FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Mithooshan Today at 7:31 am

» UNHCR Fear is over 21 countries speak for us only 15 against
by kalu351 Today at 2:11 am

» SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC (SHL.N0000)
by suku502 Today at 12:58 am

» NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC (NTB.N0000)
by ColomboCSE Yesterday at 9:17 pm

» පෙබරවාරි මාසේ කොළඹ කොටස් වලට මොකක්ද වුනේ - බැසුවාද ? බැස්සාද ?
by xhunter Yesterday at 8:45 pm

» DFCC will be receiving Rs.594,538,285.50
by Wonderer Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» UNHCR එකේ ලොකූ ටෝක දැම්මට සමහර ඔස්තාර් ලා කියන ආර්තික සම්භාදක අරවා මේවා මුකුත් එන්නේ නැ
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:45 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 2:00 am

» If you are one of those people who can sleep at night while someone else is in control of your destiny, then my advice would be to only invest in stocks
by Asoka Samarakone Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:58 pm

» Price prediction on GRAN and TAFL
by Bakkabwoi Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:22 pm

» SEMB SEMB
by stockchaser Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:57 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Vishwanarth Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:54 pm

» Bullish sentiment returns with market regulator's assurance
by Vishwanarth Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:52 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Wickyz Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:19 pm

» Chart 25.02.2021
by stockback Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:41 pm

» is it a good time to sell expo shares
by Kipling Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:39 am

» Current 2021 Februray Unit Trust/Unit Fund Per Annum percentages
by agentnrox Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:13 am

» Leading brokers causing market downturn
by Mithooshan Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:40 am

» Must watch this video - unnecessary panic
by Jana Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:03 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC (DIST.N0000)

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC (DIST.N0000)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
Distilleries Company of Sri Lanka PLC is engaged in distillation, manufacture and distribution of liquor products. The Company operates through segments, which include Beverages, Plantations, Telecommunication, Financial Services and Diversified. The Company offers various products and services, which include general insurance services, hydro power generation, automobile servicing and logistics, media buying and creative services, dyeing and printing fabric, hotels and hospitality, business process outsourcing (BPO), knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) and call center services, and information technology. The Company's products include KAREMER BRUT, Adipisicing elit sed., TAVEL ROSE, POUILLY FUISSE, Nappoleon, Extra Special Arrack and varieties of Coconut Arrack. The Company operates through various subsidiaries, which include Continental Insurance Lanka Ltd, Balangoda Plantations PLC, Lanka Bell Ltd, Bogo Power (Pvt) Ltd and Melsta Logistics (Pvt) Ltd.

Hello Melastacorp

?Can you tell us the rationale behind transferring millions of SPENSE shares belonging to DIST @ 124.10 - a price lower than the lowest price (Rs: 125.10) of that particular day.

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
these sort of transfers always a question to me too. But considering SPEN is top 10 in market capitalization, Rs.1 change can do affect on numbers. Any other theory?

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Would wait for Melstacopr response.

But I presume they want to form a holding company under melstacorp. Like VONE concept.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@kalum wrote:these sort of transfers always a question to me too. But considering SPEN is top 10 in market capitalization, Rs.1 change can do affect on numbers. Any other theory?

What is the impact of this to NAVPS & profit of DIST? ?Haven't the share holders of DIST been cheeted millions of rupees by the transaction and Melstacorp (a privately owned company) gained undue profits. DIST share holders are affected.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Is n;t melstacorp a subsidiary of DIST?

@K.Haputantri wrote:
@kalum wrote:these sort of transfers always a question to me too. But considering SPEN is top 10 in market capitalization, Rs.1 change can do affect on numbers. Any other theory?

What is the impact of this to NAVPS & profit of DIST? ?Haven't the share holders of DIST been cheeted millions of rupees by the transaction and Melstacorp (a privately owned company) gained undue profits. DIST share holders are affected.

wiki


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
what if gov suddenly bring a law to takeover DIST from Harry

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@slstock wrote:Is n;t melstacorp a subsidiary of DIST?

@K.Haputantri wrote:
@kalum wrote:these sort of transfers always a question to me too. But considering SPEN is top 10 in market capitalization, Rs.1 change can do affect on numbers. Any other theory?

What is the impact of this to NAVPS & profit of DIST? ?Haven't the share holders of DIST been cheeted millions of rupees by the transaction and Melstacorp (a privately owned company) gained undue profits. DIST share holders are affected.
I have no knowledge about it . Even if it is true, if the intention of these transfers is to make Melstacorp the holding company same doubt still remains. I am no expert on these juggleries. Experts please educate us.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
You are correct slstock, I checked it in CSE web - Melastacorp is a subsidiary of DIST.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Melstacorp is 100% subsidiary of DIST . So this will not be a big issue.

Also look at 76 of annual report

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/463_1346843612.pdf




@K.Haputantri wrote:
@slstock wrote:Is n;t melstacorp a subsidiary of DIST?

@K.Haputantri wrote:
@kalum wrote:these sort of transfers always a question to me too. But considering SPEN is top 10 in market capitalization, Rs.1 change can do affect on numbers. Any other theory?

What is the impact of this to NAVPS & profit of DIST? ?Haven't the share holders of DIST been cheeted millions of rupees by the transaction and Melstacorp (a privately owned company) gained undue profits. DIST share holders are affected.
I have no knowledge about it . Even if it is true, if the intention of these transfers is to make Melstacorp the holding company same doubt still remains. I am no expert on these juggleries. Experts please educate us.

The Alchemist


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Hi Melstacorp,

I have been following the DIST / MELSTACORP Group restrucuring exercise with interest. So far, it has been a home and home affair with DIST transfering its associate company stakes to Melstacorp its 100 % subsidiray, in exchange for additional shares in Melstacorp (i presume). The rationale of this restructuring , as you have mentioned before, is to make Melstacorp a VONE /JKH type premier Blue Chip Holding company, without the negative connotation of DIST due to its Liquor business. Another main reason i believe is to safeguard DIST from a SLIC/Pelwatte type situation where DIST would lose its valuable stakes like it did when SLIC was taken over.
Now for all this to make perfect sense, I beleive two things should happen.

1. After all other related company shares have been transferred to Melstacorp, Melstacorp will issue DIST Shareholders Melstacorp shares in exchange for their DIST shares via a share swap. Thus, Melstacorp the 100 % subsidiary of DIST will be the ultimate Parent Holding Company.

2. Listing of Melstacorp in the CSE.

If possible, can you please confirm that my thinking is correct ? more importantly, can you please tell us the timeframe when these 2 will happen ? in 2012, early 2013 or late 2013 ?

Thanks for your continued presence on this forum.

hunter

hunter
Moderator
Moderator
@The Alchemist wrote:

1. After all other related company shares have been transferred to Melstacorp, Melstacorp will issue DIST Shareholders Melstacorp shares in exchange for their DIST shares via a share swap. Thus, Melstacorp the 100 % subsidiary of DIST will be the ultimate Parent Holding Company.

2. Listing of Melstacorp in the CSE.

If possible, can you please confirm that my thinking is correct ? more importantly, can you please tell us the timeframe when these 2 will happen ? in 2012, early 2013 or late 2013 ?

Thanks for your continued presence on this forum.


That's very logical.
Finally DIST will be a subsidiary of MELS.N
Child become father and father become child!
lol!

TortoizePlus

TortoizePlus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@hunter wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:

1. After all other related company shares have been transferred to Melstacorp, Melstacorp will issue DIST Shareholders Melstacorp shares in exchange for their DIST shares via a share swap. Thus, Melstacorp the 100 % subsidiary of DIST will be the ultimate Parent Holding Company.

2. Listing of Melstacorp in the CSE.

If possible, can you please confirm that my thinking is correct ? more importantly, can you please tell us the timeframe when these 2 will happen ? in 2012, early 2013 or late 2013 ?

Thanks for your continued presence on this forum.


That's very logical.
Finally DIST will be a subsidiary of MELS.N
Child become father and father become child!
lol!

Possible

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@hunter wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:

1. After all other related company shares have been transferred to Melstacorp, Melstacorp will issue DIST Shareholders Melstacorp shares in exchange for their DIST shares via a share swap. Thus, Melstacorp the 100 % subsidiary of DIST will be the ultimate Parent Holding Company.

2. Listing of Melstacorp in the CSE.

If possible, can you please confirm that my thinking is correct ? more importantly, can you please tell us the timeframe when these 2 will happen ? in 2012, early 2013 or late 2013 ?

Thanks for your continued presence on this forum.


That's very logical.
Finally DIST will be a subsidiary of MELS.N
Child become father and father become child!
lol!

That is the strategy of Uncle Harry to protect all his investments in case of a Govt take over DIST like SLIC...By this way even the Govt take over the DIST still Harry will have the whole investments with him without loosing all his efforts/life time earnings...!
I made this remarks some time back and could not find the thread..[can some one post the link to that thread about 3, 4 months back]

Melstacorp Ltd

Melstacorp Ltd
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Hi all

Sorry for the long delay.

1. As slstock stated above Melstacorp is a 100% owned subsidiary of DCSL PLC. Hence the transfer of Spence or any other holding of DCSL PLC to Melstacorp do not have an impact on the NAV or the effective holding of the DCSL PLC shareholders.

2. This kind of transactions are common in the companies. However we do not have a mechanism to make these transfers free of costs. CSE do not usually allow private transfers. Even the CSE allows it private transfers attract stamp duty. Apart from the buying/selling brokerage , the Cess, SEC fees, CSE fees are enormous. Therefore only saving we can do is to transfer at the lowest price possible at at the lowest brokerage allowed by the CSE. CSE allows crossings below 5% of the market price. This is the reason for the transfer at a 5% lower price that day.

3. While the basis of making Melstacorp the ultimate holding company remains the objective, the mode of getting there is not finalized yet. The share swap mentioned by The Alchemist is one of the options. However such a direct swap may not comply with a certain section in the Companies Act. Therefore once the method is determined by the company based on the legal advise naturally it will be known. So please forgive us for not speculating on it.

Thank you all for the interest and I apologize for the long delay in responding.

http://www.melsta.com

hunter

hunter
Moderator
Moderator
@Melstacorp Ltd,

Just curious.
R U representing Harry J?
Or you are just an investor/trader of related stocks?

The Alchemist


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Melstacorp Ltd wrote:Hi all

Sorry for the long delay.

1. As slstock stated above Melstacorp is a 100% owned subsidiary of DCSL PLC. Hence the transfer of Spence or any other holding of DCSL PLC to Melstacorp do not have an impact on the NAV or the effective holding of the DCSL PLC shareholders.

2. This kind of transactions are common in the companies. However we do not have a mechanism to make these transfers free of costs. CSE do not usually allow private transfers. Even the CSE allows it private transfers attract stamp duty. Apart from the buying/selling brokerage , the Cess, SEC fees, CSE fees are enormous. Therefore only saving we can do is to transfer at the lowest price possible at at the lowest brokerage allowed by the CSE. CSE allows crossings below 5% of the market price. This is the reason for the transfer at a 5% lower price that day.

3. While the basis of making Melstacorp the ultimate holding company remains the objective, the mode of getting there is not finalized yet. The share swap mentioned by The Alchemist is one of the options. However such a direct swap may not comply with a certain section in the Companies Act. Therefore once the method is determined by the company based on the legal advise naturally it will be known. So please forgive us for not speculating on it.

Thank you all for the interest and I apologize for the long delay in responding.

Thank you Melstacorp for your forthright and candid comments. I am fairly certain that when Melstacorp is good and ready to go (list), it will earn a pre-eminent place as a truly Blue Chip Diversified Conglomerate / Investment Holding Company in the Colombo Stock Exchange.

All the very best.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Professional answers. Well done Melsracorp

@The Alchemist wrote:
@Melstacorp Ltd wrote:Hi all

Sorry for the long delay.

1. As slstock stated above Melstacorp is a 100% owned subsidiary of DCSL PLC. Hence the transfer of Spence or any other holding of DCSL PLC to Melstacorp do not have an impact on the NAV or the effective holding of the DCSL PLC shareholders.

2. This kind of transactions are common in the companies. However we do not have a mechanism to make these transfers free of costs. CSE do not usually allow private transfers. Even the CSE allows it private transfers attract stamp duty. Apart from the buying/selling brokerage , the Cess, SEC fees, CSE fees are enormous. Therefore only saving we can do is to transfer at the lowest price possible at at the lowest brokerage allowed by the CSE. CSE allows crossings below 5% of the market price. This is the reason for the transfer at a 5% lower price that day.

3. While the basis of making Melstacorp the ultimate holding company remains the objective, the mode of getting there is not finalized yet. The share swap mentioned by The Alchemist is one of the options. However such a direct swap may not comply with a certain section in the Companies Act. Therefore once the method is determined by the company based on the legal advise naturally it will be known. So please forgive us for not speculating on it.

Thank you all for the interest and I apologize for the long delay in responding.

Thank you Melstacorp for your forthright and candid comments. I am fairly certain that when Melstacorp is good and ready to go (list), it will earn a pre-eminent place as a truly Blue Chip Diversified Conglomerate / Investment Holding Company in the Colombo Stock Exchange.

All the very best.

18DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC (DIST.N0000) Empty DISTILLERIES........look Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:43 am

max shanu


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
DISTILLERIES........look 21/= good price to buy

kjojo


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
yes huge buying on 21

20DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC (DIST.N0000) Empty How Is The Person Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:00 am

max shanu


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
How Is The Person collecting share by rs 21/= each

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum