FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Balanced Opinions/Views from Sri Lanka Equity Forum

+27
Lalindra
fairinvestor
Fresher
rdk2874
godswen
KDDND
mark
G
prasadrmb
jonta999
K.Haputantri
Antonym
Canterbury
Chinwi
kalum
ADP
pushpakumara
econ
Rapaport
balapas
serene
smallville
Jiggysaurus
Aubrey Perera
UKboy
Redbulls
Jeremy
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

K.Haputantri

Co-Admin

My PM facility suspended by some one. ?By the crusader of balanced views to conduct a "fair" election. May be.

God save the forum.

Fresher

K.Haputantri wrote:My PM facility suspended by some one. ?By the crusader of balanced views to conduct a "fair" election. May be.

God save the forum.

same here then. hahaha

KDDND

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Seems like....
Balanced Opinions..... Paththakata barai.....wageda?
Balanced views.... eka paththai penne....wageda?
 Laughing 

fairinvestor

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I have been watching this forum and learning from it as a guest for many years. I feel something is not right now so I thought I'd register and comment.

I would like to see this a better place too but I have some concerns now.

Hope you will allow my balanced opinion.

We including GMNet/management have to agree, several people with Slstock and admins/co-admin and mods helped a lot of people and made this forum to grow to this stage . They gave lot of knowledge for free. Your company also benefited from it directly. They did do a lot of social service . Right? Agree if you are fair?

But suddenly I saw GMnet appear and as he says doing a clean up job now to get rid of mafia. Do you think slstock, chinwi , sri ranga , smallville is mafia?

There was mafia at the forum time to time. But you call the people who helped mafia now?

Now where is the forum heading I am not sure.

When I look at all this rationally, after reading and seeing what is going on in the forum nowadays below direct questions come to mind.

Hope you GMNet or management will answer my questions as this is balanced forum now as you say. I mean no insult to you.

1) Have you GMNEt yourself broken any of the rules you trying to enforce ?
( being really balanced , banning members , deleting posts, not allowing opinion etc ? )

2) Why are there no interesting posts now. Whatever said , I learn lot from some good people here. I need to respect that.

3) Is this election democratic as you say. I see a person named Valuepick who joined week ago running for election !

4) After you do your clean up job and elect a president hopefully democratically who has knowledge and is fair, will you leave the forum and let that person have full powers to run the forum with his team?

I hope I will get direct answers as GMnet says he want the forum in a new direction and new era and be balanced.

thansk

Jeremy

Fresher wrote:
K.Haputantri wrote:My PM facility suspended by some one. ?By the crusader of balanced views to conduct a "fair" election. May be.

God save the forum.

same here then. hahaha

PM Facility was suspended because some members together with Smallville tried to use the forum PM system to create unrest in the forum and to promote other forums. Forum PM system will be re activated soon.

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus

fairinvestor wrote: 

I hope I will get direct answers as GMnet says he want the forum in a new direction and new era and be balanced.

thansk

Wait a couple of days, negative smallville will upload a chart and that will answer all your questions.

How the balanced forum?

Jeremy

Jeremy

Expectation from the moderator is to moderate a conversation.

Moderators need not give expert advise to members. When some experts become moderators, they try use their powers to persuade other members to think like them or to suppress opposite thinking.

Some previous Moderators/Administrators genuinely wanted to help the members, but unfortunately rather unconsciously they were forcing their opinion on other members. This needed to be changed for the betterment of the forum and the safety of the investors.

I have been sent here to do the cleaning job! Therefore I am the bad guy. I have the discretion to appoint moderators provided that they genuinely want to help the forum. Not like the way some of the senior members have behaved recently. Number of posts in the forum is not a qualification to be a moderator in this forum

fairinvestor wrote:I have been watching this forum and learning from it as a guest for many years. I feel  something is not right now so I thought I'd register and comment.

I  would like to see this a better place  too but I have some concerns now.

We including  GMNet/management have to agree, several people  with  Slstock and admins/co-admin and mods  helped a lot of people and made this forum to grow to this stage .  They gave lot of knowledge for free. Your company also benefited from it directly.   They did do a lot of social service .  Right?    Agree if you are fair?

But suddenly I saw GMnet  appear and as he says  doing a clean up job now to get rid of mafia.   Do you think slstock, chinwi , sri ranga , smallville  is mafia?

There was mafia at the forum time to time.  But you call the  people who helped mafia now?

Now where is the forum heading  I am not sure.

When I look at all this rationally,   after reading and seeing what is going on in  the forum nowadays   below direct questions come to mind.

Hope you GMNet   or management will answer my questions as this is balanced forum now as you say.  I mean no insult to you.

1)  Have you  GMNEt yourself   broken  any of the rules you trying to enforce ?  
    ( being really balanced , banning members  , deleting posts,  not allowing opinion etc ?  )

2) Why are there no interesting posts now. Whatever said , I learn   lot from some good people here. I need to respect that.

3) Is this election democratic as you say.  I see a person named Valuepick who joined week ago running for election !

4)  After you do your clean up job and elect a president  hopefully democratically who has knowledge and is fair, will you leave the forum and let that person have full powers to run the forum with his team?  

thansk

Lalindra

Lalindra
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

This forum is going through a transition and it is important to give prominence to both positive and negative comments about the forum. By shooting down any negative comments and highlighting only the positive ones you are not promoting a balanced view and is detrimental to the well-being of the forum itself.

fairinvestor

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Question asker were completely different. Can you reply directly to each please.

Thanks.

GMNet wrote:Expectation from the moderator is to moderate a conversation.

Moderators need not give expert advise to members. When some experts become moderators, they try use their powers to persuade other members to think like them or to suppress opposite thinking.

Some previous Moderators/Administrators genuinely wanted to help the members, but unfortunately rather unconsciously they were forcing their opinion on other members. This needed to be changed for the betterment of the forum and the safety of the investors.

I have been sent here to do the cleaning job! Therefore I am the bad guy. I have the discretion to appoint moderators provided that they genuinely want to help the forum. Not like the way some of the senior members have behaved recently. Number of posts in the forum is not a qualification to be a moderator in this forum

fairinvestor wrote:I have been watching this forum and learning from it as a guest for many years. I feel  something is not right now so I thought I'd register and comment.

I  would like to see this a better place  too but I have some concerns now.

We including  GMNet/management have to agree, several people  with  Slstock and admins/co-admin and mods  helped a lot of people and made this forum to grow to this stage .  They gave lot of knowledge for free. Your company also benefited from it directly.   They did do a lot of social service .  Right?    Agree if you are fair?

But suddenly I saw GMnet  appear and as he says  doing a clean up job now to get rid of mafia.   Do you think slstock, chinwi , sri ranga , smallville  is mafia?

There was mafia at the forum time to time.  But you call the  people who helped mafia now?

Now where is the forum heading  I am not sure.

When I look at all this rationally,   after reading and seeing what is going on in  the forum nowadays   below direct questions come to mind.

Hope you GMNet   or management will answer my questions as this is balanced forum now as you say.  I mean no insult to you.

( being really balanced , banning members  , deleting posts,  not allowing opinion etc ?  )

2) Why are there no interesting posts now. Whatever said , I learn   lot from some good people here. I need to respect that.

3) Is this election democratic as you say.  I see a person named Valuepick who joined week ago running for election !

4)  After you do your clean up job and elect a president  hopefully democratically who has knowledge and is fair, will you leave the forum and let that person have full powers to run the forum with his team?  

thansk

Jeremy

Jeremy

All action taken is for the best interest of the forum and the investment community.

Forum evolved over the years and even the so called expert learnt from the previous members of the forum. It is the responsibility of the senior members to create succession for leadership. This has not happened over the years. New generation is the future. We must all understand that. Otherwise what had happen to Green Party in Sri Lanka will also happen to this forum. We must encourage new members, new thinking. Allow them to be moderators and take responsibility. Moderators or administrators should not complain that they have wasted so much of their valuable time in this forum and ask for monetary rewards. If they are busy, they should not take up this responsibility. Previous Administrators may be stock market experts, but they have failed in their forum duties.

Number of posts by a member is not criteria for the selection of the President or Moderatorship.

Yes, Most certainly. Provided that the elected person does not try to harm the forum or its community.

fairinvestor

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

It good you answered so we know your opinion.  Thanks.

But let go further so we all can get a fair  picture  as this is balanced forum now as you say.

GMNet wrote:
 All action taken is for the best interest of the forum and the investment community.

Question :  Does this  mean you have banned members , deleted their posts, and not allowed other opinions ? So some concerns of people senior/junior are correct?

GMNet wrote:
Forum evolved over the years and even the so called expert learnt from the previous members of the forum. It is the responsibility of the senior members to create succession for leadership. This has not happened over the years. New generation is the future. We must all understand that. Otherwise what had happen to Green Party in Sri Lanka will also happen to this forum. We must encourage new members, new thinking. Allow them to be moderators and take responsibility. Moderators or administrators should not complain that they have wasted so much of their valuable time in this forum and ask for monetary rewards. If they are busy, they should not take up this responsibility. Previous Administrators may be stock market experts, but they have failed in their forum duties.

Okay I see your opinion.  

But to allow other options and be balance as you say I see another side..  ( I was here for long time as viewer. )

I presume this  is a vision of yours and the management right?  Not a mandate of the public opinion.  

As it goes  it is clear the majority of the forum  also thought SLS and other senior members did a good job with moderation also.

Maybe there was issues like you wanted to change now  but they  could have been solved nicely.
Do you think it is the right way to  treat the  people who did service for free and made the forum grow to this level ?
You have to admit some of them had lot of experience and did not need learn from other per say.

Maybe that why they left the forum. Don't you think?

GMNet wrote:

Number of posts by a member is not criteria for the selection of the President or Moderatorship.

Okay what is your clear  criteria to elect a President and Moderator? I thought public can choose the President and president can pick his team ( as you said in another post)

GMNet wrote:
Yes, Most certainly. Provided that the elected person does not try to harm the forum or its community.

Mean you can come back later right ?

Light of Hope

Vice President - Equity Analytics

GMNet wrote:

Who says previous admins whine for monitory benefits. You and your bosses failed to understand their commitments and values they brought to forum and chased them away since you wanted to change it.
You guys are so blinded. Have anyone from your company appreciated their efforts?

Can you name a person whose not busy? Bring in some beggers in the street and ask them to moderate then LOL

These guys never failed in their forum duties. Only you and your master wanted to change them. So Ur the one who wanted powers..  tongue 

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

Light of Hope wrote:
GMNet wrote:

Who says previous admins whine for monitory benefits. You and your bosses failed to understand their commitments and values they brought to forum and chased them away since you wanted to change it.
You guys are so blinded. Have anyone from your company appreciated their efforts?

Can you name a person whose not busy? Bring in some beggers in the street and ask them to moderate then LOL

These guys never failed in their forum duties. Only you and your master wanted to change them. So Ur the one who wanted powers..  tongue 

Well said Bro Razz

Jeremy

Jeremy

fairinvestor wrote:
GMNet wrote:

No I have no intent to get involved in the forum management. This Forum was started by Quibit and there were many members who contributed tremendously to uplift the standard of the Forum. These guys were not power hungry, they never complained. They only wanted to help the members. I would not forget the contribution given by Slstock. He was a great guy.

But unfortunately some moderators/admins, were power hungry. When they were questioned by the management, there didn't wanted to accept their mistakes, instead they want to go and start a new forum. Why! Because they are here not to do any good for you and me. They are here to make money for themselves. They cannot do any kind of manipulation in this forum anymore, therefore now they need to go and start a new forum. Find some innocent victims!! Make money at your expense! at your loss and pain!

fairinvestor

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

GMNet ,

I am taking this effort to write in length as I was here for a long time as a guest.

I am trying my best to understand what your views are and be balanced. Help me here also please.

But sorry I cannot agree with what you said below. Come on now, we need to be decent human beings .

Telling Moderators/Admins made money for themselves , after spending several years as social service is not done . That is not being grateful . You know it. I know it.

I am sure you are a paid employee and as you said you are here to do a job for 1 or 2 months.
But others did social service here for many years and helped your company to build this forum for free.

Now , if you or your management don;t like them , or want the forum to take new direction ( for whatever your reason is ) and do not want previous guys to be Admins and moderators , is it fine. But it had to be done decently.

As I said before the issues you are trying to highlight could have been solved nicely right? Why are almost all of them gone? Do you think it is the right way to treat the people who did service for free . You have to admit some of them had lot of experience and did not need learn from other per say.

Maybe you have not realized but it could be one reason why they left the forum. Don't you think?

Attacking them, undermining their work is simply not done in all human ethics. I too learnt from some of them.

I really want to believe as others claim , you did not banned seniors , stopped free speech , deleted their posts , or took their account ID to psot.

Did you do that? If so that is not fair or balanced .

Also in democratic environment you will realize, anybody has the freedom to be here or start a forum or many forums.
Even if they want to use their knowledge to earn money else where, it is there buisness and we should not see ill in that.

Don't you want to be paid for your work. Did you or me , spent 2-3 years doing free service. No right?

Let us be decent and acknowledge that please .

As far as I see the only thing you should be really worried about is this forum and where is it now.

Also my concern/questions were based on what is happening here at this forum and what is has become lately. Not else where . Member also have freedom to go where they see fit right? That is democracy. Agree? Some day you might leave your company also and have to meet them the others in real life .

GMNet wrote:
fairinvestor wrote:
GMNet wrote:

But unfortunately some moderators/admins, were power hungry. When they were questioned by the management, there didn't wanted to accept their mistakes, instead they want to go and start a new forum. Why! Because they are here not to do any good for you and me. They are here to make money for themselves. They cannot do any kind of manipulation in this forum anymore, therefore now they need to go and start a new forum. Find some innocent victims!! Make money at your expense! at your loss and pain!

Jeremy

Jeremy

I am sure all Admins, some Moderators and few senior members, know a secret which is real today. But during this period some members have reacted very differently.

These are testing times! I am sure that there will be a day that we could proudly honor the senior members of this forum.

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

GMNet wrote:I am sure all Admins, some Moderators and few senior members, know a secret which is real today. But during this period some members have reacted very differently.

These are testing times! I am sure that there will be a day that we could proudly honor the senior members of this forum.

Now ppl can see your balanced view.

Without election we got temporary President jiggy.

Who else can do like that?????

lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol! 

Light of Hope

Ha ha the well balance forum. Now I know there are few words you cannot use here;

1. smallville
2. slstock
3. balance view
4. gil marts
5. #$%#%#
6. *&^*^*

list goes, unfortunately.

Hail to our new president Jiggy - now you must learn to do the 4th one i mentioned above to stay in power. You know where you can learn it rite?

lol!   lol!   lol!

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

Light of Hope wrote:Ha ha the well balance forum. Now I know there are few words you cannot use here;

1. smallville
2. slstock
3. balance view
4. gil marts
5. #$%#%#
6. *&^*^*

list goes, unfortunately.

Hail to our new president Jiggy - now you must learn to do the 4th one i mentioned above to stay in power. You know where you can learn it rite?

lol!   lol!   lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

greedy007

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Again seems to be same scenario?

CHRONICLE™

CHRONICLE™
Admin

Its good to come back to the forum again after long time. Market is going to fly within next 6 months.

https://www.srilankachronicle.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum