FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Yesterday at 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Yesterday at 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by God Father Yesterday at 5:49 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Yesterday at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Sun May 19, 2024 7:28 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you guys notice this cash map

+7
2011_NewComer
Leo
charith82
K.Haputantri
chamith
suja
MY MONEY
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:23 am

MY MONEY

MY MONEY
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Have you guys notice this cash map Cash_m11

2Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 am

suja

Hi , what does it mean?

3Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:38 am

chamith

chamith
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Buying 96.06%

4Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:39 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

suja wrote:Hi , what does it mean?

It means the market is dominated by buyers as a percentage of buying against selling. For example if the first trade is a buy cash map will show 100% buy(green) at that moment and if the first trade is a sell, cash map will show 100% sell(red) at that moment. If buys and sells are equal value at any given moment cash map will show 50% buy(green) 50% sell(red) at any given moment. This is an indicater of market performance at any given moment.

5Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:43 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

But be carefull as a single transaction might give an illusive figure of 100% buy(green) signal or 100% sell(red) signal early in the morning. Hence, you need to look at the number of transactions and the volume also to understand the real market performance.

6Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 pm

charith82

Manager - Equity Analytics

Can you please explain me how it works. If some one selling there should be a buyer to buy. so cash map always be 50% 50% ne. what is the exact logic?

7Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:35 pm

MY MONEY

MY MONEY

its stays how you place your order

8Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:43 pm

MY MONEY

MY MONEY

now its 97.28

9Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Leo

Leo

Ex - Bid 1000 shares @ Rs 10
offer 500 Shares @ Rs 10.10

If some one buys (from an offer) 100 shares @ 10.10 , that mean the cash map is positive (green)

Vise versa, if some one sells (to a bidder) 200shares @ 10, that means the cash map is negative (red)

So thats what the cash map means. So more green mean more demand.

10Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:17 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

charith82 wrote:Can you please explain me how it works. If some one selling there should be a buyer to buy. so cash map always be 50% 50% ne. what is the exact logic?

It works like this. When you open the order book(Market depth in DirectFn) you see there are bids & offers. When you buy a share, you can always buy from the matching offers in the order book. Even if you place orders without examining the order book the system will always execute the best bid or offer as the case may be. Say the best offer is for Rs:12.00 & you want to buy that particular share @ Rs:12.00 that transaction is called a "buy" because you decided to buy. Seller in this case is neutral. Conversly, if you want to sell the same share @ the best bid price in the order book (say Rs:12.50) that transaction is called a "sell" because you decided to sell. The buyer in this case is neutral. Its true that each transaction has a buyer and a seller but what is important is your initial action, whether it is a buy decision or sell decision which completed the transaction. You buy what is best offerred in the offer side of the order book and you sell @ best bid price in the order book. Hence, for determination of buy or sell action depends on the action of the mover of the transaction and not the other party involved who is neutral. Each share has a cash map and the summation of all the cash maps becoms the cash map for the CSE. I think this explains your quarry.

11Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:40 pm

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

I think today's green cash map (95%) is due to the crossings. Because all the crossings are as 100% green.
(Just a guess, not sure.)

Smile

12Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:52 pm

charith82

Thanks very mach to Leo and Haputhantri for your comprehensive explanations. this gives me lots of knowledge.

13Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:42 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

2011_NewComer wrote:I think today's green cash map (95%) is due to the crossings. Because all the crossings are as 100% green.

Smile

U are correct.It is simple mathematics.

14Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Leo

Leo

2011_NewComer wrote:I think today's green cash map (95%) is due to the crossings. Because all the crossings are as 100% green.

Smile

yes true

15Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Jana1

If you wanna really check the reliability of cash map, Just sell 100 shares and see whether it shows sell or buy? I have few experience that this is just fake. When I sold (matched with existing order) to some1 It was saying buying. That s how this system works. Be careful when u put ur money in bear mkt.

Even sumtimes DirctFN price range also wrong. U can identify if u exactly follow one share... Some f u guys may have sum experiences...

16Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:22 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Smile

U are correct.... As per DFN All crossing are toady 100% green in cash map

17Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Light of Hope

Apart from DFN, is there any other way to check this?

18Have you guys notice this cash map Empty Re: Have you guys notice this cash map Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:15 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

CDAX do not have this data.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum