FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTS

Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% [ 43 ]
Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% [ 57 ]
Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% [ 83 ]
Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Vote_rcap 34% [ 93 ]

Total Votes : 276

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka bond yields extend fall on DDR comments
by K.R Yesterday at 6:12 pm

» The rupee was now ‘heavily undervalued’ based on fundamentals - Central Bank Governor Nandalal Weerasinghe
by K.R Yesterday at 3:02 pm

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Riz123 Yesterday at 1:45 pm

» CIC going to next level
by suku502 Yesterday at 12:13 pm

» PMB/PLC/PINS
by K.R Yesterday at 12:03 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by K.R Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:56 am

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by ErangaDS Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:34 pm

» KZOO.N SHAW WALLACE INVESTMENTS PLC TP 10/
by cheetah Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:16 am

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:53 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM (SLTL.N0000) - Reawakening the Giant
by Equity Win Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:10 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:35 am

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by K.R Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:45 am

» Singapore based Kreate Design to invest USD 1 Billion to Colombo Lotus Tower
by K.R Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:40 pm

» China working with other lenders on ‘easing’ Sri Lanka debt
by K.R Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:31 pm

» Billionaire owned listed companies faces insolvency issues in Sri Lanka
by God Father Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:11 am

» Wahts going on with Expo
by sanjayaK Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:23 pm

» REGULATORS - DUTY OF CARE
by God Father Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:47 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by K.R Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:03 pm

» LANKA HOSPITAL + SRI LANKA TELECOM + HOUSING DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION
by nish84 Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:29 pm

» SEYLAN DEVELOPMENTS PLC (CSD.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:16 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Focus on Government controlled entities

Focus on Government controlled entities

+7
Eranx
suku502
samaritan
Quibit
K.R
D.G.Dayaratne
Ekanayake90
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ErangaDS

Manager - Equity Analytics

"You should walk the talk Mr President & it has to be NOW"

President eyes $ 3-4 b via sale of SOEs; says big State sector did not help SL to grow fast
https://www.ft.lk/front-page/President-eyes-3-4-b-via-sale-of-SOEs-says-big-State-sector-did-not-help-SL-to-grow-fast/44-741523

rajini

ErangaDS wrote:"You should walk the talk Mr President & it has to be NOW"

President eyes $ 3-4 b via sale of SOEs; says big State sector did not help SL to grow fast
https://www.ft.lk/front-page/President-eyes-3-4-b-via-sale-of-SOEs-says-big-State-sector-did-not-help-SL-to-grow-fast/44-741523

It will never going to happen. They will put the burden on the private sector.
Now it is very much clear the plan A is tax the private sector as much as possible (1000 USD has to pay 30% tax) and feed the public sector.

ErangaDS

There is a strong pro privatization sentiment even within the government, we have never seen such in the history of SL. I believe we are on the right track but we need to fasten the process.

"Sri Lanka’s government in particular should not be in business due to severe policy uncertainty that hit state enterprises, Foreign Minister Ali Sabry said."
https://economynext.com/sri-lanka-government-in-particular-should-not-be-in-business-minister-101717/

D.G.Dayaratne

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Privatization is productive  with transparency with out CRONY CAPITALISM

NOT LIKE DURING THE TIME OF JR,PEMADASA, CHADRIKA,  MAHINDA  MAITHREE AND GOTA.

ErangaDS likes this post

30Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Empty Re: Focus on Government controlled entities Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:40 am

ADVENTUS

D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Privatization is productive  with transparency with out CRONY CAPITALISM

NOT LIKE DURING THE TIME OF JR,PEMADASA, CHADRIKA,  MAHINDA  MAITHREE AND GOTA.

WAS LOOKING AT THIS RECENTLY. IN FACT, PREMADASA HAD THE BEST MODEL. WORKED BEST AND WAS TRANSPARENT AND WE ARE STILL BENEFITING FROM IT I.E., TEA INDUSTRY.

D.G.Dayaratne

As far as i know most of companies are not managed efficiently.Lot
of corrupt and uneducated people

Plantation sector is managed by schools rejects of high school.
( Pl note that this is a general statement There are exception  I mean
honest and efficient people)

Last edited by D.G.Dayaratne on Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add more)

ErangaDS, ADVENTUS and Citizen Silva like this post

32Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Empty Re: Focus on Government controlled entities Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:02 am

Citizen Silva

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

D.G.Dayaratne wrote:As far as i know most of companies are not managed efficiently.Lot
of corrupt and uneducated people

Plantation sector is managed by schools rejects of high school.
( Pl note that this is a general statement There are exception  I mean
honest and efficient people)
In addition to privatisation they should stop most free handouts except for the very needy (old, weak unable to work etc) there should be a safety net. Especially they should stop free higher education. Also students should be barred from any political activity within the Universities. Private medical schools should be allowed.

ErangaDS and ADVENTUS like this post

ErangaDS

ErangaDS

Budget 2023
Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 659f0f10

K.R

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

https://www.ft.lk/top-story/Ranil-spells-out-winning-formula/26-742151

Ranil spells out winning formula*

Affirms Govt. has no intention to do biz
Opines no hesitation to sell SOEs if $ 7 b assets available

He categorically said that the Government does not intend to do business, whilst pointing out that it lost billions and trillions of rupees which would have been better invested on education, health or housing.

ErangaDS likes this post

K.R

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

ErangaDS likes this post

ErangaDS

ErangaDS

President reveals why Govt selling profit-making enterprises

“They still ask, why are you selling profit-making enterprises, look at the SLT It’s making profits. If you ask the secretary of the Treasury, he will tell you what profits are made and how much more money we are to pump into the future. The money we haven’t got. We have to decide whether we want to strengthen the people or whether we want to take public money and strengthen the Insurance Corporation, Sri Lankan and Telecom. My priority is to look at the people and not these companies and buildings. All of you who want to know why we are selling it, we are selling it so that we can put this money into the foreign exchange reserve and strengthen the rupee. I will tell you one thing. If I can sell more and put 7 billion back, I will do it. And tomorrow we will be back to normal. I don’t know if we have 7 billion, but if I can get 7 billion, I will do it. I have no hesitation about that. I want the people of this country to have a good life”

https://www.newswire.lk/2022/11/19/president-reveals-why-govt-selling-profit-making-enterprises/
Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Ff9e7a10

K.R likes this post

37Focus on Government controlled entities - Page 2 Empty Re: Focus on Government controlled entities Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:45 am

K.R

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

K.R wrote:
K.R wrote:
Ekanayake90 wrote:Sri Lanka can raise US$2-3bn by reducing SOEs: President

ECONOMYNEXT – Sri Lanka plans boost central bank reserves by reducing state owned enterprises President Ranil Wickremesinghe told parliament, in a possible reference to a rivatization drive.

“By reducing the burden of SOE we can expand the reserves by getting 2 to 3 billion US dollar,” President Wickrmesinghe told parliament.

“This is the only short term way we can get a few billions of reserves in the short term.”

Sri Lanka has a series of so-called ‘low hanging fruits’ which can be sold down.

These include Sri Lanka Insurance, *residual stakes in already listed companies like Sri Lanka Telecom, and state owned hotels*. (Colombo/Oct05/2022)

CSE - PINS , SLT , LHCL 

30/06/2022.       30/09/2022 

SLT.       Rs. 29                   44
LHCL.    Rs. 51                    91
PINS.     Rs. 19                    21

💎

LHCL 100 🔥

SLT 56
PINS 19.60 💎
18/11/2022

LHCL 95.50
SLT 70.50   :fire: