 80% chance of been red ), it will be the time to collect some shares for a better tomorrow.

some of the shares you guys need to look into : CWM / TAFL below 95 / ODEL / JINS below 14 / KOTA (MT) / COCO / HWPR .

Good god man, didn't you buy these shares when they were trading at a never to be repeated, once in a lifetime bargain price on the 28th of November? Are you saying these shares will dip below those never to be repeated prices? What they already have? silent

8Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 am

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Think9 wrote:
Do not buy on credit

not on the credit and has to have a holding power for some time

9Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:26 am

rubber.trader

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

manula wrote:
Think9 wrote:
Do not buy on credit

So why buy and hold? Why not hold your cash and buy when the market reaches the bottom? The often repeated quote that 'no one can predict the market bottom' is a quote that's only repeated in this forum. You will not find that statement in a trading/investing book.
The likes of stocksmate and the new technical analyst at BRS will spot the bottom with their eyes closed.
Recently Sriranga had posted an article which explains several different techniques that one may adapt to identify the bottom.

The idea is that you don't actually try to predict the bottom. You can spot the bottom quite easily after it has formed. So instead of buying a share at 100, seeing it drop to 70 then slowly crawl back upto 100 again and killing yourself with stress. Better to wait for the share to hit 70, go up to the first resistance level and buy if it breaks through? If it doesn't break through, what you had is a false bottom and the prices will drop further. This approach will for sure get you a price better than the 100 you are willing to pay now.

10Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:44 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

manula wrote:
Think9 wrote:
Do not buy on credit

see rubber.trader has a point there too..

Why u buy high and hold on to it if you know u can buy it low?

What I'm doing now is; I wait for my favourite counters to hit low to collect, then again I buy small 100 quantities for various prices to see whether I can do a swing/short term trade till it reach those levels.. If not its not a big loss either..

11Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:02 pm

TortoizePlus

TortoizePlus

rubber.trader wrote:
manula wrote:
Think9 wrote:
Do not buy on credit

So why buy and hold? Why not hold your cash and buy when the market reaches the bottom? The often repeated quote that 'no one can predict the market bottom' is a quote that's only repeated in this forum. You will not find that statement in a trading/investing book.
The likes of stocksmate and the new technical analyst at BRS will spot the bottom with their eyes closed.
Recently Sriranga had posted an article which explains several different techniques that one may adapt to identify the bottom.

The idea is that you don't actually try to predict the bottom. You can spot the bottom quite easily after it has formed. So instead of buying a share at 100, seeing it drop to 70 then slowly crawl back upto 100 again and killing yourself with stress. Better to wait for the share to hit 70, go up to the first resistance level and buy if it breaks through? If it doesn't break through, what you had is a false bottom and the prices will drop further. This approach will for sure get you a price better than the 100 you are willing to pay now.

It seems you have a great ability to predict the bottom of some stocks. Can you please give me some examples of some stocks which are in the bottom now?
I am planning to buy some SAMP, will it drop to 160-170? if so when?
I am planning to buy some KGAL, will it drop to 70-80? if so when?

Thanks in advance.

12Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:16 pm

manula

smallville wrote:
manula wrote:
Think9 wrote:
Do not buy on credit

see rubber.trader has a point there too..

Why u buy high and hold on to it if you know u can buy it low?

What I'm doing now is; I wait for my favourite counters to hit low to collect, then again I buy small 100 quantities for various prices to see whether I can do a swing/short term trade till it reach those levels.. If not its not a big loss either..

no one can predict the bottom correctly. The better way is buying small quantites like small says buying 100 quantity for variours prices.. if you seen the market same thing is happen every day ..trading small qunatity of shares.. if it falling less you can do short term tradae or to hold ...

13Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Tiger

Tiger

TortoizePlus wrote:

It seems you have a great ability to predict the bottom of some stocks. Can you please give me some examples of some stocks which are in the bottom now?

Thanks in advance.

Please help me too. Please let me know the possible bottoms of DOCK, JKH, GLAS,.. .
Also would appreciated if you can tell if there is any stock that has bottomed out at current level.
Thanks in advance.

14Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Think9

Think9

TortoizePlus wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Please help me too. Please let me know the possible bottoms of DOCK, JKH, GLAS,.. .
Also would appreciated if you can tell if there is any stock that has bottomed out at current level.
Thanks in advance.

why dont u tel us the bottom level of all the shares ?? LOL . ill give u Rs. 50,000 for each share if u guess it right. lol
Thanks in advance.

15Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Tiger

Tiger

rubber.trader wrote:
The idea is that you don't actually try to predict the bottom. You can spot the bottom quite easily after it has formed. Better to wait for the share to hit 70, go up to the first resistance level and buy if it breaks through? If it doesn't break through, what you had is a false bottom and the prices will drop further.

I appreciate what you are trying to say. This is kind of approach that technical traders would do. But it doesn't mean that its the only correct way. In a small and illiquid market I don't know how accurate these will work.

Thanks for your thoughts.

16Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:48 pm

kam2011

Dear Think9,
I guess TotoizePlus asking the questions from 'rubber.trader'. I am also waiting good explanation from him about the bottom of shares stated by TotoizePlus coz I too feel 'rubber.trader' has good analytical mind in shares.

17Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:31 pm

TortoizePlus

TortoizePlus

kam2011 wrote:Dear Think9,
I guess TotoizePlus asking the questions from 'rubber.trader'. I am also waiting good explanation from him about the bottom of shares stated by TotoizePlus coz I too feel 'rubber.trader' has good analytical mind in shares.

Yes I asked the question from rubber.trader?

@rubber.trader
I would like to make life much easier to you?. Please send me the bottom of two best rubber stocks KGAL and HOPL?

I will appriciate any fundemantal or technical expalnations...

Thanks

18Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:05 pm

rubber.trader

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

My dear marketwatch, tiger and other falling knife catchers,

I have absolutely no idea what will be the bottom of HOPL, KGAL, DOCK or any other share.

Let me remind you what I actually said:
"The idea is that you don't actually try to predict the bottom. You can spot the bottom quite easily after it has formed. "

All these share will hit the bottom sooner or later (most likely later). KGAL might find a bottom at 99 or 70 or 50 or even 10 but it's not my intention to guess what that bottom price will be.

Now once the bottom is formed, spotting that bottom is easy as shooting at a barn door with a shotgun. Anyone can do it. For some pointers please refer to Sriranga's recent article.

Read any book, just any book on trading and they will all tell you "NEVER TRY TO CATCH THE FALLING KNIFE, wait till it falls to the ground and pick it up"

Remember HOPL has fallen all the way from 96 people thought it attractive at 90, 80, 76, 60, 50, 40, 35 and now it's 34

19Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:35 pm

TortoizePlus

TortoizePlus

Thanks..

Now it is clear..
People can try to predict...
but no one can do it to the point….
It is very difficult to time the market..

20Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:44 pm

manula

[quote="manula)no one can predict the bottom correctly. The better way is buying small quantites like small says buying 100 quantity for variours prices.. if you seen the market same thing is happen every day ..trading small qunatity of shares.. if it falling less you can do short term tradae or to hold ...[/quote]

by TortoizePlus on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Thanks..

Now it is clear
People can try to predict...
but no one can do it to the point….
It is very difficult to time the market..

That true... no one can predict correctly but as market flcuation pattern we can get some idea of the price change if you study carefully.. so if you are active investor in the marekt better buy small qunatites and average if required.

21Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Kumar

Kumar

Read this article
http://www.thedigeratilife.com/blog/index.php/2008/11/07/10-signs-of-a-stock-market-bottom/

22Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:11 pm

rubber.trader

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I wonder why people are working so hard to convince themselves and others that market bottoms are so hard to spot. Nothing could be easier. it's probably the easiest thing in investing.

One argument is that it's pointless to spot a bottom after it has happened. Say what? Since a typical bull run lasts more than an year and momentum builds up slowly it really does not matter if we only spot the bottom only a month or two after it has occurred

Sure beats buying halfway down and holding for 6 months till the market touches the bottom.

23Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:18 am

Rajaraam

rubber.trader wrote:I wonder why people are working so hard to convince themselves and others that market bottoms are so hard to spot. Nothing could be easier. it's probably the easiest thing in investing.

One argument is that it's pointless to spot a bottom after it has happened. Say what? Since a typical bull run lasts more than an year and momentum builds up slowly it really does not matter if we only spot the bottom only a month or two after it has occurred

Sure beats buying halfway down and holding for 6 months till the market touches the bottom.

Dear friend, If someone wants to earn money from stock trading no need to wait till it's uptrend. Even in the bear you can make some money. Why not we do that rather than crying saying market would be dropped further and so on. Really I cant understand why such ppl are posting in this forum without doing any business in the stock market.

24Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:13 am

rubber.trader

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Rajaraam wrote:
rubber.trader wrote:I wonder why people are working so hard to convince themselves and others that market bottoms are so hard to spot. Nothing could be easier. it's probably the easiest thing in investing.

Dear friend, If someone wants to earn money from stock trading no need to wait till it's uptrend. Even in the bear you can make some money. Why not we do that rather than crying saying market would be dropped further and so on. Really I cant understand why such ppl are posting in this forum without doing any business in the stock market.

I assume you would have read at least one book in trading (any book will do). Every single book on trading say don't catch the falling knife for a very good reason. It's being tried and tested by ametures for over a century and it's proven not to work.

If you have actually succeeded in making money by catching the falling knife consistently you should immediately do a phd and write a book.

Some really expert traders might in fact make money catching the falling knife, but such experts don't make the sort of wild predictions that you have scattered throughout this forum, so you will find it rather difficult to convince many of us that you actually succeeded at something that even the likes of Larry Williams failed at.

25Time to grab some shares !!!  Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:01 pm

cseguide

cseguide

Rajaraam wrote:

well said Raja

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum