FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to grab some shares !!!

+11
Rajaraam
kam2011
TortoizePlus
smallville
manula
rubber.trader
Tiger
Kumar
Stockmate
Universalgoal
Think9
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Kumar

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Read this article
http://www.thedigeratilife.com/blog/index.php/2008/11/07/10-signs-of-a-stock-market-bottom/

27Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:11 pm

rubber.trader

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I wonder why people are working so hard to convince themselves and others that market bottoms are so hard to spot. Nothing could be easier. it's probably the easiest thing in investing.

One argument is that it's pointless to spot a bottom after it has happened. Say what? Since a typical bull run lasts more than an year and momentum builds up slowly it really does not matter if we only spot the bottom only a month or two after it has occurred

Sure beats buying halfway down and holding for 6 months till the market touches the bottom.

28Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:18 am

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

rubber.trader wrote:I wonder why people are working so hard to convince themselves and others that market bottoms are so hard to spot. Nothing could be easier. it's probably the easiest thing in investing.

One argument is that it's pointless to spot a bottom after it has happened. Say what? Since a typical bull run lasts more than an year and momentum builds up slowly it really does not matter if we only spot the bottom only a month or two after it has occurred

Sure beats buying halfway down and holding for 6 months till the market touches the bottom.

Dear friend, If someone wants to earn money from stock trading no need to wait till it's uptrend. Even in the bear you can make some money. Why not we do that rather than crying saying market would be dropped further and so on. Really I cant understand why such ppl are posting in this forum without doing any business in the stock market.

29Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:13 am

rubber.trader

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Rajaraam wrote:
rubber.trader wrote:I wonder why people are working so hard to convince themselves and others that market bottoms are so hard to spot. Nothing could be easier. it's probably the easiest thing in investing.

Dear friend, If someone wants to earn money from stock trading no need to wait till it's uptrend. Even in the bear you can make some money. Why not we do that rather than crying saying market would be dropped further and so on. Really I cant understand why such ppl are posting in this forum without doing any business in the stock market.

I assume you would have read at least one book in trading (any book will do). Every single book on trading say don't catch the falling knife for a very good reason. It's being tried and tested by ametures for over a century and it's proven not to work.

If you have actually succeeded in making money by catching the falling knife consistently you should immediately do a phd and write a book.

Some really expert traders might in fact make money catching the falling knife, but such experts don't make the sort of wild predictions that you have scattered throughout this forum, so you will find it rather difficult to convince many of us that you actually succeeded at something that even the likes of Larry Williams failed at.

30Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:01 pm

cseguide

Rajaraam wrote:

well said Raja

31Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:16 pm

lokuayya

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

yes,those people are not interested in stocks but still posting .i request admin to open new forum for those who are not interested in shares .i think srilankafixeddepositforum.lk is a suitable name for that.

32Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Rajaraam

lokuayya wrote:yes,those people are not interested in stocks but still posting .i request admin to open new forum for those who are not interested in shares .i think srilankafixeddepositforum.lk is a suitable name for that.

Good suggestion lokuayya, I second that.

33Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:29 am

ct.trader

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Rajaraam wrote:
lokuayya wrote:yes,those people are not interested in stocks but still posting .i request admin to open new forum for those who are not interested in shares .i think srilankafixeddepositforum.lk is a suitable name for that.

Good suggestion lokuayya, I second that.

Excellent suggestion! Fixed deposits give about 10% return

34Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:08 am

csehistorian

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Excellent idea! those who sold at the time you made this suggestion would have already made 1% from interest. The market meanwhile has dropped 15% during that same time.

35Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:31 pm

lokuayya

exactly historian ,leave equity market to risk takers ,long term investors,
you and others can enjoy 15% return and write to the fixede deposit forum.
better leave the equity forum for high risk takers.
you will be safe
hope you have no any other political agendas

36Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:43 pm

csehistorian

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

lokuayya wrote:exactly historian ,leave equity market to risk takers ,long term investors,
you will be safe

The sheer stupidity of some of the forum members is astonishing.

Moving out of equity markets into other investments when the market starts a downwards trend is a part of the risk management process! but people who are completely ignorant of even the basics preaching to all and sundry is the norm rather than the exception over here.

37Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 pm

lokuayya

this is what i am saying,if you feel you are not safe in equity then you can and you have right to sell and invest somewhere else.that is fine.
why dont stop at that? some say they have sold but come back to forum to scare away the existing investors from the market by manipulatively scaring others.that is manipulative.those people try to get advantage by scaring away investors from market are manipulators.
if you are in fixed deposit then you should be happy but why try to evict all the investors from the market. you know there should be some holder for equity, because all the investors cannot go out of ownership. many holders are long term investors.there must be a owner,shares cannot be without an owner.
continuous meddling ,scaring,discouraging long term investors and those who have some interest in in equity is manipulative.manipulation ,..that is a criminal offense in many countries. that is why i said these forums must be regulated ,if something is proven or suspicious as manipulative he or she must be tried under criminal law.you or me.including me.
i am ready to prove me under the law.law is equal to me or you. if you read carefully some serial comments by some, you can identify which is manipulative or which is just an innocent reaction from a layman.these manipulation has gone to disgusting levels. so law enforcing authorities must step in.sabotaging an equity market of a country must be taken seriously because i see some of those who write baseless scaring comments(forgive me,pls exclude those who write with facts, scaring or encouraging) are trading type people who have other agendas ,and some people working for some funds.
so ,to avoid such things sec should have a close look .try to identify people whether they are individuals or paid promoters or demoters.
real identity or facility to track through ip address must be maintained by authorities,otherwise so many manipulative forums can pop up like mushrooms.

38Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:15 pm

lokuayya

csehistorian wrote:
lokuayya wrote:exactly historian ,leave equity market to risk takers ,long term investors,
you will be safe

Moving out of equity markets into other investments when the market starts a downwards trend is a part of the risk management process! but people who are completely ignorant of even the basics preaching to all and sundry is the norm rather than the exception over here.

it is astonishing to see that a good Samaritan dump his shares to a ignorant poor soul and come back and preach others to safeguard themselves. if you know very well share price is going down why should you put the pain on an ignorant soul.is this your risk management?why you didnt tell your buyer " please dont buy ?"
better to be frank, genuine, if you say" i dumped my shares on an ignorant man and now i am trying hard to push the market down to buy it back cheap".that kind of comment may be more trustable.

39Time to grab some shares !!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to grab some shares !!! Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:48 am

csehistorian

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

lokuayya wrote:
csehistorian wrote:
you will be safe

it is astonishing to see that a good Samaritan dump his shares to a ignorant poor soul and come back and preach others to safeguard themselves. if you know very well share price is going down why should you put the pain on an ignorant soul.is this your risk management?why you didnt tell your buyer " please dont buy ?"
better to be frank, genuine, if you say" i dumped my shares on an ignorant man and now i am trying hard to push the market down to buy it back cheap".that kind of comment may be more trustable.

I assure you that I did nothing of the kind. I tried to dissuade them from purchasing my shares but one group practically crawled on all fours begging me to sell me their stuff. They said all the warnings on the forum about the bear market were bunch of lies so what can I do?

Yet another group thought they were buying the bargains of a lifetimes and they were picking stocks at never to be seen again prices. (and they are right, we may never see GREG.w3 trade at 25 again)

The other lot thought 'it was time to grab some shares, the market has turned'

The last group thought another group was engaged in 'final desparate buying' and wanted to outbid them. They thought buying shares is like buying petrol on last saturday evening.

So I didn't sell any of my shares to unsuspecting buyers. They all thought I was a fool for selling.

As for trying to force the prices lower so that I can buy back; I am sorry to dissapoint you, i have no intention of buying back anytime soon.

The Central Bank is doing such a wonderful job of pushing the prices down, they don't need anyone's help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum