FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by ApolloCSE Today at 2:01 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CARS CINV BUKI

+11
dhamm
come on
smallville
sony3
dimithri
tubal
sapumal
nal 78
seyon
million
Rocky
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:20 pm

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

While I agree wit the carsons shares, I must stress out its CINV that stands out due to the attractive price level its going nw.. Surely this wont be staying in this era for a long time and I'm seeing bull factors from last week looking at the buying pressure it has.. CINV has number of shares on float so easily can buy and sell.. BUKI on the other hand is nearly closer to 1000 and its very difficult for normal ppl to jump into it looking at the value.. But that's once hell of a share which I used to be bullish ;-)

27CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:42 pm

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

I don't think CINV will move. Look at the selling pressure. It is huge

28CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:56 pm

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:While I agree wit the carsons shares, I must stress out its CINV that stands out due to the attractive price level its going nw.. Surely this wont be staying in this era for a long time and I'm seeing bull factors from last week looking at the buying pressure it has.. CINV has number of shares on float so easily can buy and sell.. BUKI on the other hand is nearly closer to 1000 and its very difficult for normal ppl to jump into it looking at the value.. But that's once hell of a share which I used to be bullish ;-)

Hi smallville and nal78

The group results are about to release on Mon and Tue. We will not be able to see these stock at this price level.. CINV and GUAR will come out with most attractive results and portfolio. CARS and BUKI will reflect its operational and group performance. CARS and CINV this price level is very much attractive to buy.. Still it has a room to rise up.. As u mentioned GUAR and BUKI free float is very low, that is reason price get highly jumped.

I would say, we will be able to get max return if we hold these shares.................

Happy Trading..

29CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:59 pm

tubal

seyon wrote:[
The group results are about to release on Mon and Tue. We will not be able to see these stock at this price level..
Happy Trading..

Definitely you will not see these shares at the same price level after next week. It remains to be seen whether the direction is up or down.

30CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:06 pm

seyon

tubal wrote:
seyon wrote:[
The group results are about to release on Mon and Tue. We will not be able to see these stock at this price level..
Happy Trading..

Definitely you will not see these shares at the same price level after next week. It remains to be seen whether the direction is up or down.

Hi Tubal

You cant see the downward run from these stocks from next week. I was trying to tell that We will not be able to see these stock at this attractive price level..

Happy Trading

31CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:19 pm

tubal

I will bookmark this post.

32CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:49 pm

sapumal

tubal wrote:I will bookmark this post.

me too.
I don't think anyone of us (me,tabul,seyon,smallville) did a proper analysis about these shares before our foolish statements

33CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:56 am

come on

Stock Trader

Can any one suggest /reveal the day's of announcement of Q3 financials of the above companies... eagerly awaiting to the share's @ it's peak........ Arrow Arrow

34CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:24 am

tubal

sapumal wrote:

me too.
I don't think anyone of us (me,tabul,seyon,smallville) did a proper analysis about these shares before our foolish statements

Speak for yourself!

35CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:46 am

sapumal

tubal wrote:
sapumal wrote:

me too.

Speak for yourself!

Johor, Sabah,Perlis,Kedah , Kelantan, Kalimantan

36CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:47 am

Rocky

Rocky
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I decided to have a try with BUKI and CINV.
It started the upwards trend today and might continue.
Sold the lack luster shares I was holding except TWOD.
Dumped DIAL, RHL.
Lets see the fun!
bounce I love you

37CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:28 pm

seyon

sapumal wrote:I think CINV will go to 250 , Guar 450

Still CINV is under price, as u predicted it would hit Ts.250...

As per the SEP quarter

CINV total portfolio 4.3Bn ( as per sep)

it annualized EPS (after split) is Rs.22 and Investment sector PER is 22.8 times. Therefore the value would be (22 X 22.Cool is Rs.500. However PER multiples of Investment sector is high, since some company in this sector has high PER (Eg.GREG), that is reason the sector PER reported 22.8 times. However even if you discounts PER by 50% to get fair adjustment the CINV value would be (22 X 11.4) Rs. 250. Therefore there is high chances the price will get move up. and Net asset per share Rs.145( This quarter it would more thaan 220 level)

Further it has unique feature in its Investment portfolio
CINV total portfolio is Rs. 7.2 Bn including investment in Sri Lanka Fund (USD fund targeting foreign investor) amounts Rs.151Mn and the carrying value of investment Rs.3.1Bn in associate company Rubber Investment Trust Company, which has a stake of 20% in BUKI. (In Financial statement investment in associate is been reported in Carrying Value as per SLAS, However the fair value of investment is Rs.9.8Bn that reflects BUKI market value).Further CINV has short term investment in different sectors amounts to Rs.733Mn.

Happy trading

38CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:37 pm

sapumal

These are investment trusts. Don't look at PE.N0000
NAV.N0000 is the KEY factor
If BUKI is stable, CINV is really under valued
Harapan Lestari

39CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:43 pm

seyon

sapumal wrote:These are investment trusts. Don't look at PE.N0000
NAV.N0000 is the KEY factor
If BUKI is stable, CINV is really under valued
Harapan Lestari

Hi sapumal

Yes u are correct, just to analyze in terms of earning only, i presented my views... that is the reasons i mentioned the book value also this would easily break 250 in coming quarters

Happy Trading

40CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm

sapumal

They can have a good earning too. They are the biggest investment trusts in CSE and they will take the full advantage during the Oct drama and the January drama (Now showing @CSE)
Good Luck

41CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:47 pm

dhamm

Manager - Equity Analytics

Guys,
Since during the December qtr market was down, is there any chance that NAV of CINV can go down compared to the septembet qtr? As per Sep 31, market value of NAPS was 145. if thats the case, would CINV worth this much?

if anyone of you have analyzed their portfolio in detail, pls share with us. Smile

42CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty CARS Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:11 pm

moon

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

CARS is expected to go upto 1200

43CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:45 pm

RockStock

dhamm wrote:Guys,
Since during the December qtr market was down, is there any chance that NAV of CINV can go down compared to the septembet qtr? As per Sep 31, market value of NAPS was 145. if thats the case, would CINV worth this much?

if anyone of you have analyzed their portfolio in detail, pls share with us. Smile

Their top share holdings except BUKI
John Keells Holdings 20%
2 Aitken Spence 15%
3 Commercial Bank 12%
4 Hatton Nation Bank 11%
5 Aitken Spence
Hotel Holdings 8%

I think during the last quater, with the announcement of the share split SPEN climbed from around 1500 to 3300, with more than 100% gain. So as AHUN with the split. JKH price was below 240 before september 2010, and now 290; around 20% gain.

IMHO November dip didn't affect much for their profile rather they gained considerably if you look at the charts.

44CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:27 pm

smallville

smallville

Guys results out..

GUAR
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/607_1297679328310.pdf
CINV
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/608_1297679722156.pdf
BUKI
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/456_1297679307169.pdf

BUKI's NAV has increased but other.. OMG.. wat to say???

Now I wonder who can still be bullish on CARS group?

45CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:06 pm

RockStock

as expected CINV and GUAR NAV increased, But how do they calculate this EPS

46CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Backstage

Backstage

Sept results should be out next week. Any predictions ?

Palm oil forecast down up to Dec and upwards in 2012.

47CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Backstage

Backstage

Analyst Mistry: Severe Drop In CPO Output From November To Boost Prices
(02 Dec, 2011)
"A "severe" drop in crude palm oil production due to seasonally lower yields and La Nina-related rainfall in the world's top producers could see prices rising toward MYR4,000 a metric ton by June, leading vegetable oil analyst Dorab Mistry said Friday. (Dec 2, 2011)"

My understanding is that palm oil at 2000 ringgit,Cars & Buki are in profit. With new stocks coming into bearing in 1st Q and with more downstream acquisitions Cars group should be happening by June. Apparently their long term target is to become the worlds biggest palm oil producer.

Any one else watching this ?

48CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:35 pm

aj

Backstage wrote:Analyst Mistry: Severe Drop In CPO Output From November To Boost Prices
(02 Dec, 2011)
"A "severe" drop in crude palm oil production due to seasonally lower yields and La Nina-related rainfall in the world's top producers could see prices rising toward MYR4,000 a metric ton by June, leading vegetable oil analyst Dorab Mistry said Friday. (Dec 2, 2011)"

My understanding is that palm oil at 2000 ringgit,Cars & Buki are in profit. With new stocks coming into bearing in 1st Q and with more downstream acquisitions Cars group should be happening by June. Apparently their long term target is to become the worlds biggest palm oil producer.

Any one else watching this ?

This means palm oil producers won't be able to make much palm oil to sell.

49CARS CINV BUKI - Page 2 Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Backstage

Backstage

Cars is supposed to have a large amount of hectares coming into bearing next year.
(I am no expert. I own some cars group shares and always on the lookout for anything I can learn about the groups medium term prospects.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum