FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

NTB rejects loan application due to a phone number. Is there any such rule?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

am.ripaarz

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I'm 31 years old and never had a loan/lease from any banks.

Recently I applied for a personal loan in NTB and it was rejected. Even my basic salary is LKR 55000 (fifty five thousand) and I have my salary saver account with them. I wondered.

They did not say the reason why they rejected my application then I contacted the loan agent who was the one suggested me to apply for a personal loan.

He told me "Sir my manger sent me an email and mentioned your application has no obligations and you can get a solid loan but there is an issue that your company has no any SLT landline number"

what....!!!!!????  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Is there any such a criteria that every company should has a SLT land line number if their staffs want to apply for a loan?

I asked him to forward that mail to me but he said "Sir my manager said that mail is confidential. So I can not forward that to you"

If that reason is true and if there is such a rule why that mail should be confidential?
Why they can not just tell the reason to the public that we are following rules and legal system which not allow us not to approve a loan if your company has no SLT Landline?

As far as I know most of the companies have CDMAs only nowadays.
So all of the staffs from such companies can not get a loan from banks?

or this is also some kind of idiotic (we have many) rules which are most common in countries like India and Sri Lanka?

indi009

indi009
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

am.ripaarz wrote:I'm 31 years old and never had a loan/lease from any banks.

Recently I applied for a personal loan in NTB and it was rejected. Even my basic salary is LKR 55000 (fifty five thousand) and I have my salary saver account with them. I wondered.

They did not say the reason why they rejected my application then I contacted the loan agent who was the one suggested me to apply for a personal loan.

He told me "Sir my manger sent me an email and mentioned your application has no obligations and you can get a solid loan but there is an issue that your company has no any SLT landline number"

what....!!!!!????  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Is there any such a criteria that every company should has a SLT land line number if their staffs want to apply for a loan?

I asked him to forward that mail to me but he said "Sir my manager said that mail is confidential. So I can not forward that to you"

If that reason is true and if there is such a rule why that mail should be confidential?
Why they can not just tell the reason to the public that we are following rules and legal system which not allow us not to approve a loan if your company has no SLT Landline?

As far as I know most of the companies have CDMAs only nowadays.
So all of the staffs from such companies can not get a loan from banks?

or this is also some kind of idiotic (we have many) rules which are most common in countries like India and Sri Lanka?

There can be couple of reasons to reject your application

1. Even though you have not applied for any loans you must have signed as a guarantor to another person's loan and that particular loan must have got arrears. Therefore your name is in the CRIB

2. There loan amount you have applied/requested can be more that the repayment capability of your
Ex :- If you want a personal loan of Rs.2.0 Mn to be repaid within maximum of 5 years then your monthly installment would be Rs.2,000,000/60(months)  = 33,333.33 (This is the principle amount which you have to pay but on top of that you get the interest (I cannot say what is the interest amount would be since you haven't mention that) suppose it's Rs.5,000-6,000 then your monthly installment comes around Rs.40,000
Banks do not give loans if your loan installment is more that 60% of your monthly fixed income 

Normally banks consider many things before giving a loan like whether you are married or not, kids, credit card limits and outstanding, other commitments...etc

Further regarding the SLT fixed line scenario. banks or any other financial institutes requests a landline for their recovery dept. 
Suppose if you didn't pay your installments on time they might call your office just to pressure you to repay the debt. Recovery dept is very concern of a landline. Imagine a telephone conversation like this

NTB- hello can I speak to Mr.am.ripaaz

Telephone operator- I'm sorry sir he is not in his seat

NTB - oh...... really could you give a message to him. tell him his loan out-stand is Rs.xxxxxx and he will be transferred to the irregular section if he doesn't pay this months installment on or before xx day

Imaging the how embarrassing you will get if your office people find out that you haven't paid your loan

Even though bank has no right to divulge your information they might say that they have done it in good faith since you missed the last 2 or 3 installments and since the bank couldn't keep in touch with you via your mobile phone

I know this because I am working in a bank

Brinthan

Brinthan

Yes ..bro if the loan is clean...Clean mean without a proper security(Immovable property)...The bank will check 100% before granting a personal loan..The personal loans are high risk for a bank...The Most of the banks grant personal loan for high networthy indivuals in the society....
Some banks are give score for the avilability of land phones in their credit appracials...

Joe007

It depends on the banks which use their system to approve the personal loan. Most banks in the U.K require land line number not only for loan but also to open a bank account. This is kind of security measures to prevent financial fraud. It seems to that NTB is very tough bank in Srilanka on loan matters.

am.ripaarz

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Thank you for the explanation

indi009 wrote:
1. Even though you have not applied for any loans you must have signed as a guarantor to another person's loan and that particular loan must have got arrears. Therefore your name is in the CRIB

I never signed for anyone as guarantor.

indi009 wrote:
2. There loan amount you have applied/requested can be more that the repayment capability of your
Ex :- If you want a personal loan of Rs.2.0 Mn to be repaid within maximum of 5 years then your monthly installment would be Rs.2,000,000/60(months)  = 33,333.33 (This is the principle amount which you have to pay but on top of that you get the interest (I cannot say what is the interest amount would be since you haven't mention that) suppose it's Rs.5,000-6,000 then your monthly installment comes around Rs.40,000
Banks do not give loans if your loan installment is more that 60% of your monthly fixed income 

I applied just LKR 500,000 (five hundred thousand) and my basic salary is LKR 55,000. There is no any deduction in my salary except the EPF and ETF. Possible to get LKR 500,000 for my salary?

indi009 wrote:Normally banks consider many things before giving a loan like whether you are married or not, kids, credit card limits and outstanding, other commitments...etc

I'm married and have five months old baby. 
I do not have any credit cards.
Will it be a problem?

indi009 wrote:
Further regarding the SLT fixed line scenario. banks or any other financial institutes requests a landline for their recovery dept. 
Suppose if you didn't pay your installments on time they might call your office just to pressure you to repay the debt.
Brinthan wrote:Some banks are give score for the avilability of land phones in their credit appracials..
Joe007 wrote:Most banks in the U.K require land line number not only for loan but also to open a bank account. This is kind of security measures to prevent financial fraud.

Maybe this is the reason. They could not find a way to embarrass me if I miss paying my installment amount.

indi009 wrote:I know this because I am working in a bank

So you know the things around this matter. Could suggest something that how can I get a personal loan from any Sri Lankan bank based on my personal details I've given above?

Brinthan wrote:Clean mean without a proper security(Immovable property)...The bank will check 100% before granting a personal loan
Maybe this is another reason. Because the home I'm living is in my wife's name and I do not have any other immovable property except a motor bike.

Brinthan wrote:The Most of the banks grant personal loan for high networthy indivuals in the society....
Here the universal law comes to the scene. We need money to get some money. If not, at least a rich background father..

am.ripaarz

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I re-applied the loan and this time they said "You do not complete one year in your current company. As per the loan criteria, if you want to get a loan you should have been working more than a year in your present company"

Ok NTB... go suck doctors and engineers cock only....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum