FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» The stock market can be a great place to make money; it can also be a great place to lose money. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» LOFC AND CLC Target Price??
by Captain Yesterday at 9:17 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today
by SAGA Yesterday at 6:32 pm

» Top crossings today
by SAGA Yesterday at 5:01 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Sunimal Yesterday at 12:52 pm

» Amana Takaful ATL & ATLL
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 12:17 pm

» Best Time to Collect Cic X
by Value Pick Yesterday at 8:15 am

» Why is First Capital Holdings being dumped?
by Berryfund Yesterday at 6:29 am

» AGST can move
by FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:58 pm

» COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC (COCR.N0000)
by newone Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:57 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:57 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:10 pm

» Twitter accounts related to the stock market
by Bakkabwoi Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:09 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by xhunter Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:55 pm

» LOFC LOFC LOFC
by madukp Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:49 pm

» How Equity Emerged the Top Asset Class During a Pandemic
by samaritan Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:30 pm

» HVA FOODS PLC (HVA.N0000)
by rajini Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:38 pm

» Ambeon Holdings fully owned subsidiary MillenniumIT ESP gears for global expansion
by samaritan Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:39 am

» Sri Lanka IT and consultant industry moved closer to LKR 10Bn in 2Q 2021
by samaritan Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:36 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)

+111
Pbv
EquityPlus
Ekanayake90
dakzsl
ThilinaM
bhanu
jaya
dow
Brinthan
Harry82
stocksira
charith666lk
kassachandimal
kcrRanz
FIRE123
sameboy
hotstock
worthiness
Nuwan Prasad
SLBOY
Pac-man
EquityChamp
AUS79
EPS
shadow walker
ChateauC
jayathu
karuna
kuma524
NZ BOY
fulltilt
Yahapalanaya
lossorgain
SUSPENS
Insight
rizan666
peacockman
nis2010
bandara 123
mdcpk1975
piras
stockback
Teller
Recicash
wisdom79
Gainer
Jana
Nitro 7
SHARK aka TAH
SM2014
thankrishan
Siva08
VALUEPICK
prabath
CARACALLA
kassachandi
RPPA
fireshelter
ddrperera
Jana1
hariesha
balapas
executer
amilaela
Researcher
Roboticfx
charith82
Ben Graham
MY MONEY
xmart
lakchamil
rcharindu
Deva
Hawk Eye
duke
Milindaperera
smallville
Soundchips
3mr
kuk83
porkchops
pradeepk
StocksWatch
san1985
UKboy
nathanfornash
High.Risk.High.Return
wiser
MoneyMaker
rm
mark
Monster
mjrocker
marketsee
themask
godswen
tubal
Slstock
sapumal
mono
Chinwi
$$$
TelesHope
ss7097
econ
Rajitha
invest-abc
upuldi
Bollinger
KDS
salt
115 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

51BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:13 pm

StocksWatch


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@mjrocker wrote:Why market going down like this?And what is BFL base level if BFL went down to 320 if will undervalued as for there 3rd q report,

2-3 weeks back, 400 was considered as support level for this stock...but with the way the prices coming down daily, it is very difficult predict the base level. If somebody wants to collect, he should start collecting gradually.

52BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Bairaha Farms PLC Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:06 pm

pradeepk


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
BFL is the largest day old chick producer in SL. Chicken consumption in Sri Lanka is expected to increase 8kg from 5kg per person.Its already at its optimum capacity and expansion plans underway to increase capacity by half with a total investment of USD 3.2 mn.This allows them to sell more chicken and increase its market share.

ROE of the company is 55.76 showing the groups longterm competitivenes. Qtr 2 Qtr Earnings growing showing its durable comp. advantage. the growth in earning will add up and increse the underlying value of the Business. Solid cash flow and strong cash position gives more investment opportunities and barriers to entry to others. cashflow per share is 31.04.

The new BOI project to expand capacity is with a 10 year tax holiday which will reduce the tax/revenue % and increase its bottom line.

It has already become a high flying share, and should go further high

53BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:18 pm

porkchops


Stock Trader
BFL is one of the meat farms which received BOI approval. It will utilize the latest technology in meat production such as these.

Good Luck



Last edited by smallville on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : due to disturbance to some audience)

54BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:17 pm

wiser


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
PLs don't upload these type of videos. Please.

55BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:14 pm

kuk83


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@wiser wrote:PLs don't upload these type of videos. Please.

Agree with wiser.

56BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:13 am

3mr


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
yap,

I believe it would cross the 500 barrier before this Friday and 600/= before the end of the month.

This is just my opinion. Do your own analysis before taking any decisions

thanks

57BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:47 am

Soundchips


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I suffered losses from PCH and BFL last time.

58BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:04 am

3mr


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Hi soundchip,

Avoid buying on credit as much as possible
don't panic buy looking at your un-realistic losses as long as you are sure your stock is strong.
You do not lose any thing until you sell, so practice patience.
A strong stock with good earnings would go up in the due course.
Try to go against the crowd. Buy attractive stocks when the price is low and no one is willing to buy.
Don't follow the crowd and buy stocks at the peak.

Practice patience.
Never sell any position at a loss.

cheers
3mr

59BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:08 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Soundchips wrote:I suffered losses from PCH and BFL last time.
Timing the market is immense important.. buy at the right time and sell once it reaches ur target is the key to sucess..

60BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:09 am

Milindaperera

Milindaperera
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@3mr: Will reach 500 this Friday? Dont believe in wonders ... BFL is good and will reach this again 1 day .. bt nt this soon IMB...

61BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 am

duke


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@porkchops wrote:BFL is one of the meat farms which received BOI approval. It will utilize the latest technology in meat production such as these.

Good Luck


this is funny. there was a promotional video of a poultry processing farm in this post and now it has been removed. there was nothing embedded on that post. it was just a link. view it or not was the shareholders choice. what if this was a plantations share and the video was a tea factory, or a milk producer and shows a farm. i think moderators of this forum have bought poultry shares heavily and making sure its promotion not hindered. if you own a poultry share what's wrong with a poultry farm? you're part of that business. what's so disturbing about that?

62BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:24 am

tubal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@duke wrote:
@porkchops wrote:BFL is one of the meat farms which received BOI approval. It will utilize the latest technology in meat production such as these.

Good Luck


this is funny. there was a promotional video of a poultry processing farm in this post and now it has been removed. there was nothing embedded on that post. it was just a link. view it or not was the shareholders choice. what if this was a plantations share and the video was a tea factory, or a milk producer and shows a farm. i think moderators of this forum have bought poultry shares heavily and making sure its promotion not hindered. if you own a poultry share what's wrong with a poultry farm? you're part of that business. what's so disturbing about that?

Absolutely duke, people need to be educated about the industry they are investing in. Most people have been to a tea or rubber estate but I suspect most people here haven't been to a real IT company or a chicken farm. So videos or other educational materials that are being shared on this forum will surely benefit the people who invest in these kind of stocks?

With that thought in mind, I would like to share this Wikipedia link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_cage Hopefully people will be able to get a better idea about next quarter EPS after reading it.

Happy trading.

63BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:12 am

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert
Whatever it is the prices surging, Those who having BFL should be jumping up now.

Lot more to go.

Happy trading

64BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:56 am

3mr


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Milindaperera wrote:@3mr: Will reach 500 this Friday? Dont believe in wonders ... BFL is good and will reach this again 1 day .. bt nt this soon IMB...

Hi milinda,

this is what my instinct is saying to me . That's it.

65BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Need advise on BFL (Bairaha) Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Deva


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I purchased this stock at the peak (@ 490) and this was in my early days of trading.
I have been holding this, thinking it would appreciate as it's not bad stock.
Is it advisable sell with the big loss? Will this appreciate in the near future (within 1-2 months)? and to what level? Please advise.

66BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:36 pm

rcharindu

rcharindu
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
If i were you i will try to average it close to 350's and hold it until December.It's sound share as u mention.so keep faith on it.
That's what i do,but it's your money you have to take a decision.

67BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:15 pm

lakchamil


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Try to minimize your loss. actually its not a loss. but your money stop the one place. If you can keep in tuch the share Smile & do the Buy & sell same share. (BFL) Smile Smile But dont miss it. Because the share having bright near future.(Festival season)

68BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 pm

xmart

xmart
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
if you know the business and their approach to the upcoming challenges, and if you have faith in management, no need to worry. it is just a matter of patience.

69BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:07 pm

MY MONEY

MY MONEY
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Deva wrote:I purchased this stock at the peak (@ 490) and this was in my early days of trading.
I have been holding this, thinking it would appreciate as it's not bad stock.
Is it advisable sell with the big loss? Will this appreciate in the near future (within 1-2 months)? and to what level? Please advise.


make sure you sell now and buy again around 255 , it will reduce your average, anyway this will strt to go up around end of November , personally its real hard for this share pass 490 with in this year

70BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Ben Graham

Ben Graham
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
for me this is heating now.. it will have a run(not a marathon) very soon. say for around Rs100 more. i just felt it. dnt sell it now. at least try to hold untill the end of the year to ext year Jan. U will have a gud smile. it's a strong share. rem it's included to forbes magzn tooo Laughing

71BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:16 pm

charith82


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I think if you can better to keep it till December. it will go up with Christmas

72BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:24 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
This is the best time of CSE. You might get a chance before Christmas. Very Happy

73BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:02 am

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert
BFL-in its annual report in 2008/09 states its planning to set up a large-scale broiler farm in order to minimise Companys dependece on outgrowers. It invsted 120mn in 2010/11 and will invest 240mn following year. This will increase the production capcity 15%-20% per year over 3 years. This means turnover and profit will increase compared to last year.By how much is not known due to the below mentioned problems. BFL will harvest its first batch of birds in August / September 2011.

In the 2010/11 finacial report it states demand slacking due to heavy competition, therefore prices comming down.other reasons mentioned for declining prices are oversupply in market, price decline in fish ect.

Comming quarters will prove how much BFL can improve on their performance whilst the capacity increasing will also fuel the oversupply problem. But theres a major role governement played jeopardising the market duing the seasonal times intervenng to control price and importing egg and chicken.10 mil eggs and 5000 ton chiken imported last year during the shortage time. Competition is going to be immense in comming years

Cost of feed grains which is the major component of the cost of sales is the killer.High oil prices pushed up the grain prices due to the diversion of maize for bio-fuel production.on top of this Government plan to make the country self sufficient in maize and has imposed restrictions through tax and cess.

But BFL has its own strategy to overcome the problem through its new maize project. Last year it was due to the flood and before it due to the dorught the project didnt reap much benefit. Once this project goes in full swing the GP will improve.

So far BFL has done well and will do better overcomming these problems with time.

Add your comments pls

Good luck

74BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:09 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Hawk Eye wrote:BFL-in its annual report in 2008/09 states its planning to set up a large-scale broiler farm in order to minimise Companys dependece on outgrowers. It invsted 120mn in 2010/11 and will invest 240mn following year. This will increase the production capcity 15%-20% per year over 3 years. This means turnover and profit will increase compared to last year.By how much is not known due to the below mentioned problems. BFL will harvest its first batch of birds in August / September 2011.

In the 2010/11 finacial report it states demand slacking due to heavy competition, therefore prices comming down.other reasons mentioned for declining prices are oversupply in market, price decline in fish ect.

Comming quarters will prove how much BFL can improve on their performance whilst the capacity increasing will also fuel the oversupply problem. But theres a major role governement played jeopardising the market duing the seasonal times intervenng to control price and importing egg and chicken.10 mil eggs and 5000 ton chiken imported last year during the shortage time. Competition is going to be immense in comming years

Cost of feed grains which is the major component of the cost of sales is the killer.High oil prices pushed up the grain prices due to the diversion of maize for bio-fuel production.on top of this Government plan to make the country self sufficient in maize and has imposed restrictions through tax and cess.

But BFL has its own strategy to overcome the problem through its new maize project. Last year it was due to the flood and before it due to the dorught the project didnt reap much benefit. Once this project goes in full swing the GP will improve.

So far BFL has done well and will do better overcomming these problems with time.

Add your comments pls

Good luck

well balanced post . +rep

75BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:48 am

MY MONEY

MY MONEY
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
most people think BFL will go up in the past Islamic Festival,
december it will rise definitely ,

76BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:09 am

Deva


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Thank you for all the much valued comments. All the points noted.

77BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Researcher


Stock Trader
hi pls give me some information on bairaha.. who are its competitors? what is its market share? etc..

78BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Researcher


Stock Trader
does anyone knw information about bairaha? who are it's competitors? what is its market share?

79BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:13 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Researcher wrote:hi pls give me some information on bairaha.. who are its competitors? what is its market share? etc..

Just in case u've not known this, you can find much information on BFL from ; www.google.com

Then you can find financial info from;
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=BFL:SL

80BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  - Page 3 Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:07 pm

amilaela

amilaela
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
enawa enawa kukulo enwa... dec

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001851586843

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum