FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka SEC considering broker credit request: Director General

+13
Indranige nandamma
RIO
rijayasooriya
mohith
duke
Ransiri Silva
abp1970
opfdo
gann
sapumal
manula
san1985
Nigel.Machado
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

RIO wrote:
Rajitha wrote:If I had the option I would allow the brokering firms to give retailers to be given up to 20% credit of the portfolio value at between 10-18% interest rate!

Rajitha, The problem here is not the Credit facility for Retailers ..even now all Brokers provide 30% to 50% credit in par with Portfolio...the the problem is retailers are expecting an unlimited number of days for credit settlement which is highly unrealistic request, which could blow a Bubble in the future if allowed...!

Even with interest charged all the financial institutions lend with a settlement date for any kind of Loans or Lease...so even if brokers are allowed providing Credit...they should be given a stipulated period for settlement to their clients instead of just pumping credit on credit every day...!

Rio, I think Rajitha is correct. Now brokers are not allowed to lend to their clients. Only financing institutions can provide margin credit. But few brokers have establised their own financial institutions to provide credit according to SEC rulling. But Most brokers are not capable to do so. Hence their clients unless marbin credit facility has obtained from a bank/financil institution are now in trouble. They will have to settle by paying cash or selling same shares he bought or any other shares in his PF within the T+5 limits.(within 5 days)Therefore it is considered as force selling and this would cause for increasing selling preasure.

Rajitha

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

RIO wrote:
Rajitha wrote:If I had the option I would allow the brokering firms to give retailers to be given up to 20% credit of the portfolio value at between 10-18% interest rate!

Rajitha, The problem here is not the Credit facility for Retailers ..even now all Brokers provide 30% to 50% credit in par with Portfolio...the the problem is retailers are expecting an unlimited number of days for credit settlement which is highly unrealistic request, which could blow a Bubble in the future if allowed...!

Even with interest charged all the financial institutions lend with a settlement date for any kind of Loans or Lease...so even if brokers are allowed providing Credit...they should be given a stipulated period for settlement to their clients instead of just pumping credit on credit every day...!

In case you didn't got the meaning of what I wrote: I meant to say 20% credit facility without settlement date but interest being charged! That's the system we had before. The problem with that was that some brokering firms allowed stupid amounts of credit up to almost 100% of the portfolio value! So if the investors invested in some stupid stocks and shares went bust the brokering firm has no way of collecting their money!
With 20% credit facility this problem is solved as I do not expect almost any collection of shares to fall bellow 80% of its invested value! Also big investors already have this facility with banks and even some brokering firms up to almost 50% of their portfolio value!

sajeethk

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

careful guys SEC and CSE watch dogs watching this forum,,, Very Happy

rijayasooriya

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

sajeethk wrote:careful guys SEC and CSE watch dogs watching this forum,,, Very Happy

That is why we are writing friend.Laughing

manula

Rajitha wrote:[

In case you didn't got the meaning of what I wrote: I meant to say 20% credit facility without settlement date but interest being charged! That's the system we had before. The problem with that was that some brokering firms allowed stupid amounts of credit up to almost 100% of the portfolio value! So if the investors invested in some stupid stocks and shares went bust the brokering firm has no way of collecting their money!
With 20% credit facility this problem is solved as I do not expect almost any collection of shares to fall bellow 80% of its invested value! Also big investors already have this facility with banks and even some brokering firms up to almost 50% of their portfolio value!

Yes Rajitha... I am fully agreed with your comments.. Why they cannot give at least 20% credit with out settlement date with interest. This problem comes only to the small investors. Big investors have enough money, getting reduce rate loan etc.. so they don't have to worry about credit limits..so they do manipulations, internal trading, bubbles so on what ever you call.. The poor small investor due T+5 has to force sell with a loss but the big investors enjoying with every thing. Surprised

pushpakumara

sajeethk wrote:careful guys SEC and CSE watch dogs watching this forum,,, Very Happy

So will we get caught to price band? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum