FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by invest thinker Today at 1:03 am

» පෙබරවාරි මාසේ කොළඹ කොටස් වලට මොකක්ද වුනේ - බැසුවාද ? බැස්සාද ?
by xhunter Today at 12:31 am

» ACL post share split trading and the future potential
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Chathur Yesterday at 9:44 pm

» Sometimes you might find that you have lost all your money in the market by investing in the non profitable stocks in the market.
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 8:34 pm

» Blossom March
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» RICH or TKYO
by RJ1010 Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» TILE / LWL / RCL
by arun.cse Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by arun.cse Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Rational Investor Yesterday at 11:58 am

» Opportunities after CSE drop
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 11:36 am

» Amana Bank's total assets cross Rs100 bilion with Rs 1billion operating profit
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:25 am

» Pakistan keen to invest in port city: Cabraal
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:16 am

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:02 am

» SANASA DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC (SDB.N0000)
by IDK Yesterday at 9:23 am

» Madura takes the Portfolio Manager 2021 leadership with staggering 3.5bn
by roshan1039 Yesterday at 5:46 am

» NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC (NTB.N0000)
by ColomboCSE Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Dynamics
by sanjeewa88 Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:50 pm

» TRUE VALUE OF LANKA ALUMINUM INDUSTRY (LALU)
by Wolf86 Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:32 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000)

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

sapumal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Invest-Wise wrote:
@monash wrote:
@Invest-Wise wrote:Monash I sincerely hope so.....i am long waiting for this....

I think CITW will run to 10 and settle for a bit. My worry is CITK!!!

Don't worry about CITK ..  I feel its trading at bottom by looking at the quantities traded between 5.80-6.10 past two weeks, hard to believe it will go down again. CITK will be adjusted and will get close to CITW.

If we compare IPO price CITK is Rs.17.50 which is 4 rupees higher than CITW.

But CITW's NAVPS is 10.25 CiTK's NAVPS is close to Rs.9 . I think both CITK and CITW will be adjusted close to their NAVPS.

If REEF start to run tommorow these two will fly with momentum.. Very Happy

Well the only hope for CITK is that it gets adjusted with the market trend. I simply cant understand where this selling is coming at 5.90-6 levels. So much shares. Over 93% held by the top 20. But last few months  so many million shares were traded at 5.50-6 levels. Even today 10 cents down and 850,000 odd traded! Seriously this baffles me. They should start he construction of the hotel soon I hope. Wain and see I guess!!!

First they have to find the money. Then they can think about constructing the hotel.
Only way they can survive is right issue with warrants. But it is 100% impossible due to the financial situation of the top share holders.

Market R


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
This is the 3rd highest gainer in this week. Around 22% up

Aubrey Perera


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Yes i think the top 20 keep selling to release their financial burden maybe or to get in to other stocks that are booming. only way is for owners to rope in a strategic investor or divest their control to someone else who has the money to do something.

monash


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Invest-Wise wrote:
@monash wrote:
@Invest-Wise wrote:Monash I sincerely hope so.....i am long waiting for this....

I think CITW will run to 10 and settle for a bit. My worry is CITK!!!

Don't worry about CITK ..  I feel its trading at bottom by looking at the quantities traded between 5.80-6.10 past two weeks, hard to believe it will go down again. CITK will be adjusted and will get close to CITW.

If we compare IPO price CITK is Rs.17.50 which is 4 rupees higher than CITW.

But CITW's NAVPS is 10.25 CiTK's NAVPS is close to Rs.9 . I think both CITK and CITW will be adjusted close to their NAVPS.

If REEF start to run tommorow these two will fly with momentum.. Very Happy

Well the only hope for CITK is that it gets adjusted with the market trend. I simply cant understand where this selling is coming at 5.90-6 levels. So much shares. Over 93% held by the top 20. But last few months  so many million shares were traded at 5.50-6 levels. Even today 10 cents down and 850,000 odd traded! Seriously this baffles me. They should start he construction of the hotel soon I hope. Wain and see I guess!!!

You are correct.. within last 2 weeks over 3 million CITK shares traded between Rs.5.80 to 6.10. This baffles me too.. its kind of strange thing especially For a trendy share like REEF. I assume some insider deal happening these days in CITK. Maybe someone eyeing controlling stake.. as according to rumours these days, maybe its VONE.  scratch  

Otherwise by looking at the quantities traded CITK should end up at least Rs.7. Lets wait and see on next week. When this deal is over it will move.

monash


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
By the way i sold my CITW today at Rs.9.20-9.30 with 25% profit.. Very Happy congrats to all bought below Rs.7.50   cheers

66WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:28 pm

sapumal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@monash wrote: I assume some insider deal happening these days in CITK. Maybe someone eyeing controlling stake.. as according to rumours these days,  maybe its VONE.  scratch  

Otherwise by looking at the quantities traded CITK should end up at least Rs.7. Lets wait and see on next week. When this deal is over it will move.

No one would try to take the control of the REEF. Around 50% shares held by DJ. Then his friends has shares. They control at least 60% of the shares.

VONE wouldn't try to take the control. But they may try to take 20% of shares. It will help them to expand tile business.

Invest_Wisely


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I would be holding on to this share for sometime. There, could be some profit taking on this as the share has appreciated significantly since the share was recommended at 7.10.

Interesting fact to note

Vallibel One is the 2nd largest shareholder im eagerly waiting to see whether they have actually increased their stake in the September Quarter.

As per the Quarterly statement 30.06.2014 of VONE, Waskaduwa beach resort is an associate company....

Happy Trading

Market R

Market R
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Invest_Wisely highted this on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:56 am. When it was traded around 7.10. Now its trading around 9.10. More than 25% gain.

Please keep up your good work Smile

kassachandi


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I'm also baffled about citk because when we look at the quarter reports of citk and citw the stock that has reduced its losses more is CITK.it might have a run nxr week.but fingers crossed.by the way im planning to enter into citk at 5.80 levels. Experts please give ur valuable ideas.. By the way did Invest_Wisely bought any citk ?

Invest_Wisely


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@kassachandi

I haven't bought any shares of CITK purely because the hotel is still not operational so I don't feel that comfortable in taking a risk like that.  This is just my opinion.

However, I do hold CITW and REEF.N from the reef group...

kassachandi


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Invest_Wisely
Is it good to enter in to citk @ these levels Invest_Wisely ?

BullvsBear

BullvsBear
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
I have recently visited CITW.Occupancy level of CITW is awesome...

This has got a bright future.. alien

SM2014

SM2014
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@BullvsBear wrote:I have recently visited CITW.Occupancy level of CITW is awesome...

This has got a bright future.. alien

I invested in CITW with 1 year time horizon and my target price is above the IPO price in next May. Those who bought at 7 and below now enjoy the profit. I believe this will stagnate around 10 for sometime until next quarter result is out but may go above if this market sentiment prevails. I still believe this is till a gud time to enter for long term investment.

Invest_Wisely


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@SM2014 I agree with you even I am holding onto CITW as I feel this is definitely worth more.....

@kassachandi

Pls refer the comments made by
by sapumal on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:49 pm
by monash on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:56 pm

regarding CITK....

75WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:36 pm

rangananwr

rangananwr
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
What happen CITK

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Best thing is see next quarter accounts and invest

rangananwr

rangananwr
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Ys any clue abt tht

monash

monash
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I lost my patience with CITK. Sold today at breakeven.

Simply because opportunity cost of holding it is high these days as i may miss the train of shares like CTBL, CFLB.. Wink

79WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) - Page 4 Empty CITK.......Its under the collection... Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:42 pm

kcrRanz


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@monash wrote:I lost my patience with CITK. Sold today at breakeven.

Simply because opportunity cost of holding it is high these days as i may miss the train of shares like CTBL, CFLB.. Wink


Monash i have 6 years trading experience with CSE.I have heard lot of people are telling a story "Api sel karama ewa up wenawa " kiyala. I have already faced to that scenario. I also have a quantity of CITK. most of the time we re doing selling when some big party starting to to buy that.That's how the buying are active in a counter.U may noticed last month it dropped into 5.50/= rs. But nw there are buyers at 5.90. Everyday im already trying to sell CITK at 6.but again keep my patience. My heart says that will pass 7/= rs. within 1 day game. Lets c....but it will be good if you have invest u money in CFLB.that will touch 40/= rs. upcoming days.

monash

monash
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@kcrRanz wrote:
@monash wrote:I lost my patience with CITK. Sold today at breakeven.

Simply because opportunity cost of holding it is high these days as i may miss the train of shares like CTBL, CFLB.. Wink


Monash i have 6 years trading experience with CSE.I have heard lot of people are telling a story "Api sel karama ewa up wenawa " kiyala. I have already faced to that scenario. I also have a quantity of CITK. most of the time we re doing selling when some big party starting to to buy that.That's how the buying are active in a counter.U may noticed last month it dropped into 5.50/= rs. But nw there are buyers at 5.90. Everyday im already trying to sell CITK at 6.but again keep my patience. My heart says that will pass 7/= rs. within 1 day game.  Lets c....but it will be good if you have invest u money in CFLB.that will touch 40/= rs. upcoming days.

I could have easily sold it at 6.10 last week. But my target was 7+.

CITW exceeded my target, unfortunately CITK couldn't break 6.10 resistance. As i mentioned before there might be big insider deal happening nowadays. Im eager to see top 10 shareholder list in next quarter results.

I bought both CITK and CITW for short term trading purpose.

I Kept CITK for 2 weeks and 3 times it tested 6.10 resistance but couldnt breakout even with REEF N movement. May be one of top shareholder exiting. I will buy back if this selling is over and break 6.10. Smile

i started to buy CFLB from last week, today i increased my holding. I'm not sure about Rs. 40 as i expect market correction on end of this week. But Rs.37+ enough for me as i entered below 33.  Razz

sapumal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@monash wrote:
@kcrRanz wrote:
@monash wrote:I lost my patience with CITK. Sold today at breakeven.

Simply because opportunity cost of holding it is high these days as i may miss the train of shares like CTBL, CFLB.. Wink


Monash i have 6 years trading experience with CSE.I have heard lot of people are telling a story "Api sel karama ewa up wenawa " kiyala. I have already faced to that scenario. I also have a quantity of CITK. most of the time we re doing selling when some big party starting to to buy that.That's how the buying are active in a counter.U may noticed last month it dropped into 5.50/= rs. But nw there are buyers at 5.90. Everyday im already trying to sell CITK at 6.but again keep my patience. My heart says that will pass 7/= rs. within 1 day game.  Lets c....but it will be good if you have invest u money in CFLB.that will touch 40/= rs. upcoming days.

I could have easily sold it at 6.10 last week. But my target was 7+.

CITW exceeded my target, unfortunately CITK couldn't break 6.10 resistance. As i mentioned before there might be big insider deal happening nowadays. Im eager to see top 10 shareholder list in next quarter results.

I bought both CITK and CITW for short term trading purpose.

I Kept CITK for 2 weeks and 3 times it tested 6.10 resistance but couldnt breakout even with REEF N movement. May be one of top shareholder exiting. I will buy back if this selling is over and break 6.10. Smile

i started to buy CFLB from last week, today i increased my holding. I'm not sure about Rs. 40 as i expect market correction on end of this week. But Rs.37+ enough for me as i entered below 33.  Razz
CITK will follow the CLND. Not REEF.

Invest-Wise

Invest-Wise
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
[quote="kcrRanz"]
@monash wrote:I lost my patience with CITK. Sold today at breakeven.

Simply because opportunity cost of holding it is high these days as i may miss the train of shares like CTBL, CFLB.. Wink


Monash i have 6 years trading experience with CSE.I have heard lot of people are telling a story "Api sel karama ewa up wenawa " kiyala. I have already faced to that scenario. I also have a quantity of CITK. most of the time we re doing selling when some big party starting to to buy that.That's how the buying are active in a counter.U may noticed last month it dropped into 5.50/= rs. But nw there are buyers at 5.90. Everyday im already trying to sell CITK at 6.but again keep my patience. My heart says that will pass 7/= rs. within 1 day game.  Lets c....but it will be good if you have invest u money in CFLB.that will touch 40/= rs. upcoming days.

Monash : so you exited. Well yes I do understand your situation and I also think I should have exited many years ago and used that money to buy some good stocks and today I would have recovered my loss. The thing is I have a very large quantity. So exiting is also not easy. ALso my loss would be extremely high. I guess since I have waited this long I I will wait a bit more till I see some movement in CLND and hopefully CITK will move with it. I am hoping for the best.

Aubrey Perera


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Very frustrating with CITK for me as well. I have a decent quantity and once I was tempted to exit at 6.10 at a 25000 profit but didn't . same trading range everyday. but I also agree that sometimes this can be collected. lets all hope for the best. GL

sapumal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Aubrey Perera wrote:Very frustrating with CITK for me as well. I have a decent quantity and once I was tempted to exit at 6.10 at a 25000 profit but didn't . same trading range everyday. but I also agree that sometimes this can be collected. lets all hope for the best. GL
I don't know why you bought CITK. They don't have any plan to start constructing the hotel. I may guess , Liberty plaza developments may have good impact on this share. But I think it is just a some development, nothing some thing big

monash

monash
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Investwisely...

I didnt have much problem of selling it since i bought it at Rs.5.80 and i held it only for 2 weeks. Since you are holding it for years i think you better hold it till this selling is over and until clnd trigger a run. I beleive you bought it at above 7 and stucked. I still think this will move 7+ with clnd and reef before asi turning back.

Good luck.. Smile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum