FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post




Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by EPS Yesterday at 11:02 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by Hairoos Yesterday at 10:06 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 9:06 pm

» PANASIAN POWER PLC (PAP.N0000)
by Good bad Yesterday at 8:29 pm

» Directors' Dealings 14/06/2021
by SAGA Yesterday at 6:59 pm

» TOP 10 Dividend Stocks
by lakmin Yesterday at 5:56 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Captain Yesterday at 5:37 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today - 14/06/2021
by SAGA Yesterday at 5:19 pm

» LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000)
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 3:37 pm

» Losing GSP+: Petty political revenge or Sri Lanka's economy?
by RajapaksaDON Yesterday at 1:48 pm

» HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC
by Eranx Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» ජිනීවා චන්දෙන් පසු හෙට මොකක් වෙයි ද ?
by samaritan Yesterday at 12:22 pm

» BUKI price comeing down
by Zahara khan Yesterday at 10:36 am

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by arunaupendra Yesterday at 9:21 am

» Understanding inflation and share prices.
by dayandacool Yesterday at 6:53 am

» Stocks rose across Asian Markets after China & US agree to push forward trade, investment ties
by Wickyz Yesterday at 1:51 am

» Adani's entry followed by Indian CEOs discussion with Minister ANC
by Wickyz Yesterday at 1:30 am

» E B CREASY & COMPANY PLC (EBCR.N0000)
by Saman12 Yesterday at 12:08 am

» CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000)
by SAGA Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:19 pm

» Shadow Portfolio of a leading HNWI
by madukp Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:28 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute


Submit Post

CHRONICLE ANALYTICS
All Share Index (ASI), S&P, Milanka Price Index (MPI), Moving Averages and all other analytical graphs and charts

Contribute

Twitter Feeds

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000)

VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 29]

26VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:34 pm

mark


Expert
Expert
@aladdin wrote:
@aladdin wrote:
@econ wrote:
@Chinwi wrote:Yes. Go for it.
But it is useless to apply in thousands and lock lot of money in this IPO because you will get below 1000 shares. ( most probably between 100 - 500)

I will apply 1,100 shares of vallibleone.

Yes best ask about 1100 or 1200. Because when allocation is done, they allocate from 0-500 or 0-1000 and then 1001 - 1100 like wise. So for you to get in to the next chunck, use the trick of asking more.

Next way is having multiple CDS accounts in multiple brokers and asking from each of them. This way you can assure that you get more shares rather than one application from one broker.

Now some one has given me two negative reps. I would like to know what is the reason for that ?? is it just because i have helped some one ?? else is it because i told how to get more shares ?? what is happening ?? this is soo crazy..

It should be fair enough when using reps for negative. What is the reason ? please explain ? CSE is not a private bodala for any one. Now these things are nothing to hide. What is the matter when those things are shared with the members ??

well,you only got a one - rep in this thread.......
multiple applications are not allowed,will be rejected,but you told that is possible,this is common sense if you are dealing with market for a long time..
this may be the reason you got a negative rep.btw i ddnt gave you the -rep,i will put a + rep tmrw to prove it......
if a person giving a negative rep,there will be a reason,if not will make it plus... Very Happy
if you have got minus reps,there will be a reason.....people dont give minus without a reason,specially i wont.....
now take it easy and keep posting with facts Very Happy

27VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:51 pm

aladdin


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@mark wrote:
@aladdin wrote:
@aladdin wrote:
@econ wrote:
@Chinwi wrote:Yes. Go for it.
But it is useless to apply in thousands and lock lot of money in this IPO because you will get below 1000 shares. ( most probably between 100 - 500)

I will apply 1,100 shares of vallibleone.

Yes best ask about 1100 or 1200. Because when allocation is done, they allocate from 0-500 or 0-1000 and then 1001 - 1100 like wise. So for you to get in to the next chunck, use the trick of asking more.

Next way is having multiple CDS accounts in multiple brokers and asking from each of them. This way you can assure that you get more shares rather than one application from one broker.

Now some one has given me two negative reps. I would like to know what is the reason for that ?? is it just because i have helped some one ?? else is it because i told how to get more shares ?? what is happening ?? this is soo crazy..

It should be fair enough when using reps for negative. What is the reason ? please explain ? CSE is not a private bodala for any one. Now these things are nothing to hide. What is the matter when those things are shared with the members ??

well,you only got a one - rep in this thread.......
multiple applications are not allowed,will be rejected,but you told that is possible,this is common sense if you are dealing with market for a long time..
this may be the reason you got a negative rep.btw i ddnt gave you the -rep,i will put a + rep tmrw to prove it......
if a person giving a negative rep,there will be a reason,if not will make it plus... Very Happy
if you have got minus reps,there will be a reason.....people dont give minus without a reason,specially i wont.....
now take it easy and keep posting with facts Very Happy

Hey hey seems all got it wrong. What i say is have multiple accounts in multiple brokers. Not same name man. In your family how many people you will have ? how many friends has idle accounts, this is where those comes handy. You get the shares under their names in multiple brokers multiple accounts.. ayyooooooo okatada negative dune ?? should have asked how and to clear rather than just jumping in to the conclusion whom ever gave negative.

28VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:18 pm

yoyo


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@aladdin wrote:
Hey hey seems all got it wrong. What i say is have multiple accounts in multiple brokers. Not same name man. In your family how many people you will have ? how many friends has idle accounts, this is where those comes handy. You get the shares under their names in multiple brokers multiple accounts.. ayyooooooo okatada negative dune ?? should have asked how and to clear rather than just jumping in to the conclusion whom ever gave negative.


Why multiple brokers ? You can have many accounts of different people in the same broker company. You can have all family members accounts in a single broker and its easy to communicate with one firm.

29VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:44 pm

yoyo


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
BTW I'm going to apply 200 shares only. Any idea how much shares we might get ? Is 200 possible or 100 just like Union Bank case ?

30VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@aladdin wrote:
@kam2011 wrote:
@aladdin wrote:
@econ wrote:
@Chinwi wrote:Yes. Go for it.
But it is useless to apply in thousands and lock lot of money in this IPO because you will get below 1000 shares. ( most probably between 100 - 500)

I will apply 1,100 shares of vallibleone.

Yes best ask about 1100 or 1200. Because when allocation is done, they allocate from 0-500 or 0-1000 and then 1001 - 1100 like wise. So for you to get in to the next chunck, use the trick of asking more.

Next way is having multiple CDS accounts in multiple brokers and asking from each of them. This way you can assure that you get more shares rather than one application from one broker.

Is that true friend? I think they will check by your name and NIC no..Isn't it?

as far as i know that is not a problem as far as those are separate cds accounts.

All the applications will be rejected

31VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Revolution


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@aladdin wrote:
@mark wrote:
@aladdin wrote:
@aladdin wrote:
@econ wrote:
@Chinwi wrote:Yes. Go for it.
But it is useless to apply in thousands and lock lot of money in this IPO because you will get below 1000 shares. ( most probably between 100 - 500)

I will apply 1,100 shares of vallibleone.

Yes best ask about 1100 or 1200. Because when allocation is done, they allocate from 0-500 or 0-1000 and then 1001 - 1100 like wise. So for you to get in to the next chunck, use the trick of asking more.

Next way is having multiple CDS accounts in multiple brokers and asking from each of them. This way you can assure that you get more shares rather than one application from one broker.

Now some one has given me two negative reps. I would like to know what is the reason for that ?? is it just because i have helped some one ?? else is it because i told how to get more shares ?? what is happening ?? this is soo crazy..

It should be fair enough when using reps for negative. What is the reason ? please explain ? CSE is not a private bodala for any one. Now these things are nothing to hide. What is the matter when those things are shared with the members ??

well,you only got a one - rep in this thread.......
multiple applications are not allowed,will be rejected,but you told that is possible,this is common sense if you are dealing with market for a long time..
this may be the reason you got a negative rep.btw i ddnt gave you the -rep,i will put a + rep tmrw to prove it......
if a person giving a negative rep,there will be a reason,if not will make it plus... Very Happy
if you have got minus reps,there will be a reason.....people dont give minus without a reason,specially i wont.....
now take it easy and keep posting with facts Very Happy

Hey hey seems all got it wrong. What i say is have multiple accounts in multiple brokers. Not same name man. In your family how many people you will have ? how many friends has idle accounts, this is where those comes handy. You get the shares under their names in multiple brokers multiple accounts.. ayyooooooo okatada negative dune ?? should have asked how and to clear rather than just jumping in to the conclusion whom ever gave negative.


This will be a good way to make couple of profits..

32VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
When you say " have multiple accounts in multiple brokers. " that is misleading.

Even if you have multiple accounts in multiple brokers your multiple applications will be rejected.

To apply with others accounts, you do not need multiple brokers.

It should be separate CDS accounts (of other people )and they are not multiple accounts .

You can have multiple account for your name registered with separate brokers. Allowed for trading in secondary market not for IPOs..

33VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 am

DK


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Vallibel One PLC is a diversified investment holding company. The Company's segments include Investment Sector, Tiles Sector, Consumer Sector, Life Style Sector, Sanitaryware Sector, Plantation Sector, Bank & Finance, Hotel, Health Sector and Other. Its subsidiaries include Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC (RCL), L B Finance PLC, Greener Water Limited and Delmege Limited. RCL is engaged in manufacturing and marketing of floor and wall tiles. L B Finance PLC provides a range of financial services encompassing acceptance of deposits, granting lease facilities, hire purchase, mortgage loans, gold loans, personnel loans, factoring, margin trading, trade finance loans, microfinance and other credit facilities, real estate development and other related services. Greener Water Limited is an intended hotel operator. Delmege Limited is managing its subsidiaries, carrying out investment activities, and providing management and administration services to the companies within the Company.

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/3211309321511_.pdf

Bank Guarantees: 155,289,400 shares
Bank Drafts and Cheques: 91,760,600 shares

Total: 251,050,000 247,050,000/-

Total Offered: 21,311,870

[b]Edit:[b/]Thanks for correcting the error sanjeewa!



Last edited by DK on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

34VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:08 am

Thor


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Many thanks for the info. Now let's wait for the allotment basis..

35VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:17 am

sanjeewa88

sanjeewa88
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
You made a little bit of error in total

It should be 247,050,000/-

Then over subscription will not be changed as you mentioned.

36VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

asitha


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Ultimate ....will be get nothing???? Sad

37VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:00 am

sanjeewa88

sanjeewa88
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Don't worry asitha,

At least the minimum subscription will save.

38VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:10 pm

xhora

xhora
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
atleast 300

39VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:22 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator
I applied 1,200 shares. I hope I can get atleast 500.

40VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
around 2.2 billion was applied through cheques or bank drafts

41VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Chabbi

Chabbi
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
not as expected levels ... nowadays IPO getting weaker Sad

Ppl dnt hv money .. i think in future IPO wont get oversubscribe in 1st day ??? Cn v expect ??

42VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:30 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
oh thanks to new rules against bank guarantees,seems we can enjoy Very Happy
ddnt up to expected levels,but satisfied Very Happy ,seems we going to get more than 200 shares for sure Very Happy

43VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:57 pm

wallstreet


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Chabbi wrote:not as expected levels ... nowadays IPO getting weaker Sad

Ppl dnt hv money .. i think in future IPO wont get oversubscribe in 1st day ??? Cn v expect ??

Lot of new comers applied came and applied for Union bank IPO, but for Vallibel One most of apply for union bank not going to apply for Vallibel One.

I feel union bank over subscription record will stay for a long time.


44VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:44 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
It is approximately half the number of application far UBC.
I think UBC oversubscribed by around 345times but Vallible One just above 11times.
I think that it is mostly due to improvement in investers knowledge about basis of allotment ie No point of applying for large quantities.

45VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty VONE 1st day Price Calculation? Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:23 pm

cmnet123

cmnet123
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
According to the market value of its subsidiaries VOne should have a market price as follows.
As @ 2011/07/07 closing price
RCL-158.7
LFIN-181.40
SAMP-242

Then VONE PRICE= RCL*51%+LFIN*51%+ SAMP*15%
=158.7*0.51+181.40*0.51+242*0.15
=209.75 almost 210

I have not considered the investments on Delmege and Orient Garment...Please make me correct if this value is not true.I think this share is having much value than we think(most of them saying 60-65 worth). Is it worth to sell a share having a more worth than we think? Your Valuable comments are expected.

46VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Akalanka

Akalanka
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Then VONE PRICE= RCL*51%+LFIN*51%+ SAMP*15%
=158.7*0.51+181.40*0.51+242*0.15
=209.75 almost 210

What is this calculation . i cant understand Question Question can you explain more Very Happy

47VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:31 pm

jake

jake
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
wow what a calculation.DP might have missed this.lol
He will fire the chief accountant and hire you if he sees this.

48VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:40 pm

cmnet123

cmnet123
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Akalanka wrote:Then VONE PRICE= RCL*51%+LFIN*51%+ SAMP*15%
=158.7*0.51+181.40*0.51+242*0.15
=209.75 almost 210

What is this calculation . i cant understand Question Question can you explain more Very Happy

If We holds a 1 VONE share we own 51% of 1 RCL share 51% of 1 LFIN sahre & 15% of 1 SAMP share. To have a true value we need to consider the individual market prices of each share for example as to buy a RCL share 158.7 has to be spent. Hope you get it. IF i'm wrong please correct me..aswel

49VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:44 pm

chamith

chamith
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
lol...
lol!

50VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Capt

Capt
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Smile
The Greg must be trading at;
2075 * 0.64 = 1327 ONLY because of their 64% stake in Colombo Pharmacy.
I don't know whether you are joking, trying to manipulate or really don't understand how to calculate.

51VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:07 pm

schacha


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
This must b the calculation methodology used by most retailers and that's why share price go sky even LOFC went up to 22. Very Happy
Regulators here is the point.
Just teach the retailers how to calculate share value. No need further rules and restrictions to control the market. Very Happy
It was not the manipulation. Very Happy

52VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@cmnet123 wrote:According to the market value of its subsidiaries VOne should have a market price as follows.
As @ 2011/07/07 closing price
RCL-158.7
LFIN-181.40
SAMP-242

Then VONE PRICE= RCL*51%+LFIN*51%+ SAMP*15%
=158.7*0.51+181.40*0.51+242*0.15
=209.75 almost 210

I have not considered the investments on Delmege and Orient Garment...Please make me correct if this value is not true.I think this share is having much value than we think(most of them saying 60-65 worth). Is it worth to sell a share having a more worth than we think? Your Valuable comments are expected.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t5916-shoe-shine-boys
No wonder about the SL market!!

53VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Hiru


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@cmnet123 wrote:According to the market value of its subsidiaries VOne should have a market price as follows.
As @ 2011/07/07 closing price
RCL-158.7
LFIN-181.40
SAMP-242

Then VONE PRICE= RCL*51%+LFIN*51%+ SAMP*15%
=158.7*0.51+181.40*0.51+242*0.15
=209.75 almost 210

I have not considered the investments on Delmege and Orient Garment...Please make me correct if this value is not true.I think this share is having much value than we think(most of them saying 60-65 worth). Is it worth to sell a share having a more worth than we think? Your Valuable comments are expected.

Dear friend, I do not tell you are wrong or right, but I hope you would be a successful investor if you can read more about company valuations, specially the companies up for listing. I am not going to explain anything in detail as these things can be learnt by your self if you search in Google.

These valuation models are used to determine Ordinary Shares of a Company.

1. P/E Ratio method
2. Dividend Valuation Method
3. Net Assets Value method
There are some more methods and you will see them if you are eager to study.

I believe you are not going to take the controlling power of the company at this IPO, so all three methods can be used if you know the basics and variables needed to each method.

However, you need to consider other factors also and if you give more weight to other factors influencing share prices I hope you would reach your suggested answer, my prediction is well below that.

54VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:03 am

swarnasana


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Hiru wrote:
@cmnet123 wrote:According to the market value of its subsidiaries VOne should have a market price as follows.
As @ 2011/07/07 closing price
RCL-158.7
LFIN-181.40
SAMP-242

Then VONE PRICE= RCL*51%+LFIN*51%+ SAMP*15%
=158.7*0.51+181.40*0.51+242*0.15
=209.75 almost 210

I have not considered the investments on Delmege and Orient Garment...Please make me correct if this value is not true.I think this share is having much value than we think(most of them saying 60-65 worth). Is it worth to sell a share having a more worth than we think? Your Valuable comments are expected.

Dear friend, I do not tell you are wrong or right, but I hope you would be a successful investor if you can read more about company valuations, specially the companies up for listing. I am not going to explain anything in detail as these things can be learnt by your self if you search in Google.

These valuation models are used to determine Ordinary Shares of a Company.

1. P/E Ratio method
2. Dividend Valuation Method
3. Net Assets Value method
There are some more methods and you will see them if you are eager to study.

I believe you are not going to take the controlling power of the company at this IPO, so all three methods can be used if you know the basics and variables needed to each method.

However, you need to consider other factors also and if you give more weight to other factors influencing share prices I hope you would reach your suggested answer, my prediction is well below that.

Very Good. Telling him the correct way...

55VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000) Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:52 am

DK


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
cmnet,
Read Hiru's reply at http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t6361-vone-1st-day-price-calculation#42744.

The method you have used is correct for valuing some types of assets (and therefore stocks) but is dead wrong for others. Unfortunately in the case of VONE, it's the latter.

The method you use is what is used to value indexed funds. Why does it work there? Because by definition, the fund is nothing more than a bunch of stocks put together. You are doing nothing more than to buy a piece of that. So the valuation of the fund is exactly the price of ths shares (well there would be some commissions and other fees applied, but you get the idea).

For a company, that mechanism does not work. Why? Because holding on to other shares would not be the only action it would do. In case of VONE, they are going to build a hotel. And the share prices of the companies it hold doesnt make a material difference because they wont be selling it out.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum