FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

PCH : Interim financial statements is released

+4
Monster
tubal
Chabbi
Pira
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pira

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/961_1306755300087.pdf

I've a question about their statement. whey did they paid much more tax than last quater? Their revenue of this quater was better than last but when we look at the profit after tax, last quater was better than this.

Chabbi

Chabbi
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Pira wrote:http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/961_1306755300087.pdf

I've a question about their statement. whey did they paid much more tax than last quater? Their revenue of this quater was better than last but when we look at the profit after tax, last quater was better than this.

As i knw most of companies need to pay total of many tax end of there financial year Smile i think thts y end of march IRD earns some big $$$$ .....

I hope any finance guy can answer for this Very Happy

Cheerz

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Now where is everyone who was saying this is a huge growth company? (they didn't know about LinkedIn at the time otherwise they would have said this was another linkedIn)

Last edited by tubal on Mon May 30, 2011 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pira

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Chabbi wrote:
Pira wrote:http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/961_1306755300087.pdf

As i knw most of companies need to pay total of many tax end of there financial year Smile i think thts y end of march IRD earns some big $$$$ .....

I hope any finance guy can answer for this Very Happy

Cheerz

thx

Thats also the same for RICH

Chabbi

Chabbi

tubal wrote:Now where is everyone who was saying this is a huge growth company? (they didn't know about LinkedIn at the time otherwise they would have said this was another linked in)

Confusing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Could u justify this ???

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

tubal wrote:Now where is everyone who was saying this is a huge growth company? (they didn't know about LinkedIn at the time otherwise they would have said this was another linkedIn)
They might say company will have mega growth after 5 years. So, do not worry about EPS and PE. That's what they said when I post a topic against the artificial rally in investnow.lk.

tubal

Monster wrote:
tubal wrote:Now where is everyone who was saying this is a huge growth company? (they didn't know about LinkedIn at the time otherwise they would have said this was another linkedIn)
They might say company will have mega growth after 5 years. So, do not worry about EPS and PE. That's what they said when I post a topic against the artificial rally in investnow.lk.

Ah yeah, remember those good old days when MarketWatch and his desciples browbeat the others over this and chicken. Those were the days. Sigh!
Very Happy

@chabbi, you haven't heard of MarketWatch?

monash

monash

tubal wrote:
Monster wrote:

Ah yeah, remember those good old days when MarketWatch and his desciples browbeat the others over this and chicken. Those were the days. Sigh!
Very Happy

haha i remember those days.. on that time they equals PCH to future Microsoft of Sri Lanka.. lol!

monster you pinpoint their response mate, here is the response of them to our friend innam's post over there.. Laughing

http://investors.lk/12345/Some+unexpected+news-part+2

Monster

Monster

monash wrote:
tubal wrote:
Monster wrote:

Very Happy

haha i remember those days.. on that time they equals PCH to future Microsoft of Sri Lanka.. lol!

monster you pinpoint their response mate, here is the response of them to our friend innam's post over there.. Laughing

http://investors.lk/12345/Some+unexpected+news-part+2
Just read the post I made in January and look at the replies,
http://investors.lk/11023/Is++PCH+overvalued%3F

Chabbi

Chabbi

tubal wrote:
Monster wrote:

Very Happy

@chabbi, you haven't heard of MarketWatch?

y not... whn i saw the results in CSE before checking financial stuff directly i went for major holders Very Happy but Mr. MW has reduced only small portion Very Happy Tht mean still he Belive the PCH Very Happy

but my question was ur talking abt LinkedIN i was read some article abt LinkedIN & now i'm planning to apply IPO @ NASDAQ Very Happy

If you knw abt some things abt NASDAQ pls share with this or put me Pvt msg Very Happy

Cheerz GUys

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

as expected some major changes was there in the top 20 list, so i think all can guess who disposed it at 30/=

UKboy

UKboy

tubal wrote:Now where is everyone who was saying this is a huge growth company?

Come on Tubal, Think about the future. You only need to wait another 5 years as Monster said below. Smile

Monster wrote:
They might say company will have mega growth after 5 years. So, do not worry about EPS and PE.

Smile

Some people think company shares like rare precious metals.

Except OFEQ I cannt remember any other counter is highly illiquid.

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

PCH Director Sarath Wickramanyake stated the objectives of IPO.
- Expanding the Linkages between partners
- Increase number of outlets
- Invest in BPO/KPO
- Invest in Internet Data centre
- retire Debt of the Company

NDB Investment Bank stated bottom line expected to grow 20% YoY after the IPO.

Looking at the Financials
First of all theres a mistake in the Balance sheet heading where the previous year figure comparison stated as 31st Dec 2009. in page 4

- The IPO money received 630 Mn.
- Investment in Subsdiary has only increased by 10 Mn, Dont know is this all the new subsidiary Invetments
-Long term debt reduced by 169mn and short term borrowings increased by 325 mn. therefore overall borrowings increased
-In the Company and Group Cash flow, Company has spent nearly 722mn worth of money in increasing the Inventory. Almost total of the IPO money

- The net cashflow is in a worst position now than before it was befor the IPO.

It raises doubt that the Company is really utilising the money in right way to achieve its stated objectives !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum