FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Portfolio Challenge: Round 1

+107
widanage
Maximin
total
colsol
IceMan
kasun333
morros
Chabbi
Rajitha
TANIYA
Meta Trader
upuldi
Belgrade
worthiness
MoneyMaker
raa
pushpe
Ben Graham
uditha9
SpaceCab
marketsee
UKboy
Mr. Frodo
kj
onasis
gamaya
xhora
kiri
mark
chap
MarketSIRA
Akalanka
kiwi
Thor
salimts
stockanalytic
maalinda
innam
DXB2252
Milindaperera
THIRU
san1985
Pira
million
mono
ROHAN
SmartMoney
High.Risk.High.Return
ruchira nirash
npc86
wallstreetguy
2011_NewComer
deal
hunter
Rocky
tubal
FIRE123
CHASE
kumaramcr
Aro
Backstage
Investor
SL.Market
TuskerLK
janakathush
avilon
Stefan
rm
Slstock
dissanayake.asela
Aamiable
Monster
imsan
Antonym
kuk83
gann
Gaja
chamith
wmdcf
gunbuddy
banarahu
soileconomy
traderJack
chamarahs
KPMG
optimistic
seyon
wiser
anu
Max
ShareShares
gamester
smallville
CSE Today
Kaush
milanka
kam2011
godswen
cse.mkt
gfte
ipoguru
tkc
jaya
DeAmO
wikum100
StocksWatch
Quibit
111 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 13]

101Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 2:46 pm

CHASE

Manager - Equity Analytics

I would do

CIC 250,000.00
NTB 250,000.00
CDB 250,000.00
UBC 250,000.00

Chears

102Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Can anyone of the volunteers/members undertake to compute a worksheet as per the format given below;

Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Portfo10

Last edited by Quibit on Mon May 02, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

103Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 3:27 pm

SL.Market

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Quibit wrote:Can anyone of the volunteers undertake to compute a worksheet as per the format given below;

Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Game10

Of Course....

After 4th I will update this and forward you...

104Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Quibit

Hey SL.Market,

Thanks. your gesture is very much appreciated......
I will email you the format so that you could enter the data accordingly.
This computation would be very interesting as it will indicate the most favorite stocks.

Together we will publish this statement any day after the entry deadline of 4th May and followed by the final computation after 31st May 2011.

I am sure there will be few more members who would help us.

Qubi

Last edited by Quibit on Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

105Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm

FIRE123

pch-250000
cinv-250000
greg.n-200000
kota-100000
cflb-200000

106Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 3:45 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market

Quibit wrote:Hey SL.Market,

Thanks. your gesture is very much appreciated......
I will email you the format so that you could enter the data accordingly.
This computation would be very interesting as it will indicate the most favorite stocks.

Together we will publish this statement any day after the entry deadline of 4th May and followed by the final computation after 31st May 2011.

I am sure there will be few more members who would help us.

Qubi

You are welcome...

I gain lot of knowlege from this forum and some other in earlier ..

Therefore we have to do something as we can... It is our resonsability i believe..

107Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 4:18 pm

tubal

Quibit wrote:Can anyone of the volunteers/members undertake to compute a worksheet as per the format given below;

Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Portfo10

It would be very much easier for the tournament directors if this was made a google docs spreadsheet. Then all the tournament directors can work on the same document and it's accessible to all. The question of 'are you editing the right version of the spreadsheet? I emailed you a new one 10 minutes ago' will not arise.

108Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 4:21 pm

Rocky

Rocky
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I generally do not gamble with my money/
But with my extra sensory perception I would be able to win this prize.

1) HHL - 500,000
2) CFVF - 300,000
3) TWOD - 100,000
4) RICH - 100,000
Total -1,000,000

Please do not buy shares based on the above split in real life.

109Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Quibit

Hey Tubal,
Yes agreed. we should work on a google doc. that make life easier and also it will be viewable to all members.

Google Page Link
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en&hl=en&key=tm0igzW4q5oGDrF9Oh0WhGw&authkey=CPXauvUI#gid=0

110Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 5:26 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market

Quibit wrote:Hey Tubal,
Yes agreed. we should work on a google doc. that make life easier and also it will be viewable to all members.

Google Page Link
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en&hl=en&key=tm0igzW4q5oGDrF9Oh0WhGw&authkey=CPXauvUI#gid=0

Great... Plz let me know when you necessary to edit the google documents.. probably after 4th...

111Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 6:00 pm

hunter

hunter

Nice competition! Very Happy
I'd Hunt the following.

RHL.N: 200k
TPL.N: 200k
COCO.N: 200k
CDB.N: 200k
DIMO.N: 200k

Last edited by hunter on Tue May 03, 2011 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

112Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 6:45 pm

deal

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

FOR MAY

DIMO 500,000
CDB 250,000
GREG N 150,000
LDEV 100,000

HAPPY TRADING...

113Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 7:14 pm

banarahu

banarahu

Wow... genius idea Quibit, This makes the forum more active... good luck

114Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 7:27 pm

banarahu

banarahu

hey,
I only Mentioned the company symbol, but not specified it as X,N, or warrants...
Can I change it to the specified symbol now ?
If I can't change it, then what will be the default selection ?

The competition starts on 4th.. so u still have time Wink

115Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 8:02 pm

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

Google Page Link

Quibit - I created a sample google spread sheet for this..
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkNY1poe6rzodHk4Wm1DOW9TU3hXMW9vRi1WZi1mVFE&hl=en&authkey=CLrHt_cH
Got the company list from cse 'Today's Share Price List' exel. You can tell the users to enter their values directly in the google doc, then admins won't have much work.. and on 4th and 31st we can directly get the closing price from the cse exel and copy paste easily to this.
One issue is anyone can edit anything here, so best thing will be to users to enter their values on the post and the excel both. then at the end admins can verify them with the post's values.

(If you need I can give you the excel, so that you can upload it your self and have full control) Smile

116Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Quibit

2011_NewComer wrote:

Google Page Link

Quibit - I created a sample google spread sheet for this..
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkNY1poe6rzodHk4Wm1DOW9TU3hXMW9vRi1WZi1mVFE&hl=en&authkey=CLrHt_cH
Got the company list from cse 'Today's Share Price List' exel. You can tell the users to enter their values directly in the google doc, then admins won't have much work.. and on 4th and 31st we can directly get the closing price from the cse exel and copy paste easily to this.
One issue is anyone can edit anything here, so best thing will be to users to enter their values on the post and the excel both. then at the end admins can verify them with the post's values.

(If you need I can give you the excel, so that you can upload it your self and have full control) Smile

Hey this sounds really good.
I dont know how to thank you guys.
Lets work on this.

Quibi

117Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 8:21 pm

wallstreetguy

COMB.X0000- LKR 200,000
NTB.N0000- LKR 200,000
SPEN.N00000 LKR 200,000
AHUN.N0000-LKR 200,000
DIST.N0000-LKR 200,000

Add me in

118Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 8:41 pm

npc86

npc86

It's nice competition to see on a forum like this..

More than 40 competitors...as at this time...big predictions.. big hopes...!

remains only 2+ days..!

This is very nice idea Quibit..

Keep it up...! Smile

AND
Is there any vacancies for commentators for this game...?

lol!

Last edited by npc86 on Mon May 02, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

119Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 8:44 pm

ruchira nirash

Stock Trader

AHUN - 186,000/=
GREG - 148,000/=
ABAN - 300,000/=
LOLC - 236,000/=
SEYB - 130,000/=

cheers

Last edited by ruchira nirash on Mon May 02, 2011 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

120Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 8:47 pm

High.Risk.High.Return

High.Risk.High.Return
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

My Picks as follows,

TAFL - Rs.935,000/-
BFL - Rs.46,000/-
RICH - Rs.2,000/-
MBSL -Rs.5,000/-
LOLC - Rs.12,000/-

Will see return....
Good Luck

121Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Quibit

npc86 wrote:It's nice competition to see on a forum like this..
More than 40 competitors...as at this time...big predictions.. big hopes...!
remains only 2+ days..!
This is very nice idea Quibit..
Keep it up...! Smile
AND
Is there any vacancies for a commentator for this game...?
lol!

'npc86' is our official commentator,
He will be giving commentaries throughout the Round including weekly updates on portfolio performances and impact of latest market news on share prices.

Effectively there are 48hrs more for the deadline...

I am going to watch the market very carefully for next 48 hrs and invest my hard earned money.

To me, this is nothing new... coz this is what I have been doing for last 6 months.. for my salary n incentives.

Count on me.. I will beat all of you!!!!!

Competition is so transparent and there is absolutely no problem in anyone getting involved. Administrators, Global Moderators, Moderators, Research Authors..

Winner Takes All!!

QB

122Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 9:06 pm

banarahu

banarahu

banarahu wrote:hey,
I only Mentioned the company symbol, but not specified it as X,N, or warrants...
Can I change it to the specified symbol now ?
If I can't change it, then what will be the default selection ?

The competition starts on 4th.. so u still have time Wink

sorry I'm confused...
Who added the final sentence ? I didn't do affraid
is it admin ?

123Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Quibit

Upto 4th May 2011 24.00 hrs all contestants can change their Portfolio mix. Anyone who does it afterwards will get disqualified. If you have changed your mind, Please Edit Existing Post and don't repost.. this will make life easier for the "Tournament Directors"

We will be announcing the Names of the Tournament Directors!! shortly.

124Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 9:37 pm

chamarahs

COCO.X0000 …. 110,200.00
CFLB.N0000 …. 420,000.00
BUKI.N0000 …. 119,000.00
HDFC.N0000 …. 130,000.00
COMB.N0000 …. 216,000.00

125Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 9:47 pm

SmartMoney

SmartMoney
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

High.Risk.High.Return wrote:My Picks as follows,

TAFL - Rs.935,000/-
BFL - Rs.46,000/-
RICH - Rs.2,000/-
MBSL -Rs.5,000/-
LOLC - Rs.12,000/-

Will see return....
Good Luck

Mannn , You are living up to your name buddy .

Btw , great job Quibit .

Last edited by SmartMoney on Mon May 02, 2011 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

126Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Quibit

chamarahs wrote:COCO.X0000 …. 110,200.00
CFLB.N0000 …. 420,000.00
BUKI.N0000 …. 119,000.00
HDFC.N0000 …. 130,000.00
COMB.N0000 …. 216,000.00

Hey... Why did you leave that Rs 4,800/=

127Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 9:54 pm

milanka

milanka

Quibit wrote:
chamarahs wrote:COCO.X0000 …. 110,200.00
CFLB.N0000 …. 420,000.00
BUKI.N0000 …. 119,000.00
HDFC.N0000 …. 130,000.00
COMB.N0000 …. 216,000.00

Hey... Why did you leave that Rs 4,800/=

Maybe he wants to gift Rs. 4,800/= as price money Laughing

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

128Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty my choice Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 pm

ROHAN

ROHAN

TAFL-2
KVAL-2
GUAR-1
NAMU-2
LOLC-3

affraid

http://lk.duinvest.com/portal/LKCSE/homePage.html

129Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 10:13 pm

mono

mono

Hmmm

TWOD - 5
MGT - 5

130Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Portfolio Challenge: Round 1 Mon May 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Quibit

mono wrote:Hmmm

TWOD - 5
MGT - 5

Hey mono..
Good to see ya, looks like Sri Lanka is getting ready for GSP and Carbon Credits.. MGT and Touchwood... Very interesting proposition.
I am sure you will always outdo the primitives and few pandits! Let's monitor the progress.!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum